⚠️ Need help? Check our FAQ:s first HERE
📩 Email notifications Customise your experience in the forum! HERE

I no longer receive any lives from friends any more. Why?

Options

Answers

• Sukanta_Biswas
    Sukanta_Biswas Posts: 24,932 Candy Moderator
    Options
    @migwar

Follow the step below and let me know 👇
    On your computer, open Chrome.
    At the top right, click More More.
    Click More tools and then Clear browsing data.
    At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time.
    Next to "Cookies and other site data" and "Cached images and files," check the boxes.
    Click Clear data.
  • migwar
    migwar Posts: 8 Level 2
    Options
    So, yesterday I was able to wait long enough for the game to load on the Facebook platform and all the functions (including receipt of lives from friends) seemed to work.  I had not taken your advice, as I like to keep my browser history intact.  Game was very slow on the PC, but sometimes that works to my advantage.  Then, last night, when I tried to play game on my tablet, it seemed that the receipt of lives problem had transferred to THAT platform, and I cannot see lives that have accumulated, nor can I request lives from, or send lives to, friends when using the tablet.  A Facebook page pops up that says there is a problem that Facebook is "working on."  Same thing happened this morning.  Very strange.
  • migwar
    Options
    Well, today I read a notice from Facebook that confirmed that everyone (on the tablet platform, I suppose) is having the same problem with getting and sending lives from and to friends, so I guess FB really IS "working on it."  I also signed up directly with King and found myself starting back at Level 1, which was not such a bad thing, even though I am up in the 330s when signed on via Facebook.  Only drawback was having random cartoon character for my Profile pic for the game.  I could not figure out how to upload/download any of my Facebook photos onto my tablet so as to be able to use one for that Profile pic. (When playing via FB, my regular Profile pic is there on the game.)  Maybe if I sign on to King account from my PC, I will be able to change the Profile pic.  Anyway, while still on the tablet, I switched to playing the game via FB and was back in the 300s again and could not seem to get back to the King account.  Could not access extra lives in either account on the Tablet, so, if it's a FB problem, why is it affecting game when logged on via email/King account?   
  • migwar
    Options
    It seems that the glitch that was preventing lives from being given and received on FB platform on PC has been fixed.  However, there is a new glitch there: whenever the hanging candy dispensing machine (with the lever, I don't know what it's called) is on the screen, I can't get rid of it without re-booting the site, which is a royal pain b/c the game takes so long to load on my PC.)  This does not happen on my tablet, but has been happening for a few days on the PC, and the thing pops up at random times before a game is started, even when I haven't clicked on the icon that is supposed to trigger it (which I now avoid.)  Since the game loads quite fast on the tablet, this would not be so much of a problem there, but, of course, the glitch has not affected the game on the tablet.

New glitch:  I was unable to "spend" ten bars to continue a game, even though I had 27 bars supposedly available.  (This was on the PC, as well.)  Very discouraging when the game screws up like this.
  • njanj
    njanj Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options
    I play Candy Crush Jelly Saga on my desktop, and also on my Samsung Galaxy. I'm not on Facebook nor do I wish to be. I'm receiving lives on Samsung Galaxy, but not on the desktop computer. Why?

• Sukanta_Biswas
    Sukanta_Biswas Posts: 24,932 Candy Moderator
    Options
    njanj said:
    I play Candy Crush Jelly Saga on my desktop, and also on my Samsung Galaxy. I'm not on Facebook nor do I wish to be. I'm receiving lives on Samsung Galaxy, but not on the desktop computer. Why?

1. On your computer, open Chrome.
    2. At the top right, click More .
    3. Click More tools Clear browsing data.
    4. At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time.
    5. Next to "Cookies and other site data" and "Cached images and files," check the boxes.
    6. Click Clear data.

Update Google Chrome:
    1. On your computer, open Chrome.
    2. At the top right, click More .
    3. Click Update Google Chrome. Important: If you don't see this button, you're on the latest version.
    4. Click Relaunch.

If you're still not done, follow the step below..
    Reset the Google Chrome Web Browser to Default Settings
    1. Click the menu icon next to the address bar.
    2. Select Settings from the drop-down menu.
    3. Scroll to the bottom of the Settings page and click the Advanced link.
    4. Scroll to the bottom of the expanded page and click the Reset button.
    5. Click the Reset button in the pop-up window.

Check your game and let me know...

• njanj
    njanj Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options
    Thanks, I tried this - but no, still no lives (says "2", but when clicked, still nothing).
    Mind you - I did what you said in Chrome, which I have installed "just in case". I use Opera as my default browser.
  • currysunshine
    currysunshine Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options

I play candy crush soda on the app and haven’t been able to receive lives for a long time. Why? I send them everyday to my “friends”. Where are they?

• Diamond_Lim
    Diamond_Lim Posts: 151,846 Diamond Diaries Moderator
    Options

Hello again! Everyone! 👋

I just found great news about this issue, you can click here then you follow these steps of this issue that I hope this helps (Any Device) :

🍭 Have a nice and safety day! Sugar Crush! 🍭

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?