Disappearing Events & Extra features on W10! FIXED!

Dgrub1982
Dgrub1982 Posts: 2 Newbie
edited March 2020 in Support
No, the event timer has not run out. Yes, I tried logging out and logging back in. What is going on with these events?? It is baffling to me, that most of the time there are no events at all. This makes the game boring and tedious. With no way to win anything, I could be stuck on a level for days. Where's the fun in that?! I watch as many ads as I can to earn a boost or extra moves, thereby earning you ad revenue, so there's no way I'm going to spend actual money buying things in the shop.

Then, when I do get an event, they seem to appear all at once. Why not stagger them so there's always something going on?!

Finally, more often than not, the events seem to get messed up somehow. My episode race has abruptly disappeared. So has my soda squad. I keep getting a pop up saying I have until whatever time on Sunday to win gold bars with my individual soda squad points, but my soda squad is gone. No gold bars for me?

I see in the announcement thread that it says you will end an event early if there are technical glitches. I can accept the occasional glitch, but this happens every. single. time. I get events. You're a tech company. Why can't you present these events without constant glitches?? One would think you'd want people to actually enjoy playing the game.

Best Answers

• QueenB
    QueenB Posts: 13,660 Community Manager
    Answer ✓

Thank you all for reporting the missing extra features while playing through the Windows 10 App!

So far we haven't been able to reproduce this issue so we could really use some extra details such as the Game App Version installed and screenshots of the game map so we can see that features are missing.

To find Game App version on Windows 10:

1. How to find Open the Store and sign in with the account you use to play the game.
    2. In the search box, type the name of the game. For example, type Microsoft Solitaire Collection in the search box.
    3. On the game detail page, the button will show Open if you have the latest version. If it shows Update, select it to update your game.

Thanks for your collaboration 🙏

• QueenB
    QueenB Posts: 13,660 Community Manager
    edited February 2020 Answer ✓

Thank you all for providing the details that we needed.

I've reported this to the studio and waiting to hear back. Once I have news, I'll update you all and in the meantime, you can play on Facebook or through a mobile device.

Now some of you would like to get the missing rewards and unfortunately, in the Community do have access to add missing items to your game, this is something Player Supports have to do.

However, feel free to get intouch with Player Support and you can do by selecting the "Contact Us" button below:

You can also contact directly from the Windows 10 app (this way support will have all the details needed to help), all you need to do is:

- Open the game app

- Tap on the? mark

- Tap on Events & Challenges  - select the event in question 

- Scroll down to the bottom and hit "Contact Us"

Apologies for the inconvenience caused and thanks for your patience while we look into this 😉

• BeckyBubblegum
    BeckyBubblegum Posts: 536 Level 5
    edited March 2020 Answer ✓

@dimore, please check which app version you are currently using. This is what you should see when you search under downloads and updates in the Microsoft Store:

If you are still having problems after successfully installing the new update, shut off your computer for 20-30 seconds, then restart and launch the game app. If you are still experience problems, please post a screenshot like the one I posted above so we can confirm you are using version 1.163.500.0.

Thank you, and good luck! 🙂

Answers

• Dgrub1982
    Dgrub1982 Posts: 2 Newbie
    No comment from support? Of course not 😂😂😂
  • crkeeler
    crkeeler Posts: 1 Newbie
    Where are my Boosters, Race to finish, weekly leader board, Tiles? Candy Crush soda auto logged out.  Once I reconnected all of my I game competitions and my saved boosters were all 
    Missing. How can I get these back? 
  • PummyRaj
    PummyRaj Posts: 32,242 Candy Moderator
    Hello @crkeeler, Hearty Welcome to our friendly King Community :) 

I am very sorry to hear about the issue in your game!!  

1) Did you have to reinstall your game App for any reason?  If so, loosing boosters would be the side-affect of that :o  

2) With regards to the special features -->  Sometimes, they will pop-out again after we play couple of levels!  Not sure about the reason, but may be it is like those features need time to "reset" & "reboot"!!  Just my guess... but, whenever this happens to me, I just play few levels and then check back the home screen, to find that everything is back to normal!!  But, sometimes, it will take few hours for the events to pop-up, which could be server issue or internet issue!!  

Hope this made sense and clarifies about the features!  Please post back and let me know about the boosters.  It you tap on "Type your Comment" box located below, you will be able to write back.  

Talk to you soon!  Have a great rest of the weekend =)
  • crkeeler
    crkeeler Posts: 1 Newbie
    No.  I did not uninstall the app.  I played for a little this morning and all was fine.  Went to play this evening and I had been logged out. I signed back in and all of my boosters (and the other features) were gone.  
  • ohbabe65
    ohbabe65 Posts: 1 Newbie
    I have not reinstalled or logged out and all mine are gone. Been that way for several days
  • PummyRaj
    Hello @crkeeler, and a Warm Welcome to @ohbabe65

I am very sorry to hear that you have lost the boosters without reinstalling your game!!

Unfortunately, the Community Team won't be able to take care of this issue!  You will have to contact the "Player Support Team" and send a request / complaint about missing boosters.  Below is the link and steps to contact the Support team::

Link to contact Player Support Team --->: https://soporto.king.com/contact 

** While filling out, enter the TOPIC as "Problems with my Game" ---> and the SUB-TOPIC as "Missing Items"  ---> Explain briefly about the issue and Submit  the form.  NOTE:  Along with above details, make sure to enter the Game Name correctly!

After sending the complaint, you will be receiving an automated email as acknowledgement.  If you have not heard from them within 3 days, send a reply to that automated email you have received. 

** IF you have anything else to add and/or further questions, please type your reply in the blank dialogue box located below.

Hoping for the Best! Have a great rest of the day/evening and a wonderful week ahead 🌸

• chris25nc
    chris25nc Posts: 5 Level 2
    I have the same problem for 2 days now, contacted the game support and still no reply, I think they are having major issues and don't want to have to compensate the players for missing items
  • PummyRaj
    Hello @chris25nc, Hearty Welcome to our friendly King Community  :) 

I am sorry to hear about the issue in our game! 

Did you loose boosters from your game due to reinstalling the App OR by updating the App OR changing your device? 
    342 Posts: 48 Level 2
    edited February 2020
    Andy 342 (**Edit by CM: removed personal info**),     02/21/20
      I am playing candy crush soda on Windows 10.  I have lost  the piggy bank, soda squad, and Mr toffee.  Also the wrong back drop screen is being displayed.  
    Thank you for your help.
  • christalf1970
    christalf1970 Posts: 1 Newbie
    I'm having the same issue.  Looking to see if here is an update that I can do to fix it.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?