Game keeps crashing — King Community
🎃 Season October: Spooky Season! HERE
🍂 Team up in the Soda Autumn Games HERE

Game keeps crashing

Annesy25Annesy25 Posts: 2 Newbie

For a while now the game keeps crashing. It can happen following watching an ad, in the middle of a game or after winning a game. It registers the game is won but not any candies collected for rewards in the colour pass. Also if I’ve selected a booster and then the game tries to load and I get thrown out I lose the booster. No enjoyment in playing anymore as constantly loading and reloading the game. I’m on level 4218 so played for a long time. Also disappointed that if you lose a life you lose all levels of reward instead of just one like it used to be. It would also be good that whatever time you are given to play the game didn’t tick down if you can’t play straight for half an hour or more, should only tick down as you are logged in. I’ve tried the troubleshooting to try resolve the crashing issues and nothing changes. I’ve the latest iOS update on iPad and more than enough memory. My apps automatically update and clear the cache etc too. I see others have similar issues so please can it be sorted.

Answers

• Nix66Nix66 Posts: 16,204 Soda Moderator

Hi @Annesy25 and a warm welcome to our lovely and helpful Sodalicious Community!

By now you shouldn’t be experiencing any crashing issues. 🙃 The King servers are working fine.

Those who were unfortunately experiencing similar issues such as yourself did on occasion have to do the troubleshooting two or three times before their issues stopped.

Try this a few more times just to make sure👇

Manually install any updates for both your device and game app. Then clear the cache of your web browser and do this ⤵️

Open your Soda Game / Select Profile / Select Log Out / Close the app / Reopen the app / Log back in to your profile / Open the game.

As a last and final resort before completely quitting the game we love to play there is the option of uninstalling and reinstalling the Soda Game App. While this process normally fixes any issues just be aware that all boosters will probably be lost during the process since boosters are only stored on your device’s memory.

• Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?

• simplyPsimplyP Posts: 2,479 Level 4

That used to happened to me too. What solved for me is a new iPad 😁. If you already tried all troubleshooting then only option I see is to uninstall/reinstall the game. If you have lots of boosters, I recommend using back up feature thru iCloud. Check Apple site for more info.

• AnettebendtAnettebendt Posts: 1 Newbie

Geht mir genauso. Unzählige Male auch neu installiert. Ist offenbar ein Problem bei Ipad Spielern. Das Problem besteht bei mir, seit dem letzten Update. Alle anderen Spiele von King laufen ja einwandfrei. Liegt also nicht bei Apple. Und auf dem Handy (kein IPhone) geht es auch.

Nur mal zur Info für die Moderatoren.

• shawncoopershawncooper Posts: 0 Newbie

How do you get your turn to play for prizes or finish your game if the game blacks out or has glitches that will not let you continue.

• Lola_PopLola_Pop Posts: 8,893 Community Manager

Hello @shawncooper and welcome to the Community!

Can you please tell us more about the glitches you're experiencing, and the device you're playing on? You can also try out these steps HERE to make sure everything's up to date and optimized 🤗

@Yosca , @Nix66 and @Pitty_Kitty are our Soda Mods and will be glad to help you further 😊

Under those circumstances that you described @shawncooper the answer is you would not. That is unfortunate.

Did you follow the link provided by LolaPop?

Did it tell you to ensure that you have 2GB of free memory storage on your device in order for the game to operate smoothly? That’s what King recommends.

Did you try troubleshooting?👇

First install any updates for both your device and game app. Then clear the cache of your web browser and do this ⤵️

Open your Soda Game / Select Profile / Select Log Out / Close the app / Reopen the app / Log back in to your profile / Open the game.

• KalliopeKalliope Posts: 22 Level 2
    edited September 28

Last week i wrote that the game continued to crash taking my boosters and not giving credit for challenges completed etc… but i could still play. I followed the instruction i received from the community without improvement. I had hoped that the next update would clear this up.

now it keeps loading and taking my chef’s hat rewards and boosters…loading and crashing!!!!

for 2 hours i have attempted to fix this issue and still can not play at all. I even deleted the ap cleared cache etc onn and on and can not play.

Very disappointing and extremely frustrating!!! This is suppose to be fun not a headache. 

i have been playing since 2015. Now this?

why????

Hi there again @Kalliope. Some players are reporting having to do this👇

Clear the cache.

multiple times before their game finally operates smoothly again.

Perhaps that will be the case for you also. 🤗

• moo_moo_49moo_moo_49 Posts: 65 Level 2

I can not play diamonds and diaries on my computer i did before I did all that king comminute said do and nobody has fix it yeti play on my tablet and my phone but not on Facebook on pc can somebody get to fix it please