No longer able to exit an unstarted board without losing lives - Information and feedback

Options

Comments

• m_j_
    m_j_ Posts: 20 Level 2
    Options
    I have not bought boosters or the piggy bank since King put their fix in.  I was buying stuff several times a week when I would wake up in the middle of the night trying deal the empty spot in my life.  The reward was playing a few games to deal with what I was missing and take away the pain that had taken over my life.  But King completely ignored all of the people who ask them to change the game back and my two cents didn't make a difference, but I am proud of standing up for what I believe was right.  I will go back to playing my word games and King can go crush his own candies.
  • Dirty_Nurse
    Dirty_Nurse Posts: 555 Level 4
    Options
    For those very few that defended people that spend actual money on this game, you do realize it’s the same as putting money into a slot machine that features no payouts correct?  You get nothing out of simply paying your way into “beating” the various levels with virtual goods.

This game has always been completely free to play but King’s recent changes(the useless timed boosters which were specifically programmed to hinder players and the removal of the “glitch” that they knew about for many years and previously “fixed” then reverted) show that they are clearly counting on less-than-intelligent players to fork over real money for worthless virtual items.  Not to mention the complete lack of any response whatsoever on this highly popular thread for over two weeks.

Anyone who has or continues to shell out dough for this or any other free-to-play game needs to re-evaluate their priorities in life.  King is trying to take advantage of their players’ “addiction” here and that’s all there is to it.  Hopefully anyone reading this thread is smart enough to realize this and simply stops playing completely until the game is reverted to its previous state.  Since I’m stuck with the ridiculous “team” feature fauxtastic 5 I can see that participation has dropped off noticeably, does anyone else see this trend as well?  

If anyone reading this is interested in a laugh, do yourself a favor and watch the Southpark episode “Freemium isn’t Free”.  The boardroom scenes are exactly on point and how I envision the Studio environment to be!
  • mdl060374
    mdl060374 Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options

Let’s see how long it takes for King to realize this change is causing reasonable players to stop paying money.

i was a paying customer, but am not going pay until this is reverted back.

You guys tried this once and changed it back. Didn’t you learn the first time?

also stop screwing with the gold bar piggybank.... keep it at 60

• Fakhruddin-2
    Fakhruddin-2 Posts: 191 Level 3
    Options
    Wake up call for king before holiday season starts introduce reset of “FIX” and revert back to regular boosters instead of useless timed boosters 
  • nrs
    nrs Posts: 11 Level 2
    Options
    Amen about the coins. I used to buy 60 but not spending a penny for 30. Rather just lose lives and wait.  Some changes are to your detrimate. 
  • dank312
    dank312 Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options
    I have not played the game since the ‘fix’. How many of you are also completely boycotting the game?
  • Deryck
    Deryck Posts: 1,121 Level 5
    Options
    mercerik said:
    The reason I said this is that I’ve been checking back every morning to see how many pages have been added to this thread. None added (except for your next post) since yesterday. It makes me feel like people have given up, which King counted on, at some point.😔
    Hi again, @LuckyMe1189 !

I will be here everyday in support of this group. I noticed that there are now few comments. Let's not get disappointed with what we see right now. It could be because of the Holiday Season. If all us leave this thread now, then we all fail.

Actually, I believe it's the opposite. The lack of new comments/activity may be a good thing. Right now King is "testing" players and this community. It stirs up controversy to get more views and posts in its forums (i.e. popularity contest). It adds the new "milestone" badges too for that same purpose.

So if people simply leave and stop being active, both in-game and here, it may make King come to its senses and realize people won't put up with its transparent motives.

• Dinerboy
    Dinerboy Posts: 9 Level 2
    Options
    I've continued to play since this change happened.  But, I haven't made a single purchase.  

It's likely that this change is directed at players like me.  I'm at the top of the game.  Each week, I clear the 45 new levels the first three days (I play 15 a day, so I can get the 5 gold bar bonus and accrue the daily win booster challenge).  Then, I go back and play early levels for sugar drops, maxing out twice a day.  I've got over a hundred of most boosts, and close to a hundred extra live that friends send me.   Every session, I scroll back to easy levels (they make that a pain in the ass) so I can get the max win-streak boosts *and* the timed sugar drop boosts all working before I play the new levels, and I beat most levels on the first try.

Despite that, I'd still drop them a buck or two every so often, just because I enjoy the game and figure I'll kick in for that enjoyment.  

I figure they did this to try and make players like me bleed out our accumulated boosters.  It didn't quite work - I was still usually the first to clear an episode and get my 5 gold bars in an hour or so, needing more than one attempt at only two or three levels per episode.  

I cleared level 6000 today, and so I hit my goal.  I figured I'd give the company the chance to respond to this feedback and undo this change, but they haven't.  So, I'm calling it quits.  On both this and Soda (I'm in the 2400s there).  A company that doesn't treat its customer base well doesn't deserve my time.

• mercerik
    mercerik Posts: 3,617 Legend
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Deryck said:

Actually, I believe it's the opposite. The lack of new comments/activity may be a good thing. Right now King is "testing" players and this community. It stirs up controversy to get more views and posts in its forums (i.e. popularity contest). It adds the new "milestone" badges too for that same purpose.

So if people simply leave and stop being active, both in-game and here, it may make King come to its senses and realize people won't put up with its transparent motives.
    Hi there, @Deryck

On the contrary, what you said is not a sure thing. You must have a complete trust on King Games. Can't you see it, it is now 68 pages and ticking and King won't budge? If we walk away now, it is like throwing in the towel or waiving a white flag. We might as well say "we give up, you won!"  King will probably laugh at us and call us nothing but whiners and say Long Live The King! 😊

If we leave this Thread and not post a comment or two, this becomes irrelevant and will be closed permanently.
      Two Superstars attempted to close this so no one can comment. Doing what you said will give them a valid reason to shut this down permanently. When that happens, all our efforts to keep this alive will be flushed in the toilet.

As I have said in my previous comment, whatever the group decides is OK by me. It is not yours or my decisions that count here, it is all the members who've supported the game financially for years and still is. It is their decision if they want to End this Fight that matters, not ours!
  • Deryck
    Deryck Posts: 1,121 Level 5
    Options

lol I think they'd be more concerned with losing engagement (relevance as you said) than simply closing one thread. They can shut down a thread, but they can't shut down people's discontent.

This discussion has been closed.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?