How do I play Baker's Box?

Answers

• schughes
    schughes Posts: 71 Level 2

Thank you for your assistance and help!

I have decided to leave the game. The powers at CCS have tweaked the outcome of each level to heavily favor them and I am being robbed when each level requires multiple paid extensions, spending 50+ bars in many instances, which is $5 USD and we all know the awards are a fraction of what was spent.

Good luck and there are other games where I don't feel fleeced after buying in game packages.

Steve

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 8,334 Legend
    edited July 6

You are welcome @schughes and I am sad to see you have decided to leave the game.

In case you do change your mind, I have a final tip for you after reading your post. If ever you find you don't pass a level on your first try don't EVER pay more than ten gold bars to pass a level. As you have correctly identified here, there is an inflation in price when we buy extra moves to extend the level. So my best tip for you and everyone else is to only ever pay the 10 gold to play on when you can clearly see on the board that the moves the game offers you are enough to actually pass. If in doubt quit and retry the level, and the game will offer you more and more extra moves for the 10 gold, even up to a ridiculous 250 extra moves! But 10 gold bars will always be enough to pass any level if you keep retrying.

However, the game is rigged, and a lot of it is run by an AI as you have suggested in the past, so if that is not for you then the decision to quit is a sound one. Take care and all the best for the future.

• kcampbell10
    kcampbell10 Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited July 22

why am I not seeing or able to use the spoon in the Bakers Box? I have 25 spoons but it’s not giving me the option to use them. Please advise.

• SubstitutePyrolight
    SubstitutePyrolight Posts: 94 Level 2
    edited July 22

There are some issues with the patches with the Candy cup event. Not see the bakers box yet but I would assume it is one of them.

It could be an issues that happens where the layers for the object are messed up and cannot click on it since it is actually in the background. This happen to be recently with the supercharged lollipop hammer. The actual clickable part was behind so it was unusable.

Close and opening the app can help. Also when everything resents at the end of the day can fix it sometimes as well.

• SubstitutePyrolight

This event was supposed to be in the game last season, one of the ones QueenB mentioned.

I can also likely explain what is wrong with the event. What I suspect it is.

There is the image of the spoon that is not intractable. There is also a transparent clickable event that is what "activates" the spoon. The image should be on the back layer and the event should be on the front layer.

If you reverse this the event becomes non interactive due to the background image being in front of it.

This actually happened with the super lolipops. Sometimes the clickable event would appear behind the image and thus they were useless.

This is a common issue with visual design tools is it can be very easy to mix or or reverse the layers if there are multiple ones.

This usually results in about of month of constant mocking of the dev that did it by the other devs as it is a "noob" mistake.

• schughes

I have used your suggestion of retrying but you use lives and the game only allows 20 daily friend given lives to be used.

My work around has been to use 69 bars for 6 hours of lives. It's slower progess but I keep my package of purchased bars longer and do miss out on promotions that require sequential wins, such as Royale. The frenzy promo is a WASTE.

Do you know if CCS uses AI players to create a sense of player urgency? Some of the player behavior would suggest AI. For example, in Frenzy I play a game and then recheck my rankings and a player will have earned too many points for a human to earn in such a short time.

It occurred in a similar pattern in a marble crush game online and they were so lazy that that some of their levels had Christmas motifs whilst it was Spring and Summer.

• SubstitutePyrolight
    Answer ✓

Good lord, forum ate my post.

Anyway you are not playing again AI, it is just programmed.

1. Royale is just a random roll for how much gold you will get based on a division of the players so it always lines up.
    2. Episode Race is a day long or so and the "players" are there to just make you rush.
    3. Factory Frenzy is the same. The first place will always get around 600-700 points starting slowly for the first 10 minutes, getting most of the points till 45 min then stopping completely.
    4. Also in both the Royale and Frenzy one or two levels are made extra hard regardless of their normal difficulty to try to force you to use boosters.

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 8,334 Legend
    edited July 6

The other players in the Episode race and Candy Royale are recordings of players who played the levels previously, that is why King claim that all the other players are real. Strictly speaking they are real. However, given that King have millions of players to choose from in their database, those other players from recordings are about as fake as an AI player would be. They are picked by King to make the event challenging for you and they are picked deliberately for a specific outcome for you. What I meant by AI is that I suspect that AI work out many of the algorithms of the game, the level boards and of the events, and the human workforce at King is probably reducing. The new levels that King churn out every week are obviously written by an AI.

• schughes

How long have you been playing?

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?