Disappearing Events & Extra features on W10! FIXED!

Options

Answers

• sharkeymw
    sharkeymw Posts: 367 Level 3
    edited March 2020
    Options

I'm beginning to have a strong feeling that the missing features are now using a method or function call from a dll that is tied to the facebook app and that's why they're no longer working. I'm hoping more will respond and maybe we can send the studio looking in the right direction for a fix.

Something Wendy asked me in a PM spurred a more specific question for those in the studio attempting to fix this. Since the features that are missing don't show up when you play the game from 'offline', do those features use something in the FB dll to determine 'online presence'? I know the game overall doesn't, since we could play bubblegum hill despite the missing features.

• LizzyLemondrop
    LizzyLemondrop Posts: 805 Level 5
    edited March 2020
    Options

Because you inquired @sharkeymw, I play CCSS on a Windows 10 laptop, and can access it through Facebook on my laptop as well. For some reason I can sometimes see Mr. Toffee's fair on Facebook, but no other special features. Also, the syncing is really weird because although my place on the map is correct on Facebook and the map is correct there as well, my amount of Boosters are way off. For example: through my Windows 10 app I have 26 Fish in the game, but on Facebook I only have 6.

• sharkeymw
    Options

@LizzyLemondrop do you use your laptop in 'app' mode or desktop mode? And yes, that does sound like a Sync issue -- almost like it's treating your facebook as a different device -- since someone said that boosters are saved by device .. though I don't know that for sure from my own experience, since I only use the one device to play.

• roniborga
    roniborga Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

I lost my weekly race, soda squad, Mr toffee's fair, episode race, and Kimmy's arcade. Had weekly and arcade still about 12:00 am est then disappeared. Tried logging out and back in but still have no events as of 1:27 am est.

• Yosca
    Yosca Posts: 15,123 Soda Moderator
    Options

I want to share this with you guys. There was another issue with a level and a member just reported that was solved because there was an update.

(QUOTE: Ok, just got update a few mins ago. It corrected the glitch on Level 4467, also got back, "Race for 5 Gold Bars", "Weekly Contest" along with "Soda Squad"! The update is listed as: v1.163.500.0 under recent activity in the MS Store. It's 5:11AM PST here in USA, on 3/5/2020)

Can you check if you have an update?

• LizzyLemondrop
    edited March 2020
    Options

Thanks @Yosca, that's some encouraging news! Unfortunately, I just checked my own MS store and there is currently no update for CCSS ๐Ÿ˜† I'll be looking out for it though!

Sorry @sharkeymw, I forgot to answer that part! I always play in desktop mode, as I honestly wasn't aware that app mode was an option.

• Graeme_London
    Graeme_London Posts: 96 Level 3
    Options

@Yosca thanks letting us all know, checked my Microsoft store update was there, can confirm game working now with all features after update

• sharkeymw
    Options

Thanks for the info @Yosca and @LizzyLemondrop

I fired up my laptop to check to see if there was an update, and the store showed the 'play' .. so while I was looking for the version number, I got a popup saying that CCSS had just been updated.

After starting it, it appears that everything is back -- I even got rewards for finishing first one of the contests and a reward from mr. toffee's as things loaded. Yay!! I still don't have the arcade (at least as best as I can tell, but the rest seems to be working. Assuming things are right, I'll be going back in and updating my review in the store now it's been fixed, but it appears they've fixed it, despite the lack of any official 'feedback' here.

• LizzyLemondrop
    edited March 2020
    Options

Update: just re-opened up my laptop and now I did get the update :) Fingers crossed, but I'll let you know whether it fixed the issue or not!

Update 2: It worked! ๐Ÿ˜ I think my Soda Team might be broken though; there are no numbers on the three chests and the bar does not appear to be moving. I'll have to see if it budges by tomorrow.

• BeckyBubblegum
    BeckyBubblegum Posts: 536 Level 5
    Options

This is amazing news! Thank you, @Yosca for giving us all the heads up. I just went to check for updates and it alerted me that I had one in the queue. ๐Ÿ˜

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?