New levels

Options

Comments

• Gary_Turner
    Gary_Turner Posts: 281 Level 3
    Options

That’s your problem right there. As you say not many people have stacks of boosters so it takes many attempts to pass. We are not playing the game anymore, we’re just waiting on a lucky board. Where’s the enjoyment in that.

Ive passed 9115 but had to use 2 UFOs and 2 hammers. As you’ll see on your data I’ve played 9116 5 times on iPhone and 8 times on iPad with coconut wheels and got nowhere. None of these levels have been marked as difficult so I don’t know what the next couple of skull levels that are coming up are going to be like.

l stopped playing this game for a while because of what was happening but came back to see if anything had changed. Sadly its got worse. Its ok giving us a challenge but make it an enjoyable one. The number of blockers in the levels this week has been ridiculous. Hardly any moves left to complete level once they’ve been cleared. Every level is geared up for the use of boosters which (as you’ve said) not everyone has, and that means money.

I agree with everything sweet stanley says

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 14,047 Legend
    Options

Far from everyone has hundreds of boosters laying around, but some players use a lot of boosters to clear a level first try to keep their win streak etc.

@LindQ I said I have seen screenshots of people with hundreds of boosters, not that everyone has hundreds of boosters. The fact that a few people have so many boosters would lead me to understand that there must also be a lot of players that have boosters that number in double figures. This is far from the norm/average.

If your 'some players use a lot of boosters' are included in the average player scenario for determining the correct number of moves for a level then you are unfairly skewing the game play in favour of those that don't mind paying for their boosters.

• LindQ
    LindQ Posts: 562 Kingster
    Options

Some players do have lots of boosters, but we are aware that some players use them and it is something that we take into account. I can't go into detail about our data process, but it's absolutely something we are aware of, and the levels are meant to be enjoyable for everyone, even if they don't have any boosters.

• Gary_Turner
    Gary_Turner Posts: 281 Level 3
    Options

Its not enjoyable if you don’t have boosters because it takes ages to pass one level. That’s why so many people have left to find a more enjoyable game to play

• Carol-38
    Carol-38 Posts: 10,880 Level 5
    edited May 2022
    Options

Well @Alienscar @LindQ I have read all these posts and am confused which is the norm lately with Candy Crush Saga. Wouldn't that be enjoyable and wonderful if the average player could pass each level in 20 plays, I would even be more than happy if it was possible in 50 tries without having to use 10 gold for extra moves and/or boosters.

I wouldn't class myself as an average player, started when the game was released in 2012 and had finished years ago awaiting new levels. From the 10000's it's been a struggle, no strategy just 10 gold for extra moves and/or boosters. Now on 11629 which is another level that will require extra moves and/or boosters.

Wonder how the data is collected and if it's an average over a certain list of levels. If you collected data from - for example - the 11600' would you get the same result, I don't think so.

Most of the levels I have played recently require extra moves and that is after playing more than 50 times. Some levels even requiring additional boosters on top of the extra moves.

Might be an idea to go back to the data office and see what is wrong with their system, if it's showing what you say.

Have recently lost more CCS friends who have stopped playing due to the numerous levels so close together that are impossible to pass. You only have to read level feedback to see how impossible the majority of the higher levels are.

I won't give up entirely but am so disappointed with how things are now, I have definitely slowed down. Would normally by now be finished and eagerly awaiting new levels but still have many levels in this 2nd episode then another to struggle through.

At some stage I will do a test for myself and see how many times I play a level without having to use 10 gold for extra moves and/or boosters.

I also hear that lower levels are always being changed to make them near on impossible but as I don't play them anymore I can't fully comment.

• Fences
    Fences Posts: 1,122 Level 4
    Options

@LindQ Just take those level designers into a mental hospital

• Carol-38
    Carol-38 Posts: 10,880 Level 5
    Options

Hi@LindQ @Alienscar re my post above, I've been playing my socks off. Really wanted to agree with LindQ but sadly I can't. When you get a chance please see my feedback on level 11666. That is a typical example of what we all keep complaining about. Yes feedback has been left but even if it does get looked at and changed it probably won't be soon being as it's a weekend.

• Michael-6
    Michael-6 Posts: 987 Level 3
    Options

Just seen this thread. Sorry @LindQ but what you have explained just does not tally up with the game at all.

Within a few days of levels being released on windows 10, many levels see their moves reduces to 20 (or perhaps 22), whether they originally had 28, 30, 35 or whatever moves. It is always reduced to 20. There is never any incremental change like you suggested. And more often that not the reduction is accompanied with a massive increase in blockers on the board.

You make the boards harder and then also reduce the moves. A double whammy.

It has been asked so many times and ignored i don't expect an answer but here goes- can you please explain why King are unable to simply release one set of levels that is consistent for all players no matter what day of the year they play them on or what platform they play them on?

• dkcc
    dkcc Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options

Can’t even get the blockers below the cherries.even had a free color bomb and used boosters. Doesn’t say it’s a hard level but it is especially after spending a day on the previous nightmare level😣

• Michael-6
    Michael-6 Posts: 987 Level 3
    Options

Here is a perfect example of why what @LindQ has told us on this thread is pure and simply, a lie.

Level 11761- original version

Level 11761- current version:

9 moves less and five layers of fencing rendering all the striped booster things pointless.

@LindQ reckons that this won't need more than 20 moves to pass, and that this was tested without boosters.

LOL

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?