New feature - Mr Toffee's Fair!

Options

Comments

• LauraLMason
    LauraLMason Posts: 411 Level 4
    Options
    As much as I like CCS there is another non King game I play that is very generous with boosters. You get either a booster or coins daily and there are frequently contests you can choose to participate in to win more boosters/coins. Extra moves cost a decent number of coins but it's not too hard to earn them back. So far, levels are challenging but not impossible! Like Rainbow road, you are often rewarded for passing levels on first attempt. Until some of our issues  with Soda are worked out and Quests are revived I will be spending more time there.
  • AngeliquevanG
    AngeliquevanG Posts: 42 Level 2
    Options
    What’s the name of this game? 
  • LizzyLemondrop
    LizzyLemondrop Posts: 805 Level 5
    Options
    I myself haven't had Mr. Toffee's Fair in my game. Was it not released publicly as planned?
  • Yosca
    Yosca Posts: 15,100 Soda Moderator
    Options
  • Anne_Martin
    Anne_Martin Posts: 299 Level 4
    Options
    that too, to give Mr Stupid to half of the players and not to the others, it is not acceptable.
    I know I don't enjoy playing anymore. I play a couple of games a day, just not to lose the free half hour,  but no pleasure.
    still don't have Mr Whatever.
  • yvonneschoenrock
    yvonneschoenrock Posts: 29 Level 2
    Options
    Who on earth would want mr. Stupid ??? 
  • yvonneschoenrock
    yvonneschoenrock Posts: 29 Level 2
    Options
    Dispite all the bad reviews of which there are 100 %, I cannot believe there is any one of any intelligence out there that would wish they had this ????? People what is wrong with you ???
  • LauraLMason
    LauraLMason Posts: 411 Level 4
    edited March 2019
    Options

[Edited by CM: No redirecting people to other sites, as per our Community Guidelines] It involves restoring a run down hotel and it's surroundings. By passing certain levels you get to restore various features. It's also animated and has a storyline. It may sound silly but I like it a lot more than I thought I would. Started playing a few months ago. Not to get off the topic here, but that's the summary.
  • Xarly
    Xarly Posts: 2,509 Community Manager
    Options

Hi everyone,

I hope you all had a good weekend. I wanted to answer some points that I've seen you make during these last days:
    Remember, we aren't the only  group with complaints. Look across facebook and the app review on Google and you will find plenty of bad reviews of Mr Toffee. In fact, not 1 positive! This should be a good representation of how the majority of players feel. Ditch or majorly improve Toffee or bring back original Quests.
    This is something we take into account, hence why I ask for patience. We look at all platforms that players give us feedback on. Although Community is one of the main ones, we look at our Help Center, at Social Media and at the app reviews as you mention. We then compile all of it along with the data we have on the feature's performance and with all of that information we act as we see fit.
    mstroop1 said:
    I’m replying to all the comments about “phantom” teammates or “bots” in the awful Mr. Toffee’s Fair. I am not a phantom. I am a real player, playing every day and doing my best to complete something. I have no boosters and no way to get any and have been stuck on the same level for days. So, give your teammates a break, they may be trying just as hard as you are. 

My complaint is the same as all the others. The reward doesn’t come close to matching the effort. In my case, my team and I even completed a row but got NOTHING! But like stupid little sheep we kept trying, but have not been able to complete another. I absolutely hate this feature! Quests were reasonable and depended only on your own effort. Please bring them back!!
    tmwallace said:
    Some of the tiles require that you use boosters to pass that task. For instance, use 4 striped lollipop hammers. I have 2 striped lollipop hammers. So I would have to buy the boosters to earn maybe 1 booster. So now you have to spend money to get boosters so you can pass a task and you may or may not complete that row. It depends on your teammates and the reward is small if you do get something. Last row completed I got just 1 wrapped candy. I agree with everybody else -- Mr Toffee's Fair needs to go and Quests need to come back!
    I just wanted to quote these two to thank you both for such well put pieces of feedback. I thought it would be good for everyone to highlight examples of constructive feedback that, although it is obviously stating that it's not a liked feature at the moment, it provides us with examples and a better understanding as to why, while remaining respectful and polite.

Later today we will be sitting down and discussing this topic, so I'm hoping to be back tomorrow with updates regarding this. Again, we appreciate the time you take to let us know what your thoughts are. I want to also mention that speaking about other games is not allowed in this forum, as mentioned in our Community Guidelines (and as it's common in game forums).

Cheers,
    Xarly
  • Bricorn
    Bricorn Posts: 518 Level 3
    Options
    Thank you for this Xarly, I'll await more feedback tomorrow.

Personally, I think that Toffee is fundamentally a bad idea, but I can see that tweaks could help;
    1. Bin teams, let us work alone,
    2. No tiles that take more boosters to complete than you can gain by finishing a row.
    3. Let us complete as many tiles as we can manage in a day.
    4. .......?

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?