Helpful Tips to Get You Started

bearwithme
bearwithme Posts: 15,941 Candy Moderator
edited October 2021 in Discussions

Welcome to the Helpful Tips section of the Beginners Corner!

Candy Crush Saga is a very fun game and can even become addicting, but for beginners it might seem a bit intimidating and/or frustrating. Here are some basic tips to help you get started and have fun while you clear the levels.

1. Make sure you understand what the goal is for the level. Once you have completed the goal, you have finished that level and don't need to worry about any remaining candies etc. that are left on the board. Each level is color coded and the early levels are divided into four types:
    1. Gold - you need to get a certain amount of points
    2. Blue - you need to clear all the squares with Jelly on them
    3. Green - you need to collect the cherries and/or nuts to complete the level
    4. Pink (starting with level 126) - you need to collect specific items. Initially it is a certain amount of colored candies
  1. Try to clear blockers, especially in the middle of the board, as early as possible in order to open up your playing space so you have room to make special candies that will help you achieve the goal for that level.
  2. Speaking of blockers - some blockers can rapidly multiply like chocolate, or explode (like bombs) and stop your game, so make sure you keep an eye on them and keep them under control by making matches or combinations that will reduce or eliminate them. Remember - once a bomb counts down to zero the game is over.
  3. Try to create cascades. This will help rapidly collect candies, increase your score and eliminate or reduce blockers. Making matches and combos towards the bottom of the board will affect the candies above it and give you a better chance at creating a cascade.

Please check back in this section for additional tips in the future - where we will provide tips for specific situations including passing a hard /super hard/nightmarishly hard level.

You can also ask questions about the game in general in our "Ask Tiffi" Section and she will be glad to help you out.

Comments

• _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,682 Sweet Legend
    edited August 2019
    Here is a tip that might be helpful to players.

Pay attention to a striped candy because it will give you the direction that it will go, vertically or horizontally. 

Two very important tips! 
    1)  If you are playing the game on a mobile device please note that the lives and boosters are only saved on your device so that you can play the game offline.  This means that any crash in the game or operating system update can cause you to lose all lives and boosters.  Only the gold bars remain.  King suggests that you use the boosters as you win them.
    2)  Always make sure that you play the game through Facebook or the Kingdom because they will save your progress on their servers.  If have already started playing the game without logging in to either, my suggestion would be to create a King account and you can follow the steps here.  If you play the game on a computer you can follow the steps here.
  • _Elsa_
    edited August 2019
    Posting this helpful tip separate.  If you are playing an ingredient level and you have the coconut in your game, think about the direction that you want it to go in and swipe it that way.  For example, in the picture below if you want to create 3 striped candies going horizontally then you would swipe the coconut to go towards the right.   If you want a 3 stripe vertical then you would swipe it up or down.  Another hint, if you happen to have a wrapped candy next to the coconut if you include it in the swipe then it will create 3 wrapped candies instead of striped candies.

• chadwin
    chadwin Posts: 2 Newbie
    As a newbie free gold coins would ne great
  • mowie
    mowie Posts: 163 Level 3
    thanks for this it might help me out since right now i'm feeling pretty frazzled
  • Hi guys, Tiffi here!  I was just roaming through here and thought that I'd check out this message. 

@chadwin yes free gold coins would be super but are you entering the contests for a chance to win gold bars?  A contest was just released and you have a chance of winning 30 gold bars so check it out here.  So here is a good tip for you, make sure that you always check out the News, Contest & Special Events to make sure that you are participating in all active contests.

@borannrann669796, @mowie, and @daliadodo, thanks for visiting us and posting a message.  Here are some tips for you.  First please take advantage of the contests in the community.  Another good tip is to check out the Newbies, This message is for you to learn all that you can about the Candy Crush Saga community. 

Another helpful tip for all of you is this.  When you check out the newbies message, there is a message "Curious minds want to know" and they want to know how you found out about Candy Crush Saga.  Please add your message on how you found out about the game here.
  • bashfulqti
    bashfulqti Posts: 1 Newbie
    A friend introduced me to candy crush several years ago, and yes, I'm hooked. 
  • _Elsa_
    Hi @bashfulqti, welcome to our community and to the game! 

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?