Farm Heroes Saga game looks different on Facebook? NEW HTML5 version!

Options

Comments

• JeffHardy
    JeffHardy Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    I play on my mobile.
  • zipperbaker
    zipperbaker Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options
    I hate this new format! I feel like I am playing a juvenile game. Please go back to original.
  • Lady_Choo
    Lady_Choo Posts: 24,456 Pet Rescue Moderator
    edited August 2019
    Options

@bspf the game has not been changed for the studio's own amusement. If you were to google "flash ending in 2020" you might get a sense that it is not just farm heroes that is having to make the change. Its not a whim or to annoy us. to be put simply, Flash is ending. No more Flash games. It will not be supported on ANY browser from 2020. Adobe are withdrawing their support completely and windows will not be using it either. It will not be available anywhere. Adobe say 17% only of games use it, what browsers and windows will tell you is that it has too many flaws leaving it vulnerable to being exploited (viruses and hacking) so its better off gone. It also means less flash crashes which drive me crazy, I cannot wait!
    A lot of King games have already switched. Its not a case of easily switching to a new format. It takes a lot of recoding, a lot of work and its like starting from scratch in some cases. I know another high flash using game has quit completely. Much to the horror of people who spent thousands of pounds. They have bought out a second version of that game, but it would take 4 years to recode all their items to move to the new version that's non flash. 

Farm heroes could have the option of switching to mobile only, but they haven't. And html5 means we might see other exciting things happening as well. Who knows what they have planned. Facebook users have always been at the back of the line for anything as its easier on mobile. (They don't use flash there) so please, leave your opinion, the more helpful comments, the more the studio can learn what is working and isn't :)
  • Lady_Choo
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Just a little reminder to give us as much information as you can, including what you like/don't like, what works, doesn't work and which browser you are using, thank you :D 
  • Lady_Choo
    Options
    Hi @BetsyC do you mean the boosters as in a shovel every 6 hours etc?
    I suspect that there are going to be things that are not working which is why the studio will need the feedback but I am sure  they will be back :)
  • Lady_Choo
    Options

Just a little more info, The game has not been changed for the studio's own amusement. If you were to google "flash ending in 2020" you might get a sense that it is not just farm heroes that is having to make the change. Its not a whim or to annoy us. to be put simply, Flash is ending. No more Flash games. It will not be supported on ANY browser from 2020. Adobe are withdrawing their support completely and windows will not be using it either. It will not be available anywhere. Adobe say 17% only of games use it, what browsers and windows will tell you is that it has too many flaws leaving it vulnerable to being exploited (viruses and hacking) so its better off gone. It also means less flash crashes which drive me crazy, I cannot wait!
    A lot of King games have already switched. Its not a case of easily switching to a new format. It takes a lot of recoding, a lot of work and its like starting from scratch in some cases. I know another high flash using game has quit completely. Much to the horror of people who spent thousands of pounds. They have bought out a second version of that game, but it would take 4 years to recode all their items to move to the new version that's non flash. 

Farm heroes could have the option of switching to mobile only, but they haven't. And html5 means we might see other exciting things happening as well. Who knows what they have planned. Facebook users have always been at the back of the line for anything as its easier on mobile. (They don't use flash there) so please, leave your opinion, the more helpful comments, the more the studio can learn what is working and isn't 
  • lindaiwagner88
    lindaiwagner88 Posts: 8 Level 2
    Options
    Why not make this statement before upsetting users If there is a good reason for change it's always more acceptable 
  • BetsyC
    BetsyC Posts: 10 Level 2
    Options
    I've discovered the game works better on Firefox - I had been using Safari previously.  At least with Firefox, I'm accumulating boosters again.  I also discovered USING the boosters works differently.  I wasted one because it didn't work the way I thought it did.  I'll have to figure it out the next time I try to use one, I guess. 
  • Otter2
    Otter2 Posts: 6 Level 2
    Options
    Hi @Chicken_Slayer

You have posted the link to this conversation - not a feedback link?  Or am I missing something?

Thanks

• Otter2
    Otter2 Posts: 6 Level 2
    Options
    @Chicken_Slayer
    It was me!  

I found the thread. . . . . .

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?