1000 // 2000 // 3000 // 4000 // 5000 // 6000 // 7000
👯‍♀️Find your Team HERE!

Need help with Daily Quests? Let’s share our best levels! ♥️🐳

Options

Comments

• Uncle_Bob
    Uncle_Bob Posts: 162 Level 3
    Options

Level 1 of the current “Free Octopuses” challenge is ideal for making Coloring Candies , or for destroying 20 of those pink licorice sticks or tiles:

It’s pretty easy, so you should be able to repeat it as necessary to satisfy a Daily Quest for either Coloring Candies or pink licorice sticks/tiles. Tifi is available for some of the other special levels in case you need to make lots of fish, but those levels are harder to complete successfully.

• Uncle_Bob
    Options

My 3 Daily Quests were (1) to destroy 40 mints, (2) match 550 orange candies, and (3) match 500 red candies using the Rabbit helper:

Looking as my records for past levels, I found Level 4394 involves three screens, which requires matching LOTS of candies, offered Rabbit as one of the 3 available helpers, included orange candies as one of the candy colors to be matched, and offered 21 mints that could be destroyed. So playing Level 4394 allowed my to progress in ALL THREE DAILY QUESTS AT THE SAME TIME! The screen shot above was after 5 tries at level 4394, and I had completed destroying the 40 mints , and was close to matching 550 prange candies and 500 red candies with the Rabbit.

Finishing the final two Quests took another 2 attempts, but to satisfy all 3 Daily Quests with 7 lives was an efficient way to do so.

• actipton80
    actipton80 Posts: 426 Level 3
    Options

I'm not happy about the changes made to level 1856. It is no longer the color bomb gold mine it used to be.

• Uncle_Bob
    Options

@actipton80 Thank you! I have always wondered if the CCFS programmers were going back to change things in previous levels! Sorry to ask for details, but I don’t have any records that far back and it would be almost impossible for me to backtrack there, so I would ask you for more details about the changes:

(1) Are the changes in any way structural changes to the playing grid, or are the changes just changes in the probability of outcomes like the frequency of getting Color Bombs created or dropped down in the grid?

(2) If it is only changes in the probability of getting a Color Bomb, have you continued to play Level 1856 enough times to see if the lower probability of Color Bombs stays stable, or if it seems to return to being a “gold mine” for Color Bombs after a few more lives.

I am reluctant to ask you to waste lives, but if you DO decide to try Level 1856 again, could you perhaps try it with a different helper and see if that results in more Color Bombs? The reason I ask, is that THINK I have detected a more “generous” setting for the very first try at a new level, and also for the very first time you try that level with a new, different helper, but I am very unsure if this is real or I am imagining it.

Please post if you see any other changes in the levels you are using repeatedly as I am quite interested in that.

• Uncle_Bob
    Options

I will try to help the memory of players in the Level 3000-Level 4000 range of CCFS by my summary records of the multi-screen levels, which I find very useful for matching LOTS of candies of a certain color for Daily Quests.

To explain the notation: The number of screens that the level involves is written to the left beside the Level number. To the right of the Level number I have circled the type of task (FH=Fill Hearts, FA=Free Animals, FO=Free Octopuses, SJ=Spread Jam, DC=Dunk Cookies). Next, the first-choice helper is denoted by “1”, the second-choice helper by “2”, and the third-choice helpers by “3” (D=Dachs, JQ=Jelly Queen, M=Misty, N=Nutcracker, OD=Odus, OL=Olivia, RB=Rabbit, RC=Rachel, TI=Tifi, TR=Troll, and Y=Yeti). Finally the colors of candies used at that level (B=Blue, C=Cyan, G=Green, O=Orange, P=Purple, R=Red, and Y=Yellow) are each circled. If that level uses ONLY 4 colors of candies, I have put a large oval around those Candy Colors because I find it easier to make Color Bombs and Coloring Candies with only 4 colors of candies on the playing grid.

So for example, the very first line states that Level 3000 has 5 screens, the task is to Free Octopuses, Yeti is 1st choice, Olivia is 2nd choice, and Odus is 3rd choice, the candy colors are Cyan, Orange, Purple, and Red, and the oval around those candy colors indicates that there are only 4 candy colors on Level 3000.

