No longer able to exit an unstarted board without losing lives - Information and feedback

Comments

• julescaldwell519
    julescaldwell519 Posts: 45 Level 2
    imagwai said:
    dank312 said:
    I have not played the game since the ‘fix’. How many of you are also completely boycotting the game?
    I haven't even attempted a single level since the change. I was (and still am) on level 6005. Sorry King, but this change was the straw that broke the camel's back.
    All I am doing is collecting daily boosters until this is fixed.  
  • SuzyFuller
    SuzyFuller Posts: 61 Level 3
    For those of us who guessed King would bury the lede and not make an announcement before the holidays...well, we were right: Hanukkah begins tomorrow evening. Not only have we been given no official word, it appears someone at King has decided to de-emphasize the importance of this thread by making it much more difficult to locate--manually bumping it from it's rightful place as the most active topic. Time for me to go play some Seriously fun games.
  • mercerik
    mercerik Posts: 3,617 Legend
    For those of us who guessed King would bury the lede and not make an announcement before the holidays...well, we were right: Hanukkah begins tomorrow evening. Not only have we been given no official word, it appears someone at King has decided to de-emphasize the importance of this thread by making it much more difficult to locate--manually bumping it from it's rightful place as the most active topic. Time for me to go play some Seriously fun games.
    Hi there, @Suzy !

To tell you the truth, this was a part of a Smart Business Strategy. How many days were there when the announcement was made before the change was implemented? The announcement was made on December 2. The change was implemented on December 5 depending on the Time Zone. I believe mine was December 4. If the CM was honest enough to give members an honest fair warning, it should have been at least a week in advance, not 3 days. I am sure he knew of this plan for a long time.

Holiday Season is a perfect time of the year to drop a bomb into members lap because everybody goes on vacation to celebrate with families. It is also the time of the year when companies are closed and won't re-open till after New Year's Day.

On page 69, I want you to see who laughed, putting a He-He on my response to @LuckyMe1189 about this Thread taken down as one of the Highlights in the Community Opening Page. It is amazing! Evidently, he is not in support of the group and he laughs at a comment which is not even funny. 
  • TurboTim66
    TurboTim66 Posts: 49 Level 2
    If you have commented here and want reset the board put back, please visit here and upvote this guy's post:

https://community.king.com/en/candy-crush-saga/discussion/272346/bring-back-the-ability-to-reset-the-board/p1

Also worth taking this survey and telling the survey monkey exactly what you think and how you feel about their changes. Especially if you already spent money but won't spend again.

https://community.king.com/en/candy-crush-saga/discussion/273495/survey-take-a-2-minutes-survey-and-share-your-opinion-with-us#Item_11

I doubt it will help as they have made it apparent they do not care about any of us, but worth a try maybe?
  • Gerry_S
    Gerry_S Posts: 7 Level 2
     Hi,  Gerry S here, a  lot of these complaints, AND YET YOU ARE STILL PLAYING THE GAME? The only way is to hit them hard.  STOP PLAYING AND STOP PAYING!!!!!!!!
  • kunmiJomi
    kunmiJomi Posts: 29 Level 2
    Lots of angry folks out there, including me, who's losing the most, king I guess, the revenue must have slumped if not completely dry, the ability to reset a board gives an undue advantage but it rubs kings palm with some cash cuz I know maybe an hammer/an hand switch or a color bomb would make a difference at the death if am able to purchase one, even at that you might not be able to complete a level, but there is hope you will get it the next time, but not when you have to reset now knowing that you can't complete this level because of the make up of the board and king has completely wrestled that away from us. It's a shame, undo your terrible fix now. 
  • Dirty_Nurse
    Dirty_Nurse Posts: 555 Level 4
    edited December 2019
    Gerry_S said:
     Hi,  Gerry S here, a  lot of these complaints, AND YET YOU ARE STILL PLAYING THE GAME? The only way is to hit them hard.  STOP PLAYING AND STOP PAYING!!!!!!!!
    This is exactly my sentiment on the matter.  As soon as this strategic ability was taken away under the guise of it being a “glitch” I have stopped playing altogether.  If it’s not reinstated I’ll simply stay at level 5916 for eternity and couldn’t care less even after all the time(not actual money of course) I spent playing.  

