Candy Crush Saga: changes in the score & points system

Options

Comments

• Nico2012
    Nico2012 Posts: 5 Level 2
    Options

Ok to simplify the scoring system with less unpredictable multipliers ... but the big problem is that many levels have objectives based on these multipliers, especially those regarding the combo colorbombs and candy bombs.

So you have to review almost all the 7800 levels to validate the required score.

I'm sorry to say that but if the goal is good ...the solution seems poor.

As an example, I could take level 6386 where I'm stuck. The firsts problems for this level have been reported at least 3 weeks ago, and not resolved yet.....

• Deryck
    Deryck Posts: 1,121 Level 5
    Options

@CandyCrushinator Are you daft? Seriously, numerous people have raised the same complaint, and you somehow overlooked it or fail to understand it.

Now, I get it. Based on what some players who are at the end of the map report, it seems moves levels haven't been used in quite some time. But for us players who are lower on the map, that's where the problem lies. For example, I was stuck on level 1816 because it required an objective of 250,000 points in 25 moves. Due to the color bombs not doing its usual points leap when activated on a candy bomb of the same color, passing the level was impossible.

Today, I opened the level and the objective has now been changed to (1 star) getting a score of 80,000 points in 35 moves. Ok, that's doable. Since King modified the scores, clearly it indicates they are not going to revert to how color bombs used to score when activated on a candy bomb of the same color. It instead indicates that (I'm guessing) they are modifying target scores to be more realistic, which is what I'd suggested weeks ago when I first saw the score mechanism change.

That's all us frustrated, stuck players were looking for in terms of explanation, and you didn't even mention it in your spiel. 🙄

• CandyCrushinator
    Options

Hi @Deryck ,

I'm sorry that you are upset but there's no need for name calling. I helped in the creation of a simulator to test all roughly 8000 levels with the new score configurations to ensure that they were all passable with the score changes using two different sources of score information. We then took that information and created special configurations with lower score targets for those levels based on those values. Which you've seen in the case of level 1816. We have thus far seen reports from 7 levels out of almost 8000 that have caused players issues and in most of the cases the issue was not that the proper values were not there but that somehow the player was able to get the latest score configuration but not the updated score target for the level they were stuck on.

That usually only occurs during a blood moon but turns out there was one recently and it mucked up the works. Kidding, it was usually a situation where the player was playing, downloaded the one update with strong internet and then somehow had spotty internet at the absolute wrong time or went offline or switched devices or any number of situations causing the score targets to not download properly.

Also, the color bomb and bomb issue was actually a bug that was created back when candy was migrated from Facebook to Mobile and it became a "feature" because players enjoyed getting massive amounts of points. Well the calculation for this was (3000*(number of bombs destroyed by color bomb ^2). I don't know about you, but I have a hard time calculating 3000*(12*12) to any degree of certainty at a glance (it's 432,000 says my calculator). So we've simplified it a bit but I'll let you see if you can figure out what it is now...remember it's a much more straightforward calculation based on what was crushed.

So as for not mentioning the issues players were running into before, I was explaining why the score system changed and not addressing particular issues that certain players were seeing. We believe that we've gotten the correct score targets to all of the players due to some forced downloads but we are still monitoring the situation and if you or anyone else finds themselves stuck then please let us know. They unfortunately aren't instant fixes because we have to first determine if it's just that player or if it's a wider range of players in order to fix things.

I hope that answers your questions and again, I'm actually a pretty nice person overall, or at least my 5 year old thinks I'm pretty cool so let's keep it fun and friendly please :-).

• CandyCrushinator
    Options

Hi @Nico2012 I have spoken with the operations team and they are investigating the level, what's the score target that you're seeing?

@NamTruong2001 the Candy Bomb was reduced from 3000 points to 500 points to keep it in line with the score earned from other objectives like cherries and jelly. We have adjusted the score targets to account for the change and if you run into any levels that this adjustment isn't working on then please let us know.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 15,585 Level 2
    edited October 2020
    Options

That's really bad issue but overall i'm not experiencing this issue myself, everything is fine and now i'm very happy about this change and i can collect so many sugar stars nowadays and also about the Color Bomb i didn't know that was an issue before but now when it turns into a feature i'm very happy for it!

Anyways i hope that the team can fix this score target issue and release this new change to everyone with a major update!

• GamingBuck
    GamingBuck Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

@CandyCrushinator : could you investigate level 1890? 180,000 points in 30 moves on that board is almost impossible now as it seems to rely on color bomb/candy bomb combos.

• Jenat
    Jenat Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options

It’s seems need to change update star scoring, because bomb scoring nerfed, like level 6412 it’s impossible get SS (sugar stars) until 5.000.000 and level 6415 it’s impossible get SS until 6.400.000! please fix next update

• Deryck
    Deryck Posts: 1,121 Level 5
    Options

CandyCrushinator wrote:

"Also, the color bomb and bomb issue was actually a bug that was created back when candy was migrated from Facebook to Mobile and it became a "feature" because players enjoyed getting massive amounts of points. "

O. M. G.

Not this again. 🤦‍♂️ First, the board shuffle ability was a "bug" that was never intended, yet it became a long-favorite fan feature for several years before King yanked it away.

Now, we're expected to believe the color bomb/candy bomb multiplier was a "bug" too? If that's the case, why were target scores set so high to begin with for the levels players ended up getting stuck on now that the score mechanism changed. Clearly, the original target scores factored in the multiplier because that was the only way to pass the level. And those levels were made years ago!

Why does King not want players getting massive amounts of points? That is the real question. 🤔

Anyway, beyond the color bomb/candy bomb matter, scores for jelly levels should also be adjusted because those also no longer rack up points the same as before (yields very low scores compared to before), meaning 2 or 3 stars, much less sugar stars is out of the question for most jelly levels - just my observation.

I'm almost glad work has me so busy cuz no way could I tolerate the nonsense going on with the game now.

• HM100
    HM100 Posts: 16 Level 2
    Options

Looks a good move. Though some levels need adjustment in accordance of this change.

• kimk87
    kimk87 Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options

When are levels being fixed? I’m on 3093, 20 moves to get 160000 points (mostly using time bombs) and even my best is just barely half that.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?