How do I get rid of Candy Crush Soda, Issues with Races and other Soda issues merged

Shelleydale
Shelleydale Posts: 111 Level 2
edited April 2022 in Support

How do I get rid of this on Faacebook?

I am getting all my lives sent to Facebook instead of my laptop. On the other hand, I have no games on Facebook, like four in a row or the noble path, so I get no credit for levels completed.

Best Answer

• Pitty_Kitty
    Pitty_Kitty Posts: 13,008 Soda Moderator
    edited February 2022 Answer ✓

Let's start from your phone since the situation of what's going on seems clearer.

Do you see this error message when you visit your profile settings?

If yes, it means the game is corrupted. No rebooting will ever fix it. the only way to fix it is unistalling the app from your phone and reinstalling it again.

Boosters will be deleted. You have the option to ask for a refund only in case you bought items but you didn't use. Please ask if you'd like to know how

You'll be able to play normally again after.

Do you have any question about this?

Thank you

Answers

• Shelleydale

A new day, a new complaint:

Today, I was playing on Facebook, where I get no boosters, no gold bars,and no games (4in a Row, Noble Path, Races etc ) I am linked with my laptop in level of the race only, and sometimes that doesn't work either and I will have to repeat a level that I successfully completed on Facebook.

Today, I was on Facebook (really just practicing). When I switched over to my laptop, ( Microsoft ) I found that ten gold bars were missing ( 24-> 14) I did not request extra lives, either on Facebook or on my laptop. What is going on???

Also, I have been unable to play on my cell phone for upwards of a month. I keep getting " no connection to the internet " (I am connected to the internet in all other regards. I have rebooted and done all the other things recommended by your volunteer advisors to no avail ).

Am I the only one who has constant problems with this game?

• Yorben_Goeree
    Yorben_Goeree Posts: 3,877 Level 5

Hi and welcome 👍🏻😊

Please go to King support for you lost gold bars.

Thanks.

• Pitty_Kitty
    edited January 2022

Hello @Shelleydale

Let's see what we can do 🙂

1. We were told Soda is moving away from Facebook, that means we know for sure features don't work on app as they used to when players are connected to a Facebook account. It's possible that playing on browser via Facebook is affected the same way and you're seeing no extra feature. I'll ask for more infos on this. In the meantime and in case you haven't done it already, switching to King account is strongly advised in order to be able to play normally extra features and events. How to create a King account and sync it to your FB account here
    2. It's possible the game didn't sync properly when you switched from Facebook to w10 app. It'd explain the gold bars inconsistency and why you have to repeat a level for it to be registered as completed. Did you check whether your w10 app is showing a connection error in your profile settings? This could prevent normal connection to the server. Did you check troubleshooting on w10 app and on facebook platform? For troubleshooting on Facebook: check if your browser is updated and clear cache. Or try using a different browser.
    3. if the app on your phone shows a red band saying "there was a connection error, try again in a bit" and you tried this attempt to no avail then you might need to uninstall and reinstall Soda app as a last resort to return to a normal situation. With this type of ongoing error your game is offline: you can't save your progress or use gold bars and extra features. You can't contact Player Support directly from app to ask them to look into it. You'll be able to retrieve your progress, up to the point the game was able to go online and save your progress. Unfortunately, you'll lose all your boosters after uninstalling. King offers a replacement for purchased items that weren't used. Read here.

• As always, remember you can contact Player Support from here for further assistance 🙂
  • Shelleydale

I play Candy Crush Soda on my Laptop (Chrome) and on Facebook.

They are synced only in so far as level of play is concerned. I have no team, no boosters, and no games (four in a row, Kimmy fishing game, Kimmy Arcade, Noble Path etc.) on Facebook. I also have no friends to share lives - I do not have any Facebook friends who are the least bit interested in playing the game. My friends on my laptop are obtained from the Social Hub

.I have told you about this before several times, but never had any response or suggestions as to what to do.

In the past two weeks, I have developed a new problem. Now I am getting multiple 'nameless' lives on Facebook and messages about people joining my team who do not appear on any list either on Laptop or Facebook.

This would not bother me overly much, if it were not for the fact that I am now not being given any lives from my friend list on my laptop, where, of course they are much more valuable in playing games which in turn make it a lot easier for me to advance.

I will tell you, that there are two teams that have the same name (Gentle Swans) . They probably have different numbers. A long time ago, I seem to have switched from one to another.

I can't tell you how frustrating it is to achieve a row, or advance on a noble path on Facebook, and get no credit.

C'mon Guys. FIX THIS!!!

