๐ŸŒถ๏ธ๐Ÿฌ Hot & Sweet right now in Candy Crush Saga!

Can somebody help me please?

Answers

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 16,202 Legend
    edited October 2022

@HaMa What do you see when you open the Microsoft Store? I see what you can see in the screenshot below.

If you look at the left-hand side of my screenshot, do you see the same buttons shown on my screenshot on your Store? That is, can you see the Home and Library buttons?

If you can see a library button, then select that and it will give you a list of your apps that need updating.

• HaMa
    HaMa Posts: 76 Level 2
    edited October 2022

Hello @Alienscar I just made a screenshot of the MS Store. Hope I can upload the pic.

The 3 vertical dots you see in the upper right corner belong to my browser (chrome), not to the shop.

Yesterday during my excursions into the Windows world, I also passed by a version of the shop as shown in your first picture. But I forgot how I got there.

The pic I just uploaded is the MS Store which I clicked with Google Search. I'm afraid that's the wrong one. However, this shop "knows" that I have the CCSage installed.

• HaMa

And here is another screen shot which I just made in Soda, but it's just to show how the game "thinks" I don't have an online connection and in my lower bar with various programs you can see that my online connection is active.

And now again my question: Shall I just dare to go ahead with clearing the cache even if I cannot sign out - because presumably I am not signed in anyway? How could I secure that after the process is done I can restart my game at the same level from which I "left"?

• HaMa

@Alienscar Good afternoon - I see there's a lot of complaints going on re. Level 2531 ... and other actual stuff - but I'll try to continue with our conversation anyway.

Today I decided to clear the cache, no matter if I'm signed in or out, no matter if I lose my progress for good and have to start from scatch again... like: so what!?

But then I saw that my browser (chrome) gives me kind of completely differen options than was shown in your screenshots. Which browser did/do you use? -- Apart from this, I also have to figure out what the options might be called in German LOL .. So even if I gather my courage to start clearing the cache ... it would be like a pilot flying blindly through the night with the option to crash into the next high mountain. LOL ๐Ÿ˜‚ Is there also a German speaking community where I could look for some guidance?

Thanks in advance for your patience with me; I'm aware that my issue must be quite tedious for you. ๐Ÿคฆ

• Alienscar

Hello @HaMa

Which browser did/do you use?

The settings in my screenshot were accessed through the Control Panel and not my browser.

If you type Internet Options into your cortana search you should be able to find it easily.

In your screenshot the cortana search is the little magnifying glass shaped icon next to the Windows symbol, bottom left of the screen.

• HaMa

Hi @Alienscar tonight I finally found my way to the Windows Store (that's what they call it in German) and was able to open the library and press "check for updates". As this took quite a long time, I did other things meanwhile, but when I returned, the 2 games were on the top of the list and the text says: "changed yesterday" ... under the ellipsis I find only useless functions like: Share, Write an Assessment and Fix on Toolbar.

So, at least I was able to handle this point in my to do list. Let's see what happens, when I succeed in clearing my cache.

Best regards,

Hazel

• Alienscar
    edited October 2022

Hello @HaMa a picture speaks a thousand words as the saying goes, so hopefully these pictures will help a little a bit.

Search for Internet Options using your cortana search

Hopefully the screenshot above makes this clear. Click on the result that you can see in the right-hand pane. The result you are looking for should say Internet Options and then have Control Panel written underneath.

Once you click on that then you should see the following Internet Properties box.

Obviously being German, yours might look different to what is shown above. The thin arrow is pointing to Browsing History and the thick arrow is pointing to Delete. Click on Delete and you should see the following.

As yours is in German and a picture can't be translated from the top you have:

Preserve Flavorites website data

Temporary Internet files and website files

Cookies and website data

History

Download History

Form Data

Passwords

Tracking Protection, ActiveX Filtering and Do Not Track dat

Untick any you do not want to delete the data from but untick the Password one if you do not know what your passwords are.

• HaMa
    edited October 2022

@Alienscar - As an old lady I might be entitled to say "You're a darling, dear!!!"

Your instructions this time are SO clear I should be able to follow them at last. I will try my best to do it this way, and when done, let you know the results (if any). Thank you so much, I hope I can finally do what I've been told. ๐Ÿ˜˜

EDIT: Wow, that was EASYPEASY! Took me just a minute to find all the stuff, and delete what I needed to delete. Now let's see if I can log into the game again. (Will let you know!)

• HaMa
    edited October 2022

Okay instead of making another EDIT (which poses the danger of the forum swalloing the whole text) ... here is my result:

NADA - nothing. At first I made the mistake of not shutting down the computer when I was done with deleting the temp int files. So I shut it down immediately afterwards and went back to the internet options, and also checked the box "form data". Shut down the laptop, waited for ca. half a minute, then started again and went straight to CCSaga. Went to "my account" and tried to check-in with my mail address and pw. (no typos there!). Result: "Connection error. Pls try again a bit later."

Did I overlook anything? I swear I worked through the routine as shown by you. Did I overlook anything which I should have done after following this routine??? (Asking because in 100% of the cases the problem of the computer is sitting right in front of it. NO? )

๐Ÿค”

• Alienscar

Your instructions this time are SO clear

Well @HaMa I just noticed I missed something vital from my instructions. I forgot to say that after you have ticked/unticked the options you want to delete you have to press the Delete button.

Did you press the Delete button.?

If you did and it hasn't worked we still need to help you delete your app cache.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?