Why is my contribution bar not updating?

Options
JustSerfin
JustSerfin Posts: 57 Level 2

Why is my contribution bar not updating? I get an indication that I got contributions & it “jumps” into the bar but it never expands to show the (new) status level! This has been going on for several months & no indication of why!

Furthermore, I had sent (email) messages to King [in-game] support multiple times but have never gotten a response!

Answers

• Yosca
    Yosca Posts: 15,154 Soda Moderator
    Options

Hello @JustSerfin So you’ve never seen prizes too when you reached a chest in Teams? Can you make a screenshot of your Teams? Do you see when you’ve passed a level points are transferred? How many levels do you pass? Also can you tell me on what device are you playing the game?

• JustSerfin
    Options

I have no idea what you are talking about regarding prizes for reaching a chest in Teams. I don’t play “Teams” so I have no idea what that means but I keep getting the status graphic but as you can see there is a “You” AND a “Teams” & there WAS a status to (at least) the model chest several months ago….than all of the sudden that disappeared & I keep getting contribution(s) “added” but that bar never increases (anymore) so it doesn’t make any sense to me.

I don’t play every day (but I log-in everyday & get the daily “rewards” which is when the issue happens) & I have been stuck in the same level for a while so I can’t answer that but it SEEMS like “points are transferred” when I get that screen. I am on an iPad Air.

• Yosca
    Yosca Posts: 15,154 Soda Moderator
    Options

The Daily Bonus is a reward you receive when you log in the game. It’s a timed booster and infinite lives for 30 minutes. I’ve never seen the pop-up you see saying ‘you collected your Daily Bonus’ and showing the chests bar (and I play on iPad too) 🤔. Daily Bonus has nothing to do with the chests.

You have the feature Teams, that means you can make a Team bij yourself and others can join your Team, or you can join a Team from someone else. Every time you pass a level, you make points and those points are added to Teams. Your goal is to reach the chests in a certain time and only then you receive a reward. If no one else is on your Team it will be hard to reach a chest. If you’re stuck on a level for days, you won’t see any change in the bar.

I hope this clarifies what Teams is, and how points are added to the chest bar.

• JustSerfin
    Options

That does NOT help me, Nox66.

First of all, I don’t - nor have I even - joined/played (in) “Teams” so how does that explain why I keep getting that/those screen(s) if/when there aren’t any (actual) contributions?

As far as a “Teams” icon, the only thing I have is the skull-like icon like the 1 seen in the 2nd screenshot in my original post that has the word “teams” under it like your fire-like icon (I can’t post a screenshot as I’m writing this on a Dell notebook computer & not my iPad [which I made the original post on]).

Aside from that, what if I do NOT want to play (in) Teams? Why do I have to (constantly) put up with that/those [completely useless] screen(s) that [basically] mean absolutely nothing (hence why I am so frustrated with what is [not] happening)?

Furthermore, you tell me to “Force close the game and any other apps / Check for any updates for your device and game app and install if there are any / Power off and leave off at least 10 seconds / Power back on / Ensure you have enough free memory storage. King Recommends 2 GB free for your device to run smoothly.” but I have automatic updates turned “on” so I should NEVER have to manually update….I have also been having data/storage issues for quite some time but can’t afford to buy a new iPad so there is absolutely nothing I ca do & I am screwed in that regard. How, exactly, does that really help me?

• JustSerfin
    Options

You miss the point, Yosca. I know the difference between the Daily Bonus & the Teams - the point is I get the (Teams) contribution screens AT THE SAME TIME that I log-in (daily) for the Daily Bonus. At no point whatsoever did I (ever) say they were the same, I had only posted screenshots about what I was asking about & indicated when I get them.

As I had said previously/above to Nox66, I have NEVER “joined” a team which makes this whole situation that much more bazaar when I am getting screens for something I had not “joined”. Furthermore, I had, IN FACT, had a status level (to at least the 2nd treasure) previously & several months ago that dropped to nil but I get those screens (nearly) every single day when I log-in tor the Daily Bonus….hence the issue of why I keep getting those screens when nothing happens. Therefore, nothing you said makes sense.

• Origins7_Dale
    Origins7_Dale Posts: 3,551 Pro Player 👑
    Options

Hi @JustSerfin @Yosca @Nix66, thx for tag,

Sorry for the delay group.

Ok, I am going to try to clear this up. From what I see & read here, it looks like your *Game Files have *Merged. In other words, you have *Corrupted game files.

Why, well you answered that here:

• King Recommends 2 GB free for your device to run smoothly.” but I have automatic updates turned “on” so I should NEVER have to manually update….I have also been having data/storage issues for quite some time but can’t afford to buy a new iPad so there is absolutely nothing I ca do & I am screwed in that regard. How, exactly, does that really help me?

You haven't given your *Device / iPad Air enough *Storage Room, so when you don't, either the program or the *Device starts either compressing things down, or gets rid of things to make room. Which is why both *Devices & Programs need room, in order to move things to their proper places.

Very easy to see, why there is confusion. You have the *Soda Squad Team Chest Image on top, why it is empty, or no filling in of the *Points Indicator Graph Bar in it, because you don't play teams. Underneath it is the message for the *Daily Bonus, on your 1st screenshot. So your game files have merged from two different *Bonus Games available to you.

Then you say:

• This has been going on for several months & no indication of why!

Well, that is another thing. The fact you let this go on, for so long, is another reason I believe your game files are *Corrupted. When things get messed up, it can included any backup system warnings you may have with it.

Finally, on this:

• Furthermore, I had sent (email) messages to King [in-game] support multiple times but have never gotten a response!

Did you answer the *Automated Reply you 1st got? If not, then no way for *King Support to know if you exist or are some bot.

Anyway, we are going to help you with some options.

No need to buy another iPad Air, can expand storage with a *External Wireless Media Hub. Or just use your PC. Why I don't use any other devices on gaming, to limited.

On the gaming files. Best you do a *Uninstall / Reinstall. This will cost you. However, I will show you how to get it all back.

• *See my post above. Has info on getting it all back, after a *Reinstall!

Trust this helps. Remember, have to keep things maintained, or they start falling apart. The formal name is the *Law of Entropy.

Thx For Posting & Welcome To The King Community - Origins7 Dale, 😀

4/1/2021

• JustSerfin
    Options

If the issue is because my iPad is “full” & therefore “corrupted”, why Arena I having issues with other apps? If my iPad was as “full” as people tell me it is I’d think I’d be having multiple other problems then just this....which makes that theory hard to believe.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    Options

Hello @JustSerfin your screenshots are indicated that you have a team feature. And since you don’t have team feature, I think the game is corrupted. I personally just ignore it all together. But if you want to fix, then you may have to uninstall and reinstall the game. The problem with that, you may lose all your hard earned boosters. Your choice. Good Luck!

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?