How do I get rid of Candy Crush Soda, Issues with Races and other Soda issues merged

Answers

• Shelleydale
    Shelleydale Posts: 111 Level 2

How did my phone game get " corrupted"?

I will not delete and reload it. I prefer to play on my laptop in any event.

I have answered your questions to the best of my ability. I just don't know the answers in some cases.

• Pitty_Kitty
    Pitty_Kitty Posts: 13,008 Soda Moderator

Hello @Shelleydale

It's not your phone that got corrupted. It's soda app that is malfuctioning and cannot be repaired and yours is not the only case. It happens to other players as well. It happened to me too, twice. I know how upsetting losing boosters is, believe me. But passing new levels and not being able to save them because of this problem is worse.

I asked community manager if there was a way not to make it happen but she was only able to tell me that the problem is still under investigation to this day, in all Game Studios, not just Soda's.

In the end, it is your choice to make ๐Ÿ‘๏ธ

• Pitty_Kitty

Well, it is problematic for me if we can't make sure how and where you play Soda.

I'll try one last attempt then, I'm sorry if I'm bothering you

Can you take screenshots of your computer screen when you play? in all the places you go to play, without cutting anything? So I can try to decide by myself.

If you don't know how to take a screenshot read here for more info

To upload the picture click this icon

If you'd rather not post your screen pictures publicly on this discussion, you can send them to me privately. Via private messages on this forum or email, whatever it works better for you. Just tell me how and I send you my email via private message (no email address can be posted publicly on the forum by the rules of the community)

Thank you

• Pitty_Kitty

Hello @Shelleydale

Currently there is a problem regarding friends on Facebook platform. Many FB players are affected but I don't know when it'll be fixed

To keep playing King games without Facebook, you can download the game apps for free, individually, on your mobile device or Windows 10 computer and then create your King account to keep playing.

To create a King account you simply need a email address and password.

You used to play on a computer, correct? In that case it is possible for you to link King account and Facebook account together so you can see all your progress once you log in to your new King account on Soda app.

I don't remember the exact type of devices you own, but we can figure out together if and how you can move to King account and play on Soda app. step by step ๐Ÿค—

• Shelleydale

I already play on a King account, and have no problem with it. I used to play on both. My progress is linked. Until a few days ago, my Facebook account gave me anonymous friends, which was fine. Now, however, I am seeing and getting lives from my regular friends list at the expense of getting those lives on my laptop ( Microsoft ). I dont want that to happen, since I do not get any games on Facebook, so any level achieved is wasted as far a points toward th Noble Path, or squares in Four in one> I'd rather just remove the Facebook game, which is what I asked about.

• Pitty_Kitty

Hello @Shelleydale

If Facebook account and King account are already linked, then it's great news. You can already stop playing on Facebook site and keep playing on Soda app downloaded from Microsoft Store (I understand you play on Soda app installed in your laptop, correct?). Your progress should sync and you should be able to find all your progress and play events.

If you log in to your King account on Soda app, you'll probably notice that all of your friends that were randomly allotted by King are now gone from your friends list. This is the known effect caused by the implementation of a new feature called Social Hub and all King account players went through it in the past months.

If Social Hub is available in your Soda app, the icon looks like this:

With Social Hub you'll have to manually rebuild your friends list again, I'm sorry. Random friends that were on your friends list before cannot be recovered.

For players who play on Soda app on Window computer, this is the easiest way to add new friends:

• you play events with random players in it. For example, episode race, weekly contest, "4 in a row", Soda team. You see their avatars and click on the pictures. A purple tab will appear. Click "add friend" green button. Then wait for your request to be accepted by the player. More infos and pictures here.

this is the situation for players who have a King account.

------

For players who solely use a Facebook account on Facebook site and/or Windows app, there is currently a problem regarding friends lists. But since this situation is very new and still under investigation/developement, I don't have further information nor suggestions to give you. the main support thread for that problem is here

-----

But if you use a King account on Soda app and Social Hub is available in your game, I should be able to help you get new friends on your friends list.

I hope this was clear and simple enough but if you need more clarifications, please ask ๐Ÿค—

• Shelleydale

The saga continues. Per your instructions from a while back, I deleted and reloaded my soda game on my Apple mobile, because it was " corrupted" and would not connect with the internet. ( NO there is nothing wrong with my internet connection ).

It successfully loaded, and linked my levels, and my four in a row with my Microsoft laptop game, which I have linked with the King community, not with Facebook.

At the exact same time as my reload, I now have no internet connection on my laptop( King ) . The message I receive is no internet. Try again later. My race is gone. I passed a level, and this is not recording on my mobile either.

PLEASE do not give me instructions on how to fix this that I do not understand. Bottom line, there is NO linking between the mobile game and the King laptop game so what good is that!

• Pitty_Kitty
    edited April 2022

Hello again @Shelleydale

Please take a screenshot of the problem you see

how to take a screenshot: https://www.take-a-screenshot.org/

After you captured your screen image, you can paste it on Paint program and save the picture as an image on your laptop

Upload the image from your laptop to this forum discussion. Click the icon circled in red that shows a mountain:

Thank you for your help ๐Ÿ™‚

• Pitty_Kitty
    edited April 2022

For future reference, I kindly ask you to post follow-up inquiries on the discussion you have already published and not open a new discussion from now on.

It's not easy for us moderators to assess situation everytime if pieces of this "saga" get lost along the way, unfortunately. I'll ask community manager if she can merge all your past discussions into one discussion so we can focus on one discussion only, moving forward and look back at all infos if we need them๐Ÿ‘๏ธ

This way if you have a problem or question you can revisit the same discussion from your forum personal account, explain the problem and then tag us moderators (me @Pitty_Kitty or @Yosca ) to come help you ๐Ÿ™‚. so whoever sees your notification and replies to you can have a look at past infos easily and not ask you the same questions again and again ๐Ÿค—

To tag simply type the @ simbol and select the username from the curtain. Like this:

Thank you

• Shelleydale

Pitty_Kitty; @ Yosca

I gather you are very frustrated with me, but not as much as I am frustrated.

I continue to have no internet connection. I have rebooted. I cannot log in on my profile, so if I cannot log in, how can I log out and " clear my cache".

I have spent two days advancing two levels on my laptop, and have gotten no credit on on my mobile ( which I don't enjoy playing on ). I should be first in my race, and qualified for the egg hunt. I also have completed the four in a row but got no credit for that either.

The instructions for fixing synchronization start by saying make sure you have an internet connection; which I dont.

I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?