I put a “?” beside Level 4000 because I think it should be a multi-screen level, but my notes do not specifically indicate that. Also, I suspect I may have missed some multi-screen levels when scanning all my notes, so please message me if you find any errors or additions to this information. I hope that this will help other players in the Level 3000-4000 range remember where these useful levels for completing Daily Quests were located. Happy Crushing!

• actipton80
    edited July 2021
    Options

@Uncle_Bob They have made one major change. It still has two screens and red, orange, and yellow candies. They have added cyan candies to the mix so I can't get cascades and matches of five or more candies very easily any more. I'm lucky to get one color bomb now, where I could get up to 10 or more before, especially if I used Jelly Queen. I don't use it for coloring candies any more for the same reason. The other changes to the layout are minor like a couple more fish boxes that weren't there before, and the octopuses are easier to free now.

Misty and Tiffi are still the main choices of friends for that level, and now that cyan candies are in the level, Yeti is in the rotating line up with Jelly Queen and Bubble Gum troll. I don't waste as many lives on that level now because they have made it easier to beat, but I didn't mind wasting them on the old layout because the old version of that level had a lot of replay value due to you being able to get lots of just about any special candy. The new version is easier, but the cascades of special candies just don't happen now.

I still play that level if I need Misty or Tiffi to get me candies of their respective colors, but now I might get only 75 of a certain color instead of 250+.

• Uncle_Bob
    Options

@actipton80 Thank you because that is very important information! Obviously, any records we make about past levels are only good until the “Powers That Be” alter those past levels! And you say that they changed a 3-color level into a 4-color level, AND made structural changes to the playing field like those extra fish boxes and changes in the octopus hiding. Sigh.

First, I am GLAD to read that in one way, because my partner and I have both encountered CCFS levels that were IMPOSSIBLE to solve without the +4 moves from watching an ad video AND then using 3 lollipop hammers! That is incredibly “expensive” in terms of resources, especially when some CCFS players do NOT get the ad videos and therefore have to satisfy Daily Quests for 5-7 days just to get a couple lollipop hammers.

But second, I have to be very careful with information about which Levels may be useful for solving Daiky Quests because your experience shows that the exact features ofmthe levels may change without notice! So thanks again, @actipton80 .

By the way, just for interest, I also observed some extremely odd behavior of one 4-color multi-screen level where the final screen, when you “solved” it, kind of went into a “nuclear chain-reaction” type of phase where stuff kept blowing up, and what the program finally did to damp down and end that “nuclear reaction” was introduce a completely unrelated new color (Green candies in that case), which interfered with the combinations making the chain reaction and thus finally brought the game to a standstill. The effect was exactly like pushing the control rods into a fission reactor to damp down and stop a nuclear fission reaction, and I was fascinated that someone had programmed in that kind of control mechanism. Does that have any possible bearing to what you observed on Level 1856? Was there any tendency of it to continue executing on its own before they introduced Cyan candies to “fix” it?

• actipton80
    Options

@Uncle_Bob I've seen where an unrelated color drops during sugar crush. They have done that for a long time including in the old version of 1856. The old version had cyan candies come in as a control, so now I think they just added them to the regular level. I'm glad I took screen shots of some of the crazy high scores I got on the old version because I can't seem to break 100,000 points on the new version.

The watching ad videos to get power ups must be for phone versions of this game. I play on my PC so I don't get ad videos. I play all the daily quests 99% of the time, but it still takes three days to fill a booster, and I rarely have all three boosters at the same time.

• DGenevieve
    DGenevieve Posts: 1,749 Level 5
    Options

Maybe level 1856 is only changed for some? In the Millionaire Club thread there are still a couple of players able to achieve a high score.

I had also tried that level recently and could only get a few hundred thousands.

• Uncle_Bob
    Options

@DGenevieve Wow! Things get curiouser and curiouser! Huh, I had never even thought of doing retroactive changes to some levels like 1856 for SOME players but not for OTHERS! It seems to me that the complexity of programming in level changes that only take effect for a subset of users would be extra work for the programmers, and of no discernible benefit to King. But you seem to have evidence that such selective revision of levels is actually occurring, which just puzzles me greatly. In any case, I guess the take-home lesson is that our records of what a particular level offers, will be true for some subset of users for some unknown length of time. Still useful information, I think, but not as absolutely dependable as I like my information to be! Anyway, thanks for the educational, if puzzling, information.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?