There’s no valid reason to spend money on a free game like this but for those of you who have ads still, don’t even give King the revenue they get off of that.  After all they don’t even have the decency to respond to this hugely popular post after almost three weeks and now have chosen to attempt to bury it, they don’t even deserve the pittance they get from advertisements.

Simply put, they’re attempting to bank on players being addicted enough to the game that they’re willing to carry on at all costs, purchasing ever-increasing amounts of whimsical fantasy goods just in order to beat seemingly never-ending(and probably at this point computer-generated) levels. Hopefully people are smart enough to see through this obvious ploy but having witnessed the gradual decline of intelligence and common sense among the public in recent years/decades I’m not getting my hopes up.
  • kunmiJomi
    Hunt4Fish said:
    So King decided to remove perhaps THE most effective tool used to solve difficult levels... mainly to force players to have to spend money buying boosters.  Not that difficult to understand from the standpoint of King to garner more revenue.  They knew they were going to catch a lot of flak for this move.  You can bet they will be paying attention to the revenues for the next few months.  If revenue goes up despite the loss of players, they'll keep the game as they've changed it.  If revenue goes down because they lose players, they'll reverse the so-called fix.  The ONLY leverage we players have is to cease purchasing boosters.  I know it's hard to resist, but that's the only thing that will change their minds... loss of revenue.  Stay the course!
    We keep playing but won't buy any booster cuz it's a waste, only a nit wit who didn't work for the money he/she is spending well continue to buy from king, it's so ridiculous. How can you take the one thing that keep people playing your game away from them, maybe they trying to see how much of there revenue will go down. I know surely that they would receive sense before January. 
  • kunmiJomi
    I am not sure Activision is really that interested in having many users if these are not spending. Being able to reset the game ad infinitum allows you to do it until you get two color bombs side by side, then 80% of the hard work is done already and you can pass without ever having to spend anything. I was wondering how long it would take Activision to find that out and allow it.

On the one hand I do not like to spend money for a game, on the other hand I realize they have a studio to run, staff to pay, etc, so I empathize with them partly. They have been making billions of dollars in the past, and maybe now their stats are sliding, so they are searching for solutions.

They also have the other candy crash, the Soda one, where this ability to reshuffle the board was absent from day one, and apparently, people are still playing and buying, I read something recently that they have been making more than 2 billions dollars on that one alone, so I guess they are trying to align the saga one with it. Unfortunately, this last one has hundreds of old timers playing it and they got used to the facility of being able to reshuffled the board. The question for Activision would be which strategy would be the most beneficial on the long term, having many of angry old-timers who will quit the game and counting on their newbies base to make up for it eventually, or tolerating the reshuffling with the knowledge that at least some of that money will eluded them.

All levels can be passed without boosters at all, there is a very good website (Candy Crush All Help) detailing that. I have done it occasionally, but with 6000 levels, it would take several life-times to reach the end, and that is not very motivating for people. The ability to reshuffle the board was mitigating that and giving them some hope that they would reach it within reasonable time. Maybe the Soda story doesn't have that many levels, I never looked at it.

Even though i have used the reshuffling facility, I still have been buying, much too much in my opinion, because there is always this last nasty candy that doesn't want to blow, and it's too frustrating to quit so near, so you buy. Or you spend even more time on the game to redo the level. Actually, I observed that all levels are built this way, not that difficult at the outset, but almost impossible to finish off with the number of moves available. I suspect that this is how they decide how much move they will allow for each level, by trial and error.

<end of rambling>
    I don't know where you get your stats from, how many folks out there play Soda? And how could they possibly be making that much money on an app nobody plays, it's way harder that Saga which is why it gets less traffic, I have played both and I liked both, I know what I had to do to get to 1,800+ on soda while I didn't have to do so much to get to 3,600+ on saga, without an head start in soda, you can be on a level for months unlike saga even without booster you can still match on after awhile. 
  • TurboTim66
    TurboTim66 Posts: 49 Level 2
    edited December 2019
    @Dirty_Nurse one minute your post is not there, next minute it is...

The boards are going into meltdown LoL

I too noticed that the hot topics have been shuffled about so as to not give a true indication of the current player's revolt.

I really don't think they are going to sort this out, and I really hope it results in their platform disappearing up its own orifice.
This discussion has been closed.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?