🏆 Claim your level milestone badges:
1000 // 2000 // 3000 // 4000 // 5000 // 6000 // 7000
👯‍♀️Find your Team HERE!

Trivia Central!

Comments

• SeraphicStar
    SeraphicStar Posts: 4,536 Legend
    edited March 2019
    Hello fellow Candy Crushers! SeraphicStar here and today I wanted to share some interesting trivia about one of my favorite kinds of art... Fractal Art! 😆

Okay so as probably many of you know Fractal Art is generated through algorithms, but lets dive a bit deeper into this shall we? 🤔

Fractal Art was developed in around the mid-1980's and is the result of algorithmic calculations that result in still images, animations, and other types of various media. These images are rarely drawn by hand especially in the western world, but instead are created by the use of "fractal-generating" software. In some cases additional graphical editing software is used to further modify these images to create a desired ending result. 🤓

Phew! Now that a bit of explanation has been done how about we gaze upon some delicious fractal creations ourselves?  :3

Here are a few examples for your perusal, enjoy!

• firebombmarkus
    firebombmarkus Posts: 13,110 Sweet Legend
    Thanks for sharing @SeraphicStar It's beautiful and complex, especially the first one. I am a big fan of mandalas since they are a part of Buddhism. They are so empowering and calming and they represent the circle of life - everything is beginning from the center and it ends up there, too. Here is one beautiful mandala for all of you 🤗

• Alansmart
    Alansmart Posts: 1,302 Level 5
    Fans of fractal geometric application should check out an artist Alex grey and his chapel of sacred mirrors.. I think you would enjoy the visual plethora 🕉
  • _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,635 Sweet Legend
    Would you believe I finally made it back here and read all the messages?  I've been busy between helping the players here, creating a website for my ex and updating a website for my old job.  You guys crack me up with these facts.  Not sure when I'll be back but I will try to come back more often.
  • firebombmarkus
    You are always welcome 😊 @Elsa
  • _Elsa_
    It's just finding the time to read more and more and more!  Now I have to go look for some trivia for you guys.
  • SeraphicStar
    SeraphicStar Posts: 4,536 Legend
    Yes @Elsa Yes! I'd LOVE to see some juicy trivia from you! I'm waiting eagerly in anticipation for some delicious factual statements! :chuffed:
  • _Elsa_
    edited March 2019
    It will have to wait because it’s time to make lunch.
  • mysticalmysty
    mysticalmysty Posts: 30,398 Crushing Legend
    edited March 2019
    In Bali they celebrate New Year Day  with silent. I know it sounds crazy but it is, the day when the whole island shut down, which mean no activity, no work not even electricity, everyone just meditating, you will get fine if you get caught being outside of your house. This day called Nyepi. I don’t know if I can say I was lucky to experienced these when I was living there ?. Bali also has they own calendar it called Pawukon and has only 210 days, according to this calendar each year is divided by 6 months and every month has 35 days. 
  • firebombmarkus
    Thanks for sharing these magnificent facts with us @mysticalmysty I don't find it crazy. Silence is something we all should practice more. Being aligned with your inner self. I am so happy that you could experience something like that 🙏🏻 And it just gave me an idea that I could practice the same, not on New Year's day, but maybe I should choose another day and apply it every year. Although, when I was in China, I had a lot of silent moments with myself and I really miss that. Can't wait to go abroad again and organize my life the way I want.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?