Game is in the wrong language (English) on Facebook

Options

Answers

• Xarly
    Xarly Posts: 2,509 Community Manager
    Options
    Hey all,

We are still working on this. We have been working on fixes and implementing it on different games and we are still in conversations with Facebook about this. Please, refrain from using any language that is not English when reporting it to us (as English is the only language we support here in the Community). In the meanwhile, please remember you can play our games from king.com  as well, where you will be able to link to your Facebook account and play in the language of your choice.

With any update, I will come to keep you all posted. Sorry for all the inconveniences.

Cheers,
    Xarly
  • _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,687 Sweet Legend
    Options
    @Xarly, I am seeing this happening in CC Saga too.  I am telling them that if it's on a mobile device, don't they just go into those settings and change the country?  I was told, same like you wrote above, that they are looking into it but someone wrote here during the weekend saying that they weren't on mobile and it happened to them too.
  • PaulDixon
    PaulDixon Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options
    My wife plays Candy Crush in Brazilian Portuguese, and all of a sudden the language has changed to English. How can we put it back to Portuguese? People in other threads have suggested clicking on the last line, but there is no last line except for what looks like a gear cog, and what looks like an envelope, as well as copyright information. There is nowhere at all to make the change. Please help.
  • Barni
    Barni Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    handy , tablet in deutsch
  • Xarly
    Xarly Posts: 2,509 Community Manager
    Options
    Hey everyone,

Indeed, this is only happening when playing on your PC and on Facebook. The issue is connected to the transfer of information between Facebook and us, regarding language in this case.

Again, and especially regarding @Barni 's message, you need to speak English here. You can read all the guidelines of our community forum here.

That said, and to answer your point @PaulDixon, while playing on Facebook there is indeed no other way. The best option is to play via our website (king.com). You can link your account from Facebook to our website and it will maintain your level, lives and gold bars.

This will be a temporary solution while we keep working together with Facebook to fix this.

Once more, sorry for the inconveniences.

Cheers,
    Xarly
  • cavanthof
    cavanthof Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    Hi, this evening my language is Netherlands again!!
  • _Elsa_
    Options
    That’s great!  Thanks for letting me know.
  • ladyrainbow
    ladyrainbow Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Hello @Xarly! I hace the same issue. I can't change the language on the mobile app. My dad has his Facebook in Chinese but CC would appear only in English. What can I do to resolve the problem?
  • Dala622
    Dala622 Posts: 7 Level 2
    Options
    After I update the apps yesterday, all of a sudden the language changed to simplified chinese but I would like to have English back, please help how to set it back to Englihs
  • _Elsa_
    Options
    Hi @ladyrainbow and @Dala622, where are you playing the game?  Mobile?  You have to go into your settings and you should see language there.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?