⚠️ Need help? Check our FAQ:s first HERE
📩 Email notifications Customise your experience in the forum! HERE

No boosters available

Options
Manfred33
Manfred33 Posts: 42 Level 2

Why is the game showing no boosters when starting a level now? Just reached level 4596 and 4597 and so far, boosters are no longer being shown in the window with the objective when starting the level, i.e. before tapping on 'Play!'? Also, being displayed at the same time at the bottom of the screen, a brief message stating that "This level does not affect your win streak." What's that about? A friend recently told me she was getting these problems too and sent a screenshot with those very same meshes. I told her I hadn't seen them before and she's at a much lower level than I am so, doubtful it has anything to do with what level I'm on...

Answers

• parasjenni
    parasjenni Posts: 36 Level 2
    Options

Have you tried updating your app/device?

If you use Facebook to save your game, check that you allow the game to use your profile info and that it hasn’t expired. And if you use King account, maybe try logging off?

• Manfred33
    edited December 2022
    Options

*Edited by CM: Please remember to be nice and sweet. - Our House Rule

• kiara_wael
    kiara_wael Posts: 145,730 Candy Moderator
    Options
  • parasjenni
    parasjenni Posts: 36 Level 2
    Options

No need for the rage. I thought you needed general advice. But looking at your previous comments it seems you are not interested in anything but telling people they are useless and dumb.

I read elsewhere that this could be an ‘adding elements’ issue: additional game elements are introduced along all the progression.

Selected boosters are not available and if you lose your win streak it will not reset it nor does it increase it.

• Manfred33
    Options

There was no rage sir. Just tired of simple answers liked updating my device. I can call my cell phone provider for that kind of advice.

See? Now your second answer was actually useful and informative! Good job!

• Lindark
    Lindark Posts: 5,681 Sweet Legend
    Options

Some levels do not have boosters at the start - they are disabled.

• Sukanta_Biswas
    Sukanta_Biswas Posts: 24,932 Crushing Legend
    Options

Welcome to the King Community.

The issue that you have mentioned regarding being unable to use boosters on levels 4596-4598, 4600 and 4603 is due to how these levels are actually each tutorial levels implemented with the release of the new Crystal Candies. For this reason, the boosters that can generally be enabled or used prior to entering the level will not appear for use on these particular levels, however they should appear on levels such as 4599 and the levels 4601 and beyond.

The boosters you had previously should still appear in your inventory, but just wont be available for the 5 mentioned levels.

Thank you.

• Tess92
    Tess92 Posts: 3,715 Level 5
    Options

Hi @Manfred33 !😊

There are some levels in the game where you can't choose boosters at the start. This can happen for various reasons such as the introduction of a new blocker (in this case the Crystal Candy) or when there are too many blockers within the levels which would prevent you from making moves with the addition of boosters.

Don't worry! Boosters will return from level 4599.

• Doondie
    Doondie Posts: 1,255 Level 5
    Options

Your reaction was totally uncalled for, mate. He was just trying to help based on the description of the issue and his own knowledge.

As already somewhat explained above, this problem as you call it is actually an intended setting. These levels are generally easier and should get you acquainted with a specific type of blocker or whatever devs' idea is. In level 711 for example you *now* learn about those chained thingies you can destroy all at once by breaking just one of the links.

The message you have quoted yourself should've hinted you that this is not a bug. It tells you that your win streak will not be affected by the outcome - clearing the level won't increase your streak count, neither will failing break your streak.

Have fun! o/

• Manfred33
    Options

No, actually, it was totally called for, MATE. I have read forums like this aplenty, and when I read somebody having a problem, I don't gratuitously chime in just to put in my 2¢ by suggesting "Did you update your device" when I KNOW I don't know the real answer to the problem. I keep my mouth shut and don't offer simplistic suggestions that I know will make me look like exactly what I am: someone that doesn't know what the hell they are talking about.

To all of those that already talked about the actual reason for the "no boosters" issue before this yahoo repeated it for no reason, I thank you for bringing that little twist in the game to my attention, since I don't ever recall having experienced that in a level before. I am in the 4000s though, so perhaps when I did last encounter it, it might have been a number of years ago already, since I having been playing this godforsaken game for well nigh on 8 years, maybe longer.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?