Please only post ideas on how we can improve the game Candy Crush Saga.
Looking for help? Check our Support and FAQ

Build a Bot boosters available for previous levels

Comments

• JLJBJLJB Posts: 22 ✭✭
    I am trying to figure out the sense of it all.  If the point is to ensnare the newbies and keep them playing the game by making the early levels very easy, as we know is the case, once they reach the harder levels and have the current Build-a-Bot, won't they be even more likely to quit as opposed to spending the money to pass because the difficulty in passing is much greater.
  • TRICIA4955TRICIA4955 Posts: 194 ✭✭✭
    King has no common sense whatsoever.  See that's what greed does to a person/company.  They no longer see us as loyal players.  Rather they see us as an endless money pit.  Well the buck stopped yesterday and they won't get another dime.  I don't care about boosters anymore.  Just keep telling yourself that.  
  • JuliusJulius Posts: 65 ✭✭✭
    Don't hold your breath for the change. King's only concern is making money, and as long as people continue to log in, they won't change a thing. 

And Elsa and all the rest of the moderators are not employees of King, and therefore they can speak to them all they want, but money and logging in are what talks. As long as people keep logging into the game to get the the boosters/freebies, they can show the investors and those in charge that the changes are not affecting anything.

You think they care about your 3.99 piggy bank purchase? Even if 500 players who buy the piggy bank once per month (way more than are logging in here and voicing complaints) all stopped playing, it wouldn't dent the bottom line.

So, don't hold your breath on King making any change.

They don't care about anything but getting the most money they can from a game that is technically free. 

My hunch is that build a bot will become a once a week thing, like 24 hours to use it the way it was as a concession to players.

You are 100% right. I don't know why folks are expecting change to that.
  • bearwithmebearwithme Posts: 3,338 Superstar
    JLJB said:
    I am trying to figure out the sense of it all.  If the point is to ensnare the newbies and keep them playing the game by making the early levels very easy, as we know is the case, once they reach the harder levels and have the current Build-a-Bot, won't they be even more likely to quit as opposed to spending the money to pass because the difficulty in passing is much greater.
    Now that it has been confirmed by a ‘newbie’ so that it appears everyone has the new bot - I would agree and think King should definitely see a drop in players. Since I’m a glass half full type of person, I am keeping my fingers crossed that King will catch a clue sooner than later and bring the old bot back. It just isn’t as much fun any more. 😔

"Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart." - Winnie the Pooh
    It's not.  It's a dreadful awful game.  

• Crimson_DawnCrimson_Dawn Posts: 1,871 Superstar
    I haven't received anything like that. What's King up to now?

Calling all Candy Crush Friends players! Check out this awesome contest and participate for the chance to win gold bars! The more people that participate in this contest, the better! Invite all your friends! Use this link to get there. Thank you!
    https://community.king.com/en/candy-crush-friends-saga/discussion/262401/help-tiffi-pick-a-costume-for-a-chance-to-win-gold-bars#latest
  • SomegirlSomegirl Posts: 116 ✭✭✭
    @Crimson_Dawn maybe it’s only for select players. Fill it out and share it everywhere. 
    Somegirl they're fishing to see how much money we spend on their games.  Zip from me.  Used to spend but not anymore.  Going to do what Dawn Marie does from here on out and enjoy them not getting a dime.  They'll come back around ;)
    Yeah, I didn't like them asking how many purchases I made either, even though I don't. That's why I didn't fill it out.

Calling all Candy Crush Friends players! Check out this awesome contest and participate for the chance to win gold bars! The more people that participate in this contest, the better! Invite all your friends! Use this link to get there. Thank you!
    https://community.king.com/en/candy-crush-friends-saga/discussion/262401/help-tiffi-pick-a-costume-for-a-chance-to-win-gold-bars#latest
  • HomeOfLoveHomeOfLove Posts: 46 ✭✭
    P2tt said:
    as i have said before , most of people in here are at high levels and have found ways to avoid spending money,  king/candy crush could care less about us. 

I don't know if that is quite true. At least with me, I only start spending money on a game after I've played it several months--I have to be invested in a game and trust it, before I will spend money on it.  Once I am invested in a game, then I want to reward the creators, so they can continue creating the game. For people saying this is a "free" game so they will never spend money on it, nothing in life is free, and if the creators don't make money, then they aren't going to continue making the "free" game. I think in general, long-term players are more likely to spend money on a game, then short-term players who don't have anything invested. 

But at this point, Candy Crush is no longer much fun. I no longer trust the game the game and after 2 months since losing the robot booster, I no longer feel invested. Even if things change back (and let's be honest, at this point they aren't going to....especially looking at the history of the new corporation that owns Candy Crush), it would take several months again before I once again felt invested and trust the game.

I've taken the advice on this thread, and have downloaded some new games to try out. It will take awhile for me to get used to and feel invested in a new game, but I have no doubt that one of them will click with me, and eventually I will support the creators of that game. I found Candy Crush after another game I was invested in, and spending money on, changed dramatically (and eventually after I quit playing it, ceased to exist.)

I know Elsa said the number of daily players has remained the same, but I wonder how many of these daily players just log-on to collect the daily bonus and play a round or 2. I know that is pretty much all I'm doing with Candy Crush these days. 
  • mercerikmercerik Posts: 2,709 Legend
    @HomeOfLove

Believe It or Not, there are people who play Candy Crush Saga who are now in the higher levels who have not spent money and I am one of them. I just completed Level 4000. Actually, I am not a short term player, I've been playing this game since 2012. I'll be here for the long haul.  

Life is a circle of happiness, sadness, hard times and good times.
    If you are going through hard times, have faith that good times are on the way.

From Star Wars Episode IX Teaser.
    (Converted from MP4 to GIF Format by: mercerik)

Candy Crush Saga Videos of Completed Levels on YouTube Playlist:
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLL7vu6Jj2SjGS_apGebfdCCj8gDFtBjzK

Candy Crush Soda Saga Videos of Completed Levels on YouTube Playlist:
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLL7vu6Jj2SjHsywh5SGbmxuEGxDUHC7gG
    YouTube CHANNEL URL:
    https://www.youtube.com/c/merlstrom

I actually beat 60 levels this week already.

I've been playing Candy Crush for a while too. I just beat level 3600.

• SomegirlSomegirl Posts: 116 ✭✭✭
    edited March 28
    Hey, this is a game let’s keep things light hearted and fun like they should bed