No internet connection

Options

Answers

• _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,687 Sweet Legend
    Options
    Hi @jenreed23, I haven't heard anything yet.  I tagged the Community Manager but he might be very busy.  Please try the troubleshooting that I wrote above and get back to me to let me know if you see a change.  He's going to ask you to try that first anyway so let's see what happens.
  • jenreed23
    jenreed23 Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options
    Thank you Elsa. Yes, I've checked all troubleshooting options besides uninstalling since I'm unable to back-up my progress. I've checked for updates and restarted my device several times. 
  • jenreed23
    Options
    My game isn't crashing, it just won't connect to the internet. I can play offline. It's been several days. 
  • _Elsa_
    Options
    Are you playing on a mobile device?  What model and what year?
  • jenreed23
    Options
    Yes, a Samsung Galaxy S9. I've been playing the game on it for about 8 months.
  • _Elsa_
    Options
    Hi @jenreed23, I am going to talk to the other Superstars to see if they have found this and how it got corrected.  I will get back to you or another Superstar will respond here to help you.
  • _Elsa_
    Options
    Hi @jenreed23, I just heard from 2 Superstars and they are both saying that it's not your phone.  Most probably it's Facebook not connecting.  Have you ever tried to play the game on your device with the Kingdom?  I don't use Facebook to log in and haven't for months with all the glitches.  Please let me know if you need steps on how to create a Kingdom account.
  • PummyRaj
    PummyRaj Posts: 32,834 Candy Moderator
    Options
    Hello @Llemica and @jenreed23,  Welcome to the King Community!

I am sorry to hear that you both are having the "Connection" issue in your game :(  I am guessing Candy Crush Soda is the only game that has this  issue and other games are working fine!!  Since you have tried everything that was suggested by our co-superstar @Elsa, all that left is "Deleting the App and Re-Installing it". 

I was having the same issue on my Android phone with Farm Heroes Saga till one week ago for about 2 months.  Like you both mentioned... I was able to play (off-line),  but was not able to collect Daily Bonus, Special events were not available and was not able to use Gold Bars.  I was hesitating to re-install the game as I will loose all those saved up boosters. 

But, I have decided to do it at the end because I was not enjoying the game at all!!!  Once, I deleted the App & re-installed it, the game is working fine with whole new look and updated version.  Even-though I lost all the boosters, I am enjoying the game fully now and I can gain the boosters with Daily Bonus and with special quests :):) 

That is the same reason, I would suggest you to do the same, so that you can enjoy the game again.  There is a new feature in Candy Soda called "Mr.Toffee's Fair", you might get that too if you didn't have it before!!  

But, final decision is yours.  This glitch is with our devices but not with King, hence they cannot do anything to fix it for us.

Hope you will be able to enjoy your game again!  Have a great day/evening :+1:
  • granpunkin
    granpunkin Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    I'm not able to connect with Facebook or kingdom on candy crush soda game the candy crush saga is just fine. It's been like that for almost the whole month
  • _Elsa_
    Options
    I just read a message here a while ago asking if anyone else is having Facebook issues and there is another thread with Candy Crush Saga showing up with pink blotches on it.  We are waiting to find out if they say that it's happening with Facebook.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?