💡 Please only post ideas on how we can improve the game Candy Crush Saga!
🔎 Before posting, check our ideas guide HERE
🚨 Looking for help? Head over to our Support and FAQ:s

Build a Bot boosters available for previous levels

Options

Comments

• LilacMaya
    LilacMaya Posts: 6 Level 2
    Options

I just started a new thread having read the "not unexpected" announcement that they would not change to the old model. The changes to BuildABot have now lost so many players and until now I have never previously felt the need to comment on the game but with the confirmation that we can no longer use this to achieve three stars in levels already played and are penalised by only using it on future games alas my time is done.

I quit this game once before and now there is no incentive to play with increasingly lower moves, ongoing changes and a pay to play mentality that does not reward players, even those that may be the casual players noted who do occasionally spend a bit here and there (each to their own).

The decision on BuildA Bot that has been published King basically says tough luck to all the players, we will ignore your requests for game improvements and regardless how you feel we will ignore and improvements you suugest, or objections to recent changes which denegrate game play unless you spend money. I fyou do not sped King is telling us clearly that our opinion means nothing.

Very disappointed but I should have quit when I reached 3000. There is now no fun in playing any more if you continue to disregard our wishes as players as using it only on future levels means we can no longer improve scores and must now wait days to complete levels which is truly tedious.And am happy to say I have not played since this change was introduced and will not play again in the forseeable future. Best of luck to those that remain.

• JLJB
    JLJB Posts: 34 Level 2
    Options

@mercerik

Candy Crush is a game, not a life obstacle to overcome. If something in my life is worth climbing the mountain, I will climb it and hopefully succeed. On the other hand, if I suck at poker, I won't enjoy it, so I won't continue to play poker. Candy Crush used to be fun, challenging at times, but still fun. In its current format, the frustration level outweighs the enjoyment level and I have better things to do with my life.

• mercerik
    mercerik Posts: 3,617 Legend
    Options

@louiseT

OMG, Louise! I feel your pain. I am so sorry to hear that.

• annmarie00
    annmarie00 Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options

I’m so disappointed in how the game is going.  I am just going to delete now.  Very sad after so many fun years and just about to reach level 4000.:-(  I can see the frustration of people who are at the higher levels and I don't want that.

• mercerik
    Options

@JLJB

I said it is more like a Game of Life. I didn't say that this is a life's obstacle. In life, if you train yourself avoiding every difficult situations, then how will you survive?

We all can agree that we are now faced with extremely difficult levels. If you are used to beating levels with Boosters and Power-Ups, it is going to be a bumpy ride for you if you can't climb-up the Build-A-Bot Ladder. You will be spending more attempts in beating a level. Yes, it is absolutely frustrating. I've been there, done that. It is like playing Hangman but when I beat it, it gives me satisfaction knowing that it is doable. If you noticed, Build-A-Bot is not the only thing you have to worry about. The Evil Spawners (AKA Magic Mixers) are back. I like the sounds that I hear when I break each of them.

• mercerik
    Options

@annmarie00

I have been in your situation last week. If you need help in beating levels below and above 4000, just let me know. I am willing to help.

• LilacMaya
    LilacMaya Posts: 6 Level 2
    Options

Alas my last comment about effort vs satisfaction has been removed. Guess I should repost that the balance of effort vs satisfaction is what has changed. There was nothing offensive in my previous post and thanks to checking my ratings, since joining this platform to express my concern about changes, I can view I have more little badge things than I have comments on display - very auditable ;) Our effort to play has now diminished due to Kings ability to reduce our satisfaction in the game. They have made every effort to reduce the enjoyment by ignoring our comments and responses. In a directly proportional manner many have decided to say thanks to King and walk away to other more enjoyable games that present some fun and likelihood of satisfaction in achieving results in a game that doesnt rely on endless days and hours spent waiting for lucky boards. I would fully agree that the levels of frustration players are expressing are being completely ignored as we re not generating any cash nor revenue for them so we are no longer of value on their platform. We should accept that as it is their platform which they own and manage; so we play by their rules or we do not play at all. Perhaps in time if they wish to change the game it may be worth returning to, however the caveat to this is, until then there is no value in spending time on a model that is broken. There are many match up games out there now which are also tedious and only entertaining for a short period of time. Candy Crush was, on the whole, the exception to that model during the time it balanced player needs alongside ongoing development and the achievement of its financial goals. The balance this time has shifted too far for many, including myself, so I am happy for them to court those players that remain and seek revenue from the new players joining their games portfolio as I will be leaving space for them as I depart the servers.

• Bounce777
    Bounce777 Posts: 29 Level 2
    Options

Well that's me out then - As other players have mentioned above the game was a welcome destresser from life but with enough challenge to keep it interesting. My ulcer needs a break from reality not another dose which is just just prettier with colors and bells and whistles. It was fun while it lasted.

• Lauralyn
    Lauralyn Posts: 10 Level 2
    Options

Playing previous levels and achieving boosters was a flaw in the game? Well, that flaw certainly lasted a long time. I for one do not believe their explanation. Yup, ready to quit this game after being a loyal player for 5 years. Such a shame to destroy a fun, strategic thinking avenue of stress relief. Bah, humbug!

• Webbgirl49
    Webbgirl49 Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options

I know-I play this for fun and the fun factor is disappearing.

This discussion has been closed.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?