Multiple Accounts

Options

Comments

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 14,416 Legend
    Options

Yes loads of people start again by creating a new account @christinewupp but how many of them have read the T&Cs do you think. The ongoing lawsuit started after last years All Stars shows how important it is to read them and not reading them can't be used as an excuse later on.

I guess Colleen12's recent reset to level 1 is the 'correct' thing to do and that might explain why there is a Help Centre article on how to get your game reset.

• Pyrolight
    Pyrolight Posts: 883 Level 3
    Options

Ya, it is very odd. Never seen this before. Generally only if you use two accounts at the same time.

It is what I have done. I am not going to bother getting my account reset, I have never even seen a "one account per platform" restriction before. Basically if you have to request a reset → new email for new account.

Unless it has something to do with merging accounts I cannot fathom the rational. Anyway I would not worry for your existing accounts. If you want to do allstars you might need to use a different platform.

I am sure there is a real reason and it is some way of cheating in the past but it does seem really odd without context.

• T0rr1e
    T0rr1e Posts: 196 Level 2
    Options

Reading about IP addresses what if the person/people have VIP addresses on their devices. I use a VIP on my computer and you can set it for any country that you like, I do not see how King could trace the device then, as they would not be able to find it, (or are VIP consider illegal for the game). I don't worry about all stars as I am not eligible living in Australia. I could change my VIP to the States, I wonder if King could find out? I don't think that I could score high enough to make it worthwhile.

• Alienscar
    edited May 4
    Options

(or are VIP consider illegal for the game).

Well @T0rr1e using a VPN isn't illegal as you aren't breaking any law, but using a VPN is against the T&Cs of the game.

5.5 You agree that you will not:

disguise, anonymise or hide your IP address or the source of any Content that you may upload; 

I wonder if King could find out?

Yes they can identify if you are using a VPN, but they can't determine anything else about you.

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 6,422 Level 5
    edited May 4
    Options

Is there any way any of us can play this game without breaking SOME of King's terms and conditions I wonder……🤔

I mean play and enjoy it.

• Pyrolight
    Options

Think of the TOS as a catchall. They are covering everything possible regardless if it makes sense in the context of normal play. It just allows them to deal with situations of exploits where the wording for an exploit might not catch a very similar one that don't quite meet the traditional level of hacking and such.

Basically make almost everything against the rules to cover your butt but don't enforce it unless it is needed.

• Scooterpie
    Scooterpie Posts: 5,881 Level 5
    Options

I just have never understood really why to have more than one account? Everything I wish to try does not need this. You can go back and play old levels and see what has changed. You can play as a new player and just not make an account and check out the game for comparison. As far as time changing, this is bad. I use 3 computers, computers like to update. A lot of things update. What do you think all the time changing does? What does this do to your syncing between your devices?

• quekkc
    quekkc Posts: 130 Level 3
    Options

Multiple users connected to the same router doesn't mean they are the same person. Your whole family members could have just one account each. So, IP address cannot prove that you have multiple accounts.

If all your family members/friends login using one particular account (same location or otherwise) and play at the same time, that may be breaking the rule of "share your King Account or login information with anyone".

• Alienscar
    Options

So, IP address cannot prove that you have multiple accounts.

You are right @quekkc Family members on the same router will have the same IP address.

The purpose of the rule is to catch people with multiple accounts on the same device I would think

• Pyrolight
    edited May 4
    Options
    1. Starting a new game, without doing the dance with King, would require one. The other is basically inactive but it is technically multiple accounts. This is very common for games.
    2. Say you are playing 1-500 to compare features across devices and even on the same device. It is much easier to make a new account than bother scrolling back.
    3. Depending on device a new player gets a default setup. This was normal on windows. Also you would lose any progress if you did not want to bang out 500 levels or so in a row and keep using it to check here and there.
    4. Going back does have one issue, you do not get streak and other effects. It is fine if you want to look at one board but not as good if you want to really test out playability.
    5. Near the end of the game and want to go from the start but play differently while not losing that game and you don't have multiple devices.
    6. Minor and likely fixed, but on the windows version your account would bleed over into any non account games. It actually could break the low levels. It was a "hoot".

It is exceptionally common to have a main account and an alt account for games. One is for playing seriously on, one if for mucking around.

Finally, disagreeing with my view of the world… you must work for King!!! :P

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?