link my facebook and king account

how to link my facebook and king account

Answers

• SassaFrass88
    SassaFrass88 Posts: 4 Newbie

There are no button or link to "Settings", therefore there is no option to select "Score and Progression Sync"...WHERE??? It's literally only "Edit Profile" and that's IT.

• SassaFrass88
    SassaFrass88 Posts: 4 Newbie

I try that and it won't log in, it says my email or password is incorrect which is NOT true, as I'm logged in here in the Community, but once I go directly to the game (https: // www.king.com/ game/ candycrushsoda [without the spaces]) it will not recognize my log in!

• Vicky_Renee
    Vicky_Renee Posts: 12 Level 2
  • Nadia1770
    Nadia1770 Posts: 851 Level 5

Is this option discontinued?

• Pitty_Kitty
    Pitty_Kitty Posts: 12,704 Soda Moderator
    edited January 2023

Hi all and welcome to Soda community!

No, the option to link King account and Facebook account has not been discontinued. I just checked 🙂

However one must be careful as King account (account to save progress) is not the same as King Community account (account to post comments in here). They're two separate accounts so login credentials are not interchangeable.

When you visit www.king.com on PC/laptop devices, don't click on "community" button which is at the right top. It will not take you to King account settings but here in the community instead.

How to log in to your King account in www.king.com (you must have already created the account on Soda app):

First click "games" at the top left (n°1 in picture) and then "log in" at the top right (n°2 in picture). then enter your King account credentials and not Community account credentials (n°3 in picture).

Once you log in to your King account select "settings" (n°4 in picture) you'll be able to change password, avatar picture and sync FB and King account if they're not already linked. The linking can happen only once and cannot be undone to link an account with a different account if one is hacked/lost

In www.king.com you can have access to your King account only if you've already created it. Which means you should launch Soda app first and create a King account IF you don't have one already. It's not possible to create a King account on www.king.com site anymore after they took the games down from that platform.

If you don't do this step and mistakenly select "community" button and then create an account, this account will be a community account to post comments only, so when you think you're trying to log in to your game account, the system will say " incorrect password and email address" because that's not a King account associated to any gameplay.

Unfortunately it's easy to make this mistake as it's not very clear where you're logging in to your King account and community account on www.king.com

• Vicky_Renee

I tried exactly what you said, but I had forgotten my password so I clicked on recover password.

The email from King to reset password came too late.

I've tried 4 times now.

• Pitty_Kitty
    Pitty_Kitty Posts: 12,704 Soda Moderator
    edited January 2023

Hi.

So I understand you do have the email from King to recover your password? did you recover it?

Can you describe the problem you're having exactly? Are you trying to link Facebook account and King account? Which device do you use to play Soda?

Because the only context we have is this old discussion thread with missing information since comments from a previous moderator answering to original commenter have been removed.

thanks

• Vicky_Renee

As of yesterday my Pyramid Solitaire app will no longer open up. It comes on, then immediately crashes and shuts off. I've restarted my phone, cleared cache and forced stopped the app and still not working.

I came on here in hopes to save my progress.

After reading you have to use a computer and not a phone I'm trying to do it at work.

I am logged in here through my phone (I guess my phone remembered my password) but I don't remember my password so I cannot log in with my work PC.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?