🍫 The Chocolate Box Revamp - Any feedback?

Options

Comments

• Charleyfarley
    Charleyfarley Posts: 51 Level 2
    Options

Ty for your advice.

I don’t have any special candies in my inventory so are there any (easy if poss) levels I can play to generate a few or is the only option to buy some with gold bars ?

I was able to change the task but they weren’t much good either - 3x pass new levels or the cone with flares coming out of it. I agree the rewards are hardly worth the bother.

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 5,949 Level 5
    Options
    Neutral. I'm on the fence about the Chocolate Box. It's neither a hit nor a miss for me

Level 1060 has some on the board but I really fear you need to either buy them or wait until you get some amongst the daily boosters. The reward doesn't make the effort worth bothering. Best to just ignore.

• jpxusked
    jpxusked Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Not a fan. The Chocolate Box doesn't quite appeal to my taste. I prefer the old version

I have played this for a long time (14000+). Honestly, the new box is very annoying and click happy. You could fly through the old one and pick and choose easily. Now it's painful to cycle through to get to one you'd prefer... And now, even worse you restrict the number of changes and, most likely get stuck in an impossible choice -which leads to waiting days to lose the box to try again. Poor design choice.

• panda-7
    panda-7 Posts: 14 Level 2
    edited September 2023
    Options
    Not a fan. The Chocolate Box doesn't quite appeal to my taste. I prefer the old version

I do not like the new chocolate box. And now it only lets me scroll through the choices for a candy 3x and then I have to accept what it chooses. I like to scroll through to see what the choices are and THEN choose the one I want. One time I had to accept the last, which was to use party boosters and I have no party boosters to use.

Please at least let us be able to scroll through the choices for each candy as many times as we like and then let US choose.

Also - please put some gold pieces options back to win every so often.

• Charleyfarley
    Charleyfarley Posts: 51 Level 2
    Options

I assume that you’re unaware of how you accumulated the 9 special candies ? Unlikely you received them via the booster wheel as it’s never selected. I must have accumulated some over time but used them up, unaware I might need them in future for the chocolate box.

As everyone has pointed out, very little incentive for a lollipop/ufo for 5 mins. Certainly not worth parting with gold bars as a trade.

thanks again for your comments - Martin

• demon803
    demon803 Posts: 27 Level 2
    Options

What a horrible update, you can change your box, but you only get 3 switches, and of course I got stuck with 20 gummies. I would have taken the oranges or greens, but wanted to know my choices. I guess I won't get any boosters this chocolate box and it makes me not want to even try.

• SylviaCC
    SylviaCC Posts: 6 Level 2
    Options

It sucks!! It was ok for a few days but now you limit to 3 the times I can switch so now I can't even see what the options are before I'm locked into a choice. It is awful. Go back to the prior version PLEASE.

• LDBr
    LDBr Posts: 49 Level 2
    Options

What a joke. King says our feedback is valuable, and then they just ignore it - all the time.

The other annoying thing about this new chocolate box is that if you do complete it, it forces you to collect the reward right away. I want to choose when to claim the reward, not have it given to me when I have no lives left and can’t get the benefit of using timed rewards.

This game is becoming more and more frustrating every time there is “something new” introduced.

# The Booster Wheel is rigged - it ALWAYS stops at the same place (the colour bomb)

# The Episode Race is no longer even worth the effort because the rewards are so terrible for anyone finishing in 2nd to 5th place

# The Weekly Contest doesn’t group you with people who are at the same level in the game. How is it fair for people who are at 3000 to be competing with people at level 6000+?? They have easier levels and so always pass many more than those trying to get through the more difficult ones.

I could go on, but what’s the point. King NEVER takes feedback on board. When has anyone seen a change made based on user feedback??

• Peter_Tornaros
    Peter_Tornaros Posts: 1,992 Level 5
    Options

Your comments are spot on.

After all the overwhelming negative feedback here, they change the Chocolate Box again and make it worse !!!

Everything is now geared towards ripping money out of us, hence timed boosters becoming more and more the predominant "gift". They now also dominate the Daily Treat Calendar. Timed boosters are useless to most players and they know it !!!

I am at level 14900 therefore have no chance of winning the Weekly Contest.

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 5,949 Level 5
    Options
    Neutral. I'm on the fence about the Chocolate Box. It's neither a hit nor a miss for me

Some very good points.

When have King ever made a change based on user feedback? It feels like they do take it on board: They keep all the features players most complain about and get rid of the ones we liked, such as the candy converter. Maybe we should all write here how we "love" the new chocolate box......

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?