Sticky hands costing me moves

Options
BeckyBubblegum
BeckyBubblegum Posts: 536 Level 5
edited February 2019 in Support
Lately when I've been playing and go to use a sticky hand it has been counting against my move count. I've also had instances where I use a sticky hand to switch a chocolate ball with another candy and the chocolate ball goes off unintentionally. Is this a known issue or should I contact the support team?

Comments

• exiugirl
    exiugirl Posts: 38 Level 2
    Options
    I have the same issues occasionally.  Especially the one where the ball goes off when switched.  
    Apparently it is becoming an issue which needs to be addressed.   
  • Joseph45
    Joseph45 Posts: 1,582 Level 5
    Options
    This must be a slight technical glitch that the game is having. I have too noticed this! I will notify a CM to see if this a known issue. Have a wonderful evening! 
  • Xarly
    Xarly Posts: 2,509 Community Manager
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Hi everyone!

One thing to know about Soda is that, unlike other Candy Games, here if you use the switch booster with a colour bomb and a normal candy, it will not swap them. Instead, it will consider it a move and will give you back your booster (and explode the bomb as if it was a move).

As of now, this is the indeed the current behaviour in such a scenario, but I think it's worth having a discussion with the studio around it, since I can understand why it's leading to confusion to you guys. All feedback around it is appreciated, as it makes my conversation with them richer and easier. We care about you guys, so do not hesitate to share your thoughts around this!

Cheers,
    Xarly
  • exiugirl
    Options
    But Why?
    Seriously - why on earth would they do this.  If you desire a switch - and you make sure you hit the hand switch icon - why would you expect the color bomb to explode? If they don’t want to allow a color bomb to be switched - just DONT LET IT HAPPEN. .  I don’t know how many times I have wanted to kick myself thinking that I must have not touched the hand switch icon properly before I made the move. 
    Needless to say this unexpected behavior can cost you the chance to pass the level on a first try - something important to everyone but especially those of us on an extremely long Rainbow Road streak. 
    As usual, thank you for addressing this issue quickly and asking for our feedback.  I believe most people would rather have the move not allowed than to make it and blow up the board unexpectedly.  But at least now we know just not to do it and that is helpful. 
  • BeckyBubblegum
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Xarly said:
    One thing to know about Soda is that, unlike other Candy Games, here if you use the switch booster with a colour bomb and a normal candy, it will not swap them. Instead, it will consider it a move and will give you back your booster (and explode the bomb as if it was a move).
    I was actually referring to the chocolate ball. Normally when there is a chocolate ball on my game board and I go to use a switch hand to move the chocolate ball beside another candy, such as a fish or a stripped candy, the chocolate ball will move over one space without a hitch. I can then combine that chocolate ball with the desired candy beside it. Lately though, the chocolate ball is exploding immediately after I swap it, even though there is no logical explanation for it doing so. Am I simply not allowed to swap chocolate balls anymore?
  • Xarly
    Xarly Posts: 2,509 Community Manager
    Options
    Oh, my bad - I misunderstood!

That sounds like a possible new issue that we might not be aware of. Can you perhaps get a video of the situation? Or if you can send me the level that it's happening I can look at it and see if I can reproduce the issue and, if so, forward it to the studio.

Cheers!
    Xarly
  • exiugirl
    Options
    And I agree with BeckyBubblegum.  I meant that my problem was with the chocolate ball exploding but I mistakenly called it a color bomb.  
  • BeckyBubblegum
    Options
    I can sure try to catch it on video, but it might be a bit hard considering it happens at random. At the very least I should be able to write down which levels it occurs on. If I do manage to get it on video I will try to post it up.

Thanks all for the support!
  • Yaz_Milani
    Yaz_Milani Posts: 204 Level 3
    edited February 2019
    Options
    I have previously had the same problem.. I also complained about it and sent pics and a video. Now what I do is actually select the “normal” candy and the I select the coloured chocolate ...so far so good! 
  • BeckyBubblegum
    edited July 2019
    Options
    I thought I should share that the other day I spent 14 gold bars on a switch-hand booster to switch my coloring-candy with a plain candy, only I forgot to use it on the plain candy first so the booster went off and I lost my level. I still find it ridiculous that this is considered normal behavior, so I've started a new thread in the Ideas section to try and eliminate this situation altogether: https://community.king.com/en/candy-crush-soda-saga/discussion/262157/improve-switch-hand-mechanics 
    Please vote if you want to save your boosters!

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?