🔥 Hot right Now! 🌶
🏆 Claim your level milestone badges:
1000 // 2000 // 3000 // 4000 // 5000 // 6000 // 7000
👯‍♀️Find your Team HERE!

Trivia Central!

Comments

• MiaChristine
    MiaChristine Posts: 3,325 Legend

Twins Days Festival in Twinsburg, Ohio is the world’s largest annual gathering of twins. Held on the first weekend of August, this event has taken place every summer since 1976.

Officials estimate 2,000 sets of twins appear every year. Twins from around the world participate in a parade appropriately named the Double-take Parade, which has been nationally televised. Other activities include entertainment, fireworks and contests.

I work in the town of Twinsburg and know a few parents of twins who attend every year, what a great way to celebrate their 👯 twins.

• SeraphicStar
    SeraphicStar Posts: 4,536 Legend

Wow @MiaChristine now that's some very juicy trivia! 😀

I had no idea there was that large of a gathering of twins, or that it was a nationally televised event with a parade to boot! 😳

Thank you for sharing this "delicious" trivia morsel @MiaChristine ! 😁

• firebombmarkus
    firebombmarkus Posts: 13,110 Sweet Legend

Thanks for sharing @MiaChristine I should take my brother sometimes and go there lol

• MiaChristine
    MiaChristine Posts: 3,325 Legend
    edited March 2019

That would be so fun @firebombmarkus having a twin is so fantastic. Oh and if you need any fun clothing I met the owner (also a twin) of this cool twinning clothing store on polyvore it’s located in Los Angeles and available on line at twinningstore dot com... they have some fun and fresh hats and T’s

• firebombmarkus
    firebombmarkus Posts: 13,110 Sweet Legend

Nice! Thank you but I am too far away for that kind of adventure now. It might happen eventually though, life is unpredictable 😊 @MiaChristine

• mysticalmysty
    mysticalmysty Posts: 30,398 Crushing Legend
    edited April 2019

Rafflesia is a genus of parasitic flowering plant with approximately 28 species found in Southeast Asia, mainly in Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand and Philippine. The word’s largest and stinkiest flower with diameter over 3 ft and 8 ft tall also known as Corpse Flower. The red color and texture contribute the illusion of a piece of meat. Rafflesia is a state flower of Sabah, Malaysia as well as for the Surat Thani province in Thailand.

• SeraphicStar
    edited April 2019

Wow mysticalmysty those flowers are massive (and quite pretty too! 😍)

Thank you for sharing this sweet trivia I never knew there were flowers that had textures like pieces of meat! 😳

P.S. Keep that sweet trivia coming guys and I will try to think of some more cool stuff to share neat trivia on 😆

• SeraphicStar

Okay fellow Trivia Lovers, SeraphicStar here, and I've got some juicy new trivia regarding another fairly common element in our world.... Rocks! 💎

Okay so as some of you may know most rocks can be split into three main types or classifications. Those three are known as sedimentary, metamorphic, and igneous. Each of these differ primarily in how they are formed, so lets dive in shall we? 😃

The first type we will go over are Sedimentary rocks. Sedimentary rocks are formed from particles of sand, shells, pebbles, and other fragments of material. Together, all these particles are called sediment. Gradually, the sediment accumulates in layers, and over a long period of time hardens into rock. Generally, sedimentary rock is fairly soft and may break apart or crumble easily. You can often see sand, pebbles, or stones in the rock, and it is usually the only type that contains fossils. A prime example of a sedimentary rock is Limestone 🤔

Okay lets move onto the Metamorphic rock classification! Metamorphic rocks are formed under the surface of the earth from the metamorphosis (change) that occurs due to intense heat and pressure (squeezing). The rocks that result from these processes often have ribbonlike layers and may have shiny crystals, formed by minerals growing slowly over time, on their surface. An example of this type of rock is Marble 😉

Finally we are at the last, but certainly not least rock classification known as igneous! Igneous rocks are formed when magma (molten rock deep within the earth) cools and hardens. Sometimes the magma cools inside the earth, and other times it erupts onto the surface from volcanoes (in this case, it is called lava). When lava cools very quickly, no crystals form and the rock looks shiny and glasslike. Sometimes gas bubbles are trapped in the rock during the cooling process, leaving tiny holes and spaces in the rock. A few examples of this rock type are Basalt and Obsidian ☺

I hope you guys enjoyed this exploration into rock trivia, and I hope you guys have a crushtastic day!

P.S. Here is another who enjoys rocks! 😯

• mysticalmysty
    mysticalmysty Posts: 30,398 Crushing Legend
    edited April 2019

Most of you probably already know this, but I still find it interesting. Whenever I feel bored I always searching for some fun random trivia about anything to read. And by just typing ‘ I’m feeling curious ‘ on google search it always gives you all kind of random fun trivia...

• wafercookieflippers
    wafercookieflippers Posts: 4,637 Legend

@mysticalmysty I didn’t know that you could do that! I wish I could give you all three “insightful” “sweet” and “hehe” because this little tidbit is so cool! 😃

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?