🔥 Hot right Now! 🌶
🏆 Claim your level milestone badges:
1000 // 2000 // 3000 // 4000 // 5000 // 6000 // 7000
👯‍♀️Find your Team HERE!

Elsa has all that she needs for the story!

Options
_Elsa_
_Elsa_ Posts: 36,685 Sweet Legend
edited December 2020 in Candy Friends Stories

They have all finished eating. Elsa and Tiffi head to the front to pay the bill and Yeti finishes sharing the article with Kimmy.

‘Germany – Don’t Tell Them It’s Okay - What comes to mind when you want to give the universal symbol of “okay.” You give them a thumbs-up, right? In Germany that would probably get your a$$ kicked if shared with the wrong group of people. A thumbs-up is the equivalent of giving them the finger.

Singapore – Chewing Gum? Good Luck - Chewing gum might be good for dental hygiene, but in Luxembourg, Switzerland, and France, public gum-chewing is considered vulgar. In Singapore, most gum has been illegal since 1992 when residents grew tired of scraping the sticky stuff off their sidewalks. In fact, if you are caught selling gum, you can be charged with a $100,000 fine or a prison sentence of up to two years. Funny enough, that’s not the oddest law that you can find in Singapore.

Middle East – Are You Hungry Or Telling Me To Wait - If you take your thumb to your fingers and show this symbol to someone from India, it means you want to eat. If you took the same symbol in Italy and flicked it to someone, you would essentially be flipping them off. In the Middle East, this symbol is a kind gesture for someone to wait or be patient with you. 

As we move closer and closer to a global culture where nationalities are blended with the help of our digital screens, these customs will slowly fade away. But while they are still here, you can still get a taste of these habits and behaviors that have changed around the world.’ (Source

Elsa thinks that she has more than enough information for this story. Perhaps what she’s thinking about culture might have more to do with the different languages around the world and that might be for a future story. She thanks everyone for helping her with this story. 

“Hey, are you guys ready for the big wedding on Christmas Day,” asks Elsa. “Yeti you are in charge of the bachelor’s party right? Do you have everything all planned out? I’m doing the bachelorette party along with the bridesmaids and we are going to do the party the weekend before the wedding.” 

Yeti tells Elsa that everything is in place but he still can’t believe that they are getting married. 

“I’ve got to run now so that I can put the story together,” says Elsa. “I’ll see you girls at the bachelorette’s party and Yeti I will see you at the wedding.” 

Hugs and kisses and they each go their separate way. 

The End!]

A special thanks to all that responded to my question in the community today.

Start at the beginning - Is there a difference between culture, tradition and customs?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?