(ENDED)👉🏻International Mothers day 👩‍👦 Share a story and earn a🌹badge

Options

Comments

• LaLuna03
    LaLuna03 Posts: 7,020 Level 5
    Options

I don't really like to talk much about my Mom. She wasn't like a mom that everyone would wish to have. She was mentally unstable and finally killed herself on alcohol when she was 39 yrs old ( I was 14 back then ), but despite all of that I always love her and miss her, specially on Mother's Day and Christmas.

• EnergizerBunny
    EnergizerBunny Posts: 3,016 Level 5
    edited May 6
    Options

It is hard to pick a special moment with my mom. My mom is no longer with us. Spending time with my mom was always memorable. More so as we both got older. Miss her everyday. A mother can never be replaced😭

• BQN537
    BQN537 Posts: 25,115 Pro Player 👑
    Options

I don’t have any special moments with my mother.She was just a really close friend as far as I’m concerned.She died 27 years ago and I still miss her every day ❤️

• Amoonmoon
    Amoonmoon Posts: 19,764 Level 5
    Options

It is nice to dedicate days to mothers, even though the plural of days is my mother. To this day, she still takes care of us, fearing for our approach.

It is love, security, and tenderness, in short, it is life ❤👩🏼‍🍼🤰🏼

I love you Mom ❤

In all languages ​​of the world 🌏❤

• SApple2
    SApple2 Posts: 2,559 Level 4
    Options

Thank you @Lady_Choo 🙂

Special memories of my Mom were when she would open the door to those in need. Through her generous heart and kindness, I have learned empathy towards what other people go through in their lives.

There was a time when she took in a distant widowed relative of my Dad and took care of her until she passed away. There were other non-relative who stayed with us until they find their own footing.

Observance of love and kindness shaped the person that I am.

• Nico_G
    Nico_G Posts: 5,360 Level 5
    Options

My mother has always been very present for me. She is so kind and truly loving in life as well as she always takes care of me 🥰❤️🤗

• SabrinaM
    SabrinaM Posts: 2,606 Level 5
    Options

It is impossible to express my gratitude for the profound influence my mother has had in my life.
    Through his actions and guidance, he showed me the very essence of integrity, courage, and kindness.
    The sacrifices she made and the love she poured out on me are the treasures that I keep close to my heart and that have made me the woman and mother I am today.
    Even if my love is no longer with me
    For her, it transcends time and circumstance and is forever ♥️🌹

• Bellamy32
    Bellamy32 Posts: 2,340 Level 5
    Options

My mother is the strongest woman I know. She raised me and my brother on her own and made sure we had a happy and safe childhood. She let us learn from our own mistakes and never shamed us for wanting to grow and nourish into healthy, loving and strong adults.

• Racoon7
    Racoon7 Posts: 16,387 Pro Player 👑
    Options

Thank you @Lady_Choo for the tag 🤗 I love the badge, can't wait to grow her 😍

This is a bit hard for me as I had a troubled childhood.

My mother figure was my Aunt.

My Mum, Dad, brother, Gran, Aunt and step-grandfather all lived in the same property.

Mum, Dad and Gran where always busy on the farm, especially during Winter lambing season.

My Aunt was crippled by polio at a young age, she worked to her full capacity in the family shop and what she could do on the farm.

She is my love and inspiration. Her devotion, strength, love, stability and indominatable spirit has inspired me throughout my life.

One of my best memories is Boxing Day. My Aunt always saved her stocking until then. Our stockings would be the good old fashioned brown ones with runs in 😂 and we always re-use old Christmas paper (no Sellotape!) She would always let my brother and I open these for her, me in later years because I loved doing this with her. I spent time helping her with our Church, fetes, fundraising, etc. I loved making Christmas Crackers, helping on stalls and folding raffle tickets. It meant a lot to me to be recognised as a helpful, polite and kind child on stalls and have interaction with people.

She gave my brother and I unconditional love and understand 24/7. She was a true Christian - selfless and always helping others, a strong church goer every Sunday, raising money for charity, totally grounded even when she was dying of Ovarian Cancer. She was so organised and in acceptance.

Her favourite flower is Lily Of the Valley, I grow pots of it. Is is magical.

Her Birthday is May 1st (a Pagan Day for us, as it is Obby Oss Day cross the Estuary) This was the day I wanted to get married, to honour my dear Aunt and our Pagan roots, with full Cornish tartans and language.

The day started misty but turned out to be a beautiful sunny day with drums beating across the water.

I laid a special posy of flowers on my dear Auntie's grave after the Wedding service with my Father before leaving the Church 💜All my love Auntie Doris, you live now in my heart as you did when I was blessed with you here 💜You will never be gone, thank you so much 💜

• moe75
    moe75 Posts: 5,520 Level 5
    Options

My Aunt took the responsibility of being my mother. She was always very loving and supportive.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?