Friends Challenge

Options

Comments

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 6,548 Level 5
    edited May 24
    Options

I decided on yet another self sacrifice and helped naciye again, this time using a party popper (29 gold wasted, but so what…. it's not real gold) on my third attempt. Just so I can catch the screen that I get when I pass:

"You're a true fool" would be more accurate.

Oh, and yes I also helped the other player with the cat picture. It was again level 15542 they made me play, so not the level they were actually stuck on (which would have been 15379). In this case, ten minutes later this player has moved up the map. So maybe I did help? When I looked before helping they were indeed on level 15379 on the map. Now they've moved up and finished the episode.

I wonder what tomorrow will bring. It's about the only excitement I get here on levels this high up….

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 14,538 Legend
    edited May 24
    Options

I'd really like to know if this another one of King's illusionary features.

I haven't got this feature yet @christinewupp but based on the screenshots I would definitely say it is a typical King feature.

For a start only people that can help their friends have posted, so I don't think the people being helped even know you have a request to help them. That is, where are the posts from the people that have the other side of this feature?

Also the information says choose a friend to help, play their level, if you win they will receive help

To me this means you aren't completing a level for that friend you are just completing a level in order to send that friend boosters to help them with their current level.

• christinewupp
    Options

Hi @Alienscar Yes, I do have this feature but I didn't see you in my game. I don't know who I've been playing against. I just lost the last round, against someone. I don't quite understand the event yet and wasn't paying much attention to be honest. I am trying to get to the 250 gold on the Top That event, so I've just been concentrating on getting lots of blues. (These early 7000s levels are great, so many with just four colours and 9x9 boards as well. I'm making 300+ on most levels)

This is how my event looks right now.

So what is it I'm supposed to achieve to win? Are we collecting wrap/stripe candy combos?

• Alienscar
    Options

Yes @christinewupp we are collecting wrapped/striped, but for me it is only from new levels. As this started in my game nearly two hours ago and there is a 30 minute time limit have you not received anything for beating me?

• Alienscar
    Options

Just checked @christinewupp you have won the exciting reward of seven gold tokens.

• christinewupp
    edited May 16
    Options

How did I do that? I had closed the game and now I've reopened, yes, here it is. I seem to have got the UFO as well. Next time I'll let you win it. If only I had known I was really playing against a friend! At least this event seems to be real.

• Alienscar
    Options

Next time I'll let you win it

I am not sure you have that kind of choice @christinewupp

When the feature appeared in my game you will see in my screenshot that your score was already there and I had to beat it.

• PyroIllumination
    PyroIllumination Posts: 64 Level 2
    Options

I don't have any friends so I don't see it :(

Jokes aside looks interesting, shame they destroyed a ton of peoples accounts at the same time.

• TPS23
    TPS23 Posts: 153 Level 2
    Options

I was focusing on Top That, so I clicked OK then totally forgot what I needed to do. Winning or losing was more like “uh oh, interesting! What have I done? 😄. Later today I just closed it when it popped up.

• jatz
    jatz Posts: 51 Level 2
    Options

I noticed this today when I signed on and thought, great, I am against my friend who plays on 4 different things to get her games out. She is way up high on level 15419 and I am stuck on 5446 for over a week. She has stacks of gems before I even knew this has started. All I can see is the friendship not lasting ha ha ha. I just wish there was a skip button so I could skip a really hard level that I just cannot get done. I don't mind spending time on a level for 3 days but more than that, I wonder why I play.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?