⚠️ Need help? Check our FAQ:s first HERE
📩 Email notifications Customise your experience in the forum! HERE

Game corrupted…again

Options
AmyBarrett89
AmyBarrett89 Posts: 36 Level 2

I passed level 2000 last week-ish, and suddenly every time I close the app I skip ahead to the next set of levels, winning the race. This has happened to me before. Support advised me to create a new username etc and start a new game. I’d rather not go back to square 1, having just passed 2k. Advice?

thanks.

Answers

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 13,744 Legend
    Options

Hi Amy what you describe is an infrequent problem that affects some players'. I don't think I have ever seen a fix suggested for this issue though.

Do you win the gold for winning the race? If you do I would be tempted to collect some gold for awhile before fixing it. When it skips you to the end of the race does it also show that you have completed the levels on your map, or can you still play the individual levels that make up the race?

Have you tried signing out of your game and restarting your device before signing back into your game?

• AmyBarrett89
    Options

I do get the gold, and it looks like I’ve played the levels and won 1 star on each. I’ve logged in and out, deleted the app and reinstalled, logged in with another account. I don’t mind getting the gold, of course, but it bothers me that I’m not winning those races fairly. I like the competitive races, lol. I think it’s one of the better ideas implemented in the last 2 years or so.

I’m using an iPhone 11, updates are current on the app and phone. This really bugs me because it’s the 2nd account I’ve had to abandon.

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 13,744 Legend
    edited August 2022
    Options

@AmyBarrett89 deleted the app and reinstalled,

That was going to be my next suggestion Amy. Did you restart your device in between deleting and reinstalling your app? If you didn't it might be worth trying that to see if it helps.

I am not to clued up on the iOS system but I have read somewhere that the iCloud can complicate issues when it comes to deleting app and browsing history. If you use the iCloud please make sure you delete your history from there as well before you reinstall the app,

If none of that works then I am afraid all you are left with is starting again. You don't have to start from level 1 again though as I believe once you have created your new account then Player Support can manually restore your game to whatever level you want.

I could be wrong but I think that maybe @bearwithme or @Crazy Cat Lad might be able to help restore your levels once you have created a new account.

• bearwithme
    bearwithme Posts: 15,959 Candy Moderator
    Options

Thanks for the tag @Alienscar🙏🏻

Hello @AmyBarrett89 - I am sorry you are having these issues. There was a glitch that was causing some players to end up skipping the rest of an episode, but I believe it has been fixed.

The Community Manager, @Crazy Cat Lad or Player Support, can restore your progress in the game.

I only play on iOS devices. The one advantage can be if you save your phone/iPad’s data to the iCloud, you can usually keep all saved lives and boosters when transferring to a new device. But as mentioned above, you do want to clear your cache to make sure whatever caused the issue isn’t still lingering on your device.

😊🐨💕

• AmyBarrett89
    Options

I did restart my phone. I do use iCloud; not sure that can be shut off to store game data locally. Thanks for letting me know that my progress can be reset. That’s great news.

• AmyBarrett89
    Options

@Crazy Cat Lad I’d definitely like my progress reset for the new account. Please let me know what you need to get that done.

Thanks!

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?