new "cinema design" πŸ‘ŽπŸ‘Ž

DeryckDeryck Posts: 117 ✭✭✭

The Daily Treat calendar disappeared 2 days ago but returned today along with a new design when I open the game. Guessing that's no coincidence.

Is this another new design feature King plans on rolling out? Cuz I have to say, much as I like the idea of a Candy Crush movie, I don't like the black borders surrounding the top & bottom of the game. Everything's now way too cluttered and smushed together. REVERT

Prev1

Comments

• DeryckDeryck Posts: 117 ✭✭✭

OMG! Is King doing everything it can to piss off players? The new cinema design I previously posted about changed yesterday so that now the black borders take up even MORE space. Anything requiring reading (user login, scores, etc.) is a strain on my eyes. Is King trying to blind me??

I don't know how things are in Sweden, but here in America people sue for less.

Someone tag community mod Jenny Jelly to forward my complaint, as my tags of her name never work.

I didn't start this thread for attention or to be cute. I want this issue resolved and my game display to return to normal dammit! 😠

• bearwithmebearwithme Posts: 2,526 Superstar
    @Deryck - what platform are you playing on?  I play on several IOS platforms and I don't have those black borders.  They look like a glitch to me (especially since they appear to be growing!).

"Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart." - Winnie the Pooh
    Thanks @bearwithme! I was beginning to wonder whether I was the only one with this issue since no one else seems to have mentioned it. And it's the same Windows 10 app from the Microsoft store that I downloaded back in Feb/March of this year on my current new computer. Needless to say, the computer's up to date and without issues. The new design just randomly came out of nowhere.
  • bearwithmebearwithme Posts: 2,526 Superstar
    @Deryck - do you have the latest version of the windows 10 app?  I'm pretty sure that @Elsa also plays via the windows 10 app and she hasn't mentioned having that problem.

"Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart." - Winnie the Pooh

@bearwithme ; I'm guessing it is? Making things even stranger is I looked at the game on my dad's older computer, also a Win10. Only difference is his came with CCS preinstalled (mine didn't), the app was never updated/touched, and the game displays fine, like how mine used to look.

I guess a game uninstall/reinstall could be a last resort, but no way do I want to risk losing my stored lives! I'll wait this out until more is known.

• ElsaElsa Posts: 17,703 Superstar
    Look at this!  I have it too @Deryck!  But mine is prettier than yours!  I have pink splotches where the piggy bank is supposed to be (top right) and another pink splotch next to my profile picture.  I am "tinkled pink".  There was a game version update today and I'm wondering if it caused this.  @Deryck, can you still play the game?  I completed the levels so I don't have any new levels to play.  You can uninstall and reinstall the game on Windows 10 and you shouldn't lose anything, but ..........  will it correct this problem?  And it's now going into the weekend so even if I tag the community moderator she won't see this until Monday.  I could complete the contact form but they will also have to wait until Monday to notify the studio.  I will check on this again tomorrow morning and let's see if anyone else reports this.  I can also check in my Facebook group for any members who play on Windows 10.  Let's touch base tomorrow morning ok?

You can find out more about our Superstars here
    Please  take note that if you are playing your game on a mobile device all boosters and lives are saved to that device so that you can play the game when you are offline.  Please do not accumulate them because any updates, crashes or device changes can cause these items to be lost.
    Newbies, this is for you!  We always run contests on all the King games where you have a chance to earn some gold bars.  Check them out here

@Elsa For the record I'd upvote all 3 options since they apply, but it's not possible to do so. I'll go with my first reaction as I read your reply. ;)

I'm just relieved it's not just me! Yes, fortunately the game still plays fine. Like you, I suspect this is a result of some game updates/changes King is doing since the first border change happened as a result of the Treat Calendar disappearing in my game. The only other weird thing that happened coinciding with the expanded borders is I started getting 2 separate Daily Treat calendars. Have you too? One calendar gives a mix of timed boosters/regular boosters. The other gives all regular boosters (so far).

To be honest I wasn't going to report it cuz who shoots a gift horse in the mouth! But maybe the 2 changes are related and it's worth mentioning. Well if I must sacrifice some free boosters, I will. My eyesight's more important.

Sure, I'll update if the problem still exists tomorrow morning.

..oh man, pink splotches. I can't! πŸ˜‚

Here's more things going on with the game on Windows 10!  I just created more print screens and I'll post them below.  There is a difference if you open the window all the way or if it's the smaller version.  If you open it all the way, you can't scroll down to see the trophy. 

If it's the smaller version then you can see the trophy.  But then look at my pink splotches between the two of them.  On the smaller version the piggy bank is pink and the Build-a-Bot next to my profile picture turns pink.

But it doesn't end there.  When I changed it back to full version, this is what the trophy/events section looks like.

But then it gets even better.  Because as I change back and forth, now the pink is showing up in both sizes.  I went into my settings before opening the game right now and it updated to the latest version.  So, it was happening with the older version and hasn't changed with the newer version. 

I am going to report this to the contact form but I know they can't do anything about it until Monday.  But I want to direct them here so they can see all the print screens.  We might get more players commenting about this during the weekend.
    Please  take note that if you are playing your game on a mobile device all boosters and lives are saved to that device so that you can play the game when you are offline.  Please do not accumulate them because any updates, crashes or device changes can cause these items to be lost.
    Newbies, this is for you!  We always run contests on all the King games where you have a chance to earn some gold bars.  Check them out here
    @Deryck. look at my game today!  I lost my trophy box!  Something is wrong and I am trying to report it to the community moderator.  I gave her this link in a private message so she should be checking it on Monday when she comes in.

Good afternoon @Elsa. I unexpectedly was out all day yesterday but can see how the error has grown for you. Amazing (in a I-can't-believe-this way)! Mine is still just the borders, the 2 calendars still operating in conjunction, and I notice the new My Account button coming and going some days - maybe that plays a role in the design clusterfv(k?

I think I found one other person with the error, so it looks like we're not alone.

Guess what @Deryck!  They are working on it as we speak!  I wrote that contact form and got a reply back saying that it's a glitch and they are working on a fix.  So hopefully it will be all cleared up by tomorrow!  I did tell the community moderator to come here but when she does she will see my message.  Actually, I will tag her again.  @Jelly Jenny I got a reply from them and this is what he wrote:

"Our Studio team has identified this issue you reported as a bug and is currently looking closely into this, to determine what can be done to help you get back on track. Feedback such as yours is a great help and we appreciate you taking the time to let us know."

btw @bearwithme the reason my first thought was this could be a new design change as opposed to a glitch when I first saw it is this is an actual setting on my TV, YouTube, among other things - Cinema mode, Theater mode, etc. But clearly something else is going on! lol
    @Elsa ; Woohoo! I'm shocked - shocked I tell you! - you got an actual response. πŸ˜› Even more, that the issue was acknowledged and it's being worked on. I guess King can surprise me. πŸ˜‚
    And that is why we have Superstars along with the management team!  =)  When it's the weekend and I know that management won't be able to see these things and it's creating a lot of messages in the community I jump on it by completing the contact form.  Usually I just get back a message saying that they will notify the studio on Monday so this message completely surprised me today!
  • Jelly JennyJelly Jenny Posts: 1,353 Community Moderator
    Thanks @Elsa :waving:

Both black boarders and pink cubes are being looked into. Hopefully it will be all sorted out soon πŸ€ž

Ready to celebrate Candy Crush Saga level 5000? Gold Bars and exclusive swag here! 
    Are you the most brilliant Diamond Diaries racer? Fame, gold and glory here!