No longer able to exit an unstarted board without losing lives - Information and feedback

Options

Comments

• m_j_
    m_j_ Posts: 20 Level 2
    Options
    It is that time of night when I wake up and my brain goes into overdrive.  I haven't yet learned how to deal with my husband no longer being here to hold me when I can't sleep.  I go and quickly lose my five lives and collect my times boosted when I have no lives left to play.  I will not give King another dime.  I will continue to read this forum and wonder what other people are doing to be awake in the middle of the night.  For me it is the loss of my husband and no one awake to talk to. 

I thank you all for your insight into what was forced on us by Candy Crush Saga minions.  I am not sure if we are making a difference or falling on deaf ears but it feels good to say something.  I will continue to check here when I can't sleep and the emptiness in my life becomes unbearable.

You are a wonderful community of players that are willing to stand up what they feel is right.  It is wonderful to find that in our world today when there is so much negativity.

I wish you all good night.  

• JethrinaBodina
    JethrinaBodina Posts: 784 Level 5
    Options
    m_j_ said:
    It is that time of night when I wake up and my brain goes into overdrive.  I haven't yet learned how to deal with my husband no longer being here to hold me when I can't sleep.  I go and quickly lose my five lives and collect my times boosted when I have no lives left to play.  I will not give King another dime.  I will continue to read this forum and wonder what other people are doing to be awake in the middle of the night.  For me it is the loss of my husband and no one awake to talk to. 

I thank you all for your insight into what was forced on us by Candy Crush Saga minions.  I am not sure if we are making a difference or falling on deaf ears but it feels good to say something.  I will continue to check here when I can't sleep and the emptiness in my life becomes unbearable.

You are a wonderful community of players that are willing to stand up what they feel is right.  It is wonderful to find that in our world today when there is so much negativity.

I wish you all good night.  

I'm very sorry for your loss. People say it gets easier, but it doesn't. Yesterday was my 35th anniversary, I've spent that day alone for over 13 years now. You can always message me directly. It's easier to talk to frangers about some things.
    I am not awake because I choose to be, either. Two, maybe three hours of sleep and that's all I can get. I don't know exactly why this is happening to me, but it's been a rough year. Make that decade...my husband died in 2009 and just about everything has sucked ever since. My son and I are looking forward to a new decade; grateful that his Dad wrapped him in airbags and saved his life back in April. No one should have been able to crawl out of that wreckage, but my boy did...and I know it was because his father knew my heart would stop if I lost my only child, too.

I'm somehow surviving the daytime fatigue, though. I just put banana bread in the oven and with the the time I have till the rest of the world wakes up I'll read. I should be doing schoolwork. I've gotten used to being awake, it was fun killing time with this stupid game. Not anymore, though.

I've already used my 5 lives and must wait for new ones. I had over 80 saved and didn't use them often, but my access to boosters has been cut drastically with the reset going away along with the ad videos. I get one booster wheel spin per day, on one of my devices.

Helpful hint to hit the jackpot on the wheel... Let it spin for a few turns to get it moving, sometimes it has a hitch. Then watch it as the check mark candy goes by. That space on the wheel is the one you want to be going by when you hit the stop button. It's not easy, but I've done it three times and I've not been playing for 6 years, maybe 6 months. You want to touch the stop button when the wheel ticker is about to leave the checkmark candy wedge. This is only on the booster wheel. To get 15 spins you need to do about the same thing, two wedges on the wheel before the one you want to get. It works, I swear it! I got good at it until they took the ads away. I got 15 extra moves a lot of the time.

✌😎
  • TurboTim66
    TurboTim66 Posts: 49 Level 2
    Options

@Dirty_Nurse; I understand it is your personal opinion about how you feel when people spend money on virtual goods in a free game.  But to say that you look down on them because of that seems quite disrespectful.

Who cares if they do???  That is their choice and have every right to do so.  I know that since the “fix” I have not spent any more money on this game because honestly this game is just pure luck now.  But I would occasionally spend money on this game before.  It helped me keep moving up 100 levels a week with one day hopefully making it to level 6000.  Now, I realized that will not happen due to the “fix.”

We all have things that makes us happy in life and for me playing CCS was one of those things, but the greed of King finally decided to crush all that so it’s time to move on to another game.  I hope King comes to their senses but for me even if they do they have already taken the fun out of this game.  
    Couldn't agree more. Spent money to make the most of the few hours of release I could get when I chose to, in ignorance I was thinking 'finally a game platform that is not run by greedy A$$holes.' OK. I was wrong.

I've pretty much given them the chance they needed. I started gaming at 13 in 1979. Sorcerer exidy 16kb upgraded to 32kB. Moved through superbrain 64kB, Atari console (Activision games sucked then too btw) Commodore 64, Amiga 500, upgraded, cassette tapes that sometimes didn't load games, win 3.1 1992-94. PS1/2/3/4. Many other platforms and 20c slot games and pinballs on the way between 1979 to present

Many games with 'sunset' clauses built in - a lifetime expectancy until it is no longer supported by the makers.

NEVER - have I ever seen the disrespect and absolute ingratitude shown by a greedy company as I have here - where the game was making good money AS IT WAS. But they just want more and more at the loyal community's expense.

Now this game is completely ruined - I am out of here.