• Pitty_Kitty
    edited February 2022

Hello again @Shelleydale

I did give you an answer here but you never replied back to ask for more explanations or give more details and I assumed it was ok. So is your Soda game working ok on your phone now? 🙂

The facebook situation has not changed since then. Soda is moving away from Facebook. For the best gaming experience, the windows 10 app or mobile app are to be preferred especially if you log in to a King account and not Facebook account.

If you wish to continue playing with Facebook you're absolutely free but some features may not appear or work correctly.

So far I understand you play on 2 platforms. Can you be more specific please?

• Do you use a King account or Facebook account?
    • Do you play on windows 10 app?
    • What is the latest update version of Soda app you have?
    • Do you play on chrome browser? on king.com?
    • What is the make and model of your laptop?
    • What is the version of your software (OS) of your laptop?

• Did you check for updates for the browser you use when you play on Facebook ?
    • Did you clear the cache of your browser?
    • Did you try a different browser?
    • Is your team set to public and not by invites only? Is this why people join randomly?

• Shelleydale

I did not answer you because, without meaning to be rude, I do not understand any of your questions or your instructions. I am older, without children to explain the finer points of computers to me!.

I use a King Community Account.

No, my mobile phone has not worked for at least one month. It continues to say that I do not have an internet connection. I have internet connections to everything else on my phone, so I assume it is some kind of problem on your end. I have given up playing on my phone.

My Laptop is a brand new HP Envy with Windows 10 .I did not download to Windows 11. I have heard that it has problems. I play, however, on Chrome which I downloaded because I prefer it to Windows. It is up to date. I do not know what 'clearing caches ' means.

I also do not know how to tell what version of Soda App means, nor how to tell what version I have.

I play Facebook on Windows and actually updated the browser yesterday. The problem preceded the update . There has been no change since updating.

I do not know if my team is set to public or private. I have had the same team on Chrome/ King which I selected myself. No new names appear unless I invite them and they accept using the Social Hub. People say that they have joined the team, but their names never appear on my team list, and they do not contribute to the team activities .

I have answered what I can.

Shelley

• Pitty_Kitty
    edited February 2022

Hello @Shelleydale

You're not being rude at all, don't worry. If you don't understand something I say, please do ask for a better explanation. I'll try to rephrase it better. I can give you directions on how to find informations that you don't/can't know but they help me understand your situation better. This way, we can be both on the same page and move on from there, step by step.

If we aren't able to communicate, I can't understand how and where you play Soda specifically and I can't give you specific solutions to try. I can't help you get your game fixed. Which righfully frustrates you.

• Pitty_Kitty
    edited February 2022 Answer ✓

Let's start from your phone since the situation of what's going on seems clearer.

Do you see this error message when you visit your profile settings?

If yes, it means the game is corrupted. No rebooting will ever fix it. the only way to fix it is unistalling the app from your phone and reinstalling it again.

Boosters will be deleted. You have the option to ask for a refund only in case you bought items but you didn't use. Please ask if you'd like to know how

You'll be able to play normally again after.

Do you have any question about this?

Thank you

• Pitty_Kitty
    edited February 2022

I use a King Community Account.

Ok. To be clear, does this mean that no Facebook credentials are used to save your game progress?

My Laptop is a brand new HP Envy with Windows 10 .I did not download to Windows 11. I have heard that it has problems. I play, however, on Chrome which I downloaded because I prefer it to Windows. It is up to date. I do not know what 'clearing caches ' means.

I don't understand parts of this paragraph. So I kindly ask you to give me more details

Having windows 10 and not 11 is totally fine. Just make sure your windows 10 gets its updates as usual.

I had windows 10 and I have updated to windows 11 but since nothing has changed in the gaming department, I'm still familiar with the gaming background we're dealing with.

And I can tell you there are 2 ways to play Soda:

1. open Chrome browser and play on king.com with your King account (email+password)
    2. open Candy Crush Soda app that you downloaded from Microsoft Store. And play on Candy Crush Soda app with your King account. (Email+ password). Microsoft Store is a pre-existent app in Windows 10, in case you don't know.

what is your situation? Because I'm confused when you said you "downloaded Chrome" because you preferred it over to Windows. Do you mean "Chrome" as a "browser"?

Thank you!

• Shelleydale

I do not use facebook credentials to save my game progress.

I open the game on my Chrome browser and use King Community. I get confused as to whether i am using chrome or Windows 10 because my passwords are no longer required to play. I do not know whether they are stored on Microsoft or google.

I perform all updates on Windows when instructed. I don't recall doing any Chrome updates because I dont recall any being offered to date. My Laptop is only one month old.

I never downloaded the game from the Microsoft store. On my old computer it was preloaded on Microsoft, as you said. I believe that I downloaded it from the Google play store.

None of this in any way answers my questions about linking Facebook and My laptop re boosters, and games

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?