🔥 Hot Right Now 🌶
💎 Claim your level milestone badges:
1000 // 2000 // 3000 // 4000 //

My game is crashing (31.10.2022)- Solved!

Options

Comments

• IcePrincess9999
    IcePrincess9999 Posts: 8 Level 2
    Options

😓Hi Diamond Lim:

Thank you for the information. I have an iPad Pro 5th generation and went to the Apple app store and Installed the fix you listed above, (version 1.58.1).

The iPad only lets me Offload or Delete and app. There is no option to "clear data".  Also, I am a senior and had no idea I had to backup my data. Thus, there are four years worth to save! If I can't get into the app, then I can't back it up now as far as I can tell.

I off-loaded the prior version, installed the latest, then restarted the iPad. I did this multiple times but the fix did not work. The game still fails to completely load. It stops at "Searching for diamonds".

Since other people on the discussion board are also still having the problem after the fix, then I can't agree this issue is "solved." Please work with the developers to ensure it's fixed.

{User since: August 9, 2018}

Submitted: Thursday, November 3, 2022@ 11/03/22 4:32 PM, Eastern USA

• Diamond_Lim
    Diamond_Lim Posts: 154,160 Diamond Diaries Moderator
    Options

Okay! Thank you for your answering again. Let me asking Community Team for this crashing issue on Apple Device then waiting for their answer soon/later.

• Diamond_Lim
    Options

Hello again! 👋

As you said "The iPad only lets you Offload or Delete the app", Yes! How about you Delete the app first then reinstall this game then Community Team and I hope you can open and play this game! 😉

• IcePrincess9999
    Options

Hi Diamond Lim:

Thank you for responding so quickly. For me and other Apple (iPad) users, to delete all our hard earned Gold Bars and Boosters is an extreme option only to be taken as a last resort. For me it's over 600 Gold Bars and over 40 of each of the three types of boosters.  I earned most of these the winning each game, one by one, since there weren't any contests until recently.

The other issue is many other gamers on this forum stated they did give up all their data and re-install the current version, but that didn't fix the problem. This means they lost all their data for nothing.

Again, it is very disturbing that there were no Apple app changes between the evening of October 30, 2022 and morning of October 31, 2022, yet, the game simply started crashing for all users. I can't tell from the online comments if this is only the Apple users but the version I have on my Android phone was and is working fine.

It would be much appreciated if King could fix the problem while preserving the existing data for all users with this problem.

Thank you again.

{User since: August 9, 2018}

Submitted: Thursday, November 4, 2022@ 8:09 AM, Eastern USA

• Diamond_Lim
    Options

Thank you for your answering again.

You click on "Contact Us" then you ask a problem that I hope how they can help and answer you but it taken longer. 😉

• IcePrincess9999
    Options

Hi Diamond_Lim,

I completed the form on the Contact Us page and got an Email four hours later. Unfortunately, I only got a canned response. Thus, a week later and I still don't have a resolution for the game continuing to crash. And, that applies to all the other users in the Community in the same situation.

Are you able to make contact with them and report that Apple users are still having problems? I would appreciate it if you did.

For you reference, this is all the Email said:

---- Begin ----

Get the answers to your burning questions in our Help Center, which is jam-packed with useful articles: https://community.king.com/en/blog/kb

Or you can head over to our Community, where your fellow players are just a click away, waiting to lend a hand! https://community.king.com/en/

---- End ----

Thank you.

Submitted: Monday, November 7, 2022@ 8:09 pM, Eastern USA

• Diamond_Lim
    Options
  • Lola_Pop
    Lola_Pop Posts: 12,032 Community Manager
    Options

Hello @IcePrincess9999!

There is no way to get the fix to your game if you don't reinstall it, I'm afraid.

Gold Bars and levels will be there after the reinstallation (please make sure you're playing on a King or Facebook account), Boosters might be lost. Some Apple users store them in their cloud, and that way they can get them back into their game. However, this can vary from device to device and we cannot guarantee it works- it could be worth trying nonetheless!

Thanks, @Diamond_Lim , for reporting it!

• IcePrincess9999
    Options

Hello all,

I contacted the community moderator and King Support multiple times. They claim there is no fix and I have to delete four years worth of data and start from scratch.

If you've played this game before all the Contests, you know the 600 Gold Bars I earned involved a lot of blood, sweat, and tears. Losing all my is NOT an option.

Here's my info:

Device: iPad Pro, 5th generation; IOS version: 15.7.1

Did I Offload and Re-install the latest version of DD? Yes, 7 times and it is still crashing.

Where does it crash?: Right after is says " Searching for diamonds…"

Do I have the data backed up? No. The app crashed before I could back it up anywhere.

Am I willing to Delete the app and lose 600 Gold bars and all my boosters because King won't fix it? No.

If your Apple app is still crashing, please report it. I am a developer. There is no good reason they can't fix it and keep all the users' data too.

Thank you,

• Diamond_Lim
    Options

Hello again! @IcePrincess9999 👋

As Lola Pop the Community Manager has answered you already :

There is no way to get the fix to your game if you don't reinstall it, we are afraid.

Gold Bars and levels will be there after the reinstallation (please make sure you're playing on a King or Facebook account), Boosters might be lost. Some Apple users store them in their cloud, and that way they can get them back into their game. However, this can vary from device to device and we cannot guarantee it works- it could be worth trying nonetheless!

Hope you can understanding and thanks again.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?