I gave you three weeks to fix this you SOBs. You can now go and get right royally .......

Not even going to log in anymore. Maybe one day I'll read here that they pulled their arrogant stupid heads in and changed it back.

Until then, see you later all.

PS. Hope you all quit cold too now. Talking about it achieved nothing for us all. They know without a doubt now, and do not care.
    Vote with your feet.
    PPS - Jethrina - Sorry for your loss  :3
  • dkhedman
    dkhedman Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    hate the  change. Played for years and would spend money in boosters when I got stuck even though I hated too. 😀 the change made me not want to even more. Haven’t spent a dime since the switch. Not worth it to play for Five minutes. 
  • Dinerboy
    Dinerboy Posts: 9 Level 2
    Options
    I've continued to play since this change happened.  But, I haven't made a single purchase.  

It's likely that this change is directed at players like me.  I'm at the top of the game.  Each week, I clear the 45 new levels the first three days (I play 15 a day, so I can get the 5 gold bar bonus and accrue the daily win booster challenge).  Then, I go back and play early levels for sugar drops, maxing out twice a day.  I've got over a hundred of most boosts, and close to a hundred extra live that friends send me.   Every session, I scroll back to easy levels (they make that a pain in the ass) so I can get the max win-streak boosts *and* the timed sugar drop boosts all working before I play the new levels, and I beat most levels on the first try.

Despite that, I'd still drop them a buck or two every so often, just because I enjoy the game and figure I'll kick in for that enjoyment.  

I figure they did this to try and make players like me bleed out our accumulated boosters.  It didn't quite work - I was still usually the first to clear an episode and get my 5 gold bars in an hour or so, needing more than one attempt at only two or three levels per episode.  

I cleared level 6000 today, and so I hit my goal.  I figured I'd give the company the chance to respond to this feedback and undo this change, but they haven't.  So, I'm calling it quits.  On both this and Soda (I'm in the 2400s there).  A company that doesn't treat its customer base well doesn't deserve my time.

• Dinerboy
    Dinerboy Posts: 9 Level 2
    Options
    For what it's worth, they're still quietly tinkering with the game.

They eliminated the recent change where you can choose when to claim your sugar drop rewards, and they also added in some more permanent boosters as rewards.  Previously, the only permanent reward was a lollipop hammer - all others were on timers.  Now, I've gotten a square+stripe, a fish, a color bomb, and a coconut wheel.

Some might recall that, when they changed to timed booster rewards, they also would reward an occasional gold bar.  They did away with that pretty quick.

There's an old comment about taxation: "The art of taxation is procuring feathers from a goose with the least amount of hissing."

I'd speculate that this is their angle - maximizing purchases.  It's business, of course, so that *should* be their angle.  They're not offering us this game out of the goodness of their hearts.  None of us are in a position to know whether their changes are good or bad for the bottom line.  Yes, we can protest here, endlessly, and some of what we say might sway them.  But, ultimately, they'll look at their cash flow.  

Want to make your point?  You can quit, or you can play but spend zero money.  Both ways contribute to the message that this community wants to send about this change.  I don't know which will be more effective, though.
  • JethrinaBodina
    JethrinaBodina Posts: 784 Level 5
    Options
    Peace, and thank you, Turbo. Your comments have been insightful. I'm no quitter, but I think I'll experiment with being one just to make a stand. I know it'll only be for myself, King won't miss little ol me, but I'll feel like I've given them the bird! Ha! Idgits...
  • MataiceAlison
    MataiceAlison Posts: 313 Level 4
    Options
    before in my weekly race those in first position would be in 200 levels per week, seems levels are getting harder, well for me I just play to win the episode race but without buying any boosters, even episode race is becoming less competitive!
    King also disabled the watch ad to win moves when am connected to a VPN service ,so i no longer receive any ad, i thought ads were earning them revenue but since i cant watch any then i will just have  to play to win by luck b(i just won a hard level without any booster within 24hrs!)but am not giving them any of my peny, i invest enough in buying data services when am out of range!
  • Akimem
    Akimem Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    Well, I see that other players are just as frustrated as I am with this game. I've been playing the same level since the "fix" went in. I absolutely will not purchase anything from the store as the store cannot be relied on either based on what I've been reading. Before I even knew about the option to exit and re-enter the level I had on occasion purchased gold bars and other items and paid to empty my piggy bank. This "fix" is a nightmare and I sincerely hope it is "re-fixed" soon. I stopped playing Bubble Witch a few years back for the same reason. Have you learned nothing from your "fixes"?
  • areyoukiddingme
    areyoukiddingme Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    No more shuffle, AND my pig only goes to 30? Near level 5000, not bragging believe me. Not a newbie and I’ve witnessed many changes over the years and and this is too far my friends. 
    Maybe a little strike, couple days of not playing means King could lose a little of that ching, bling, I’m talking about $ folks...Ouch. 
    I’ll white knuckle it, go cold turkey. 
    My mom is not doing well, my dog is dying from a neurological problem (SM) I tell you this not for sympathy but I play the game to relax and forget about things for a moment. And I quit drinking and turned to the Candy.
    You’ve ruined my Crush escape.
    Happy Holidays. 
    I’m going to buy a six pack, cheers.
This discussion has been closed.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?