💡 Please only post ideas on how we can improve the game Candy Crush Saga!
🔎 Before posting, check our ideas guide HERE
🚨 Looking for help? Head over to our Support and FAQ:s

Build a Bot boosters available for previous levels

Options

Comments

• tback
    tback Posts: 8 Level 2
    Options

I am getting really frustrated with trying to build the new bot. If I am lucky I get maybe three pieces before I get stuck on a level and have to start building again. I had a full bot one time since the change, which didn’t last very long. I used to play the web version and had no idea these “extras” even existed. I just started playing on my phone in the last few months which brought the excitement back to the game. The boredom is setting back in. The only way I progress now is going back and playing levels for sugar drops, in hopes of progressing a level or two a day. Thankfully spring is upon us and I can enjoy the great outdoors again and maybe drop a few pounds in the process!

• bearwithme
    bearwithme Posts: 15,976 Candy Moderator
    Options

Now I remember Snappy’s Garden. I had it for awhile, but it was quite awhile ago. I usually have the beanstalk but it’s sporadic. I don’t have it right now. I think if I had a choice I’d prefer the ribbons over the beanstalk and definitely over Snappy’s garden. But the best is the old version of the build a bot. Everyone who is so frustrated when they lose the new bot could at least go back to an old level to build it back up.

• suester
    suester Posts: 8 Level 2
    Options

@bearwithme I was going to provide you a screen shot of the lame Snappy Garden but when I went to CC to get it I realized King even removed that incentive too. You can’t make this stuff up - absolutely no consistency and in a chaotic world I need my stress relief to be dependable 😩!

• Crimson_Dawn
    Crimson_Dawn Posts: 2,741 Level 5
    Options

My garden went away too, but that's because I had already harvested my booster. Right now my only real event is Dexter and I'm in 1st place.

• mercerik
    mercerik Posts: 3,617 Legend
    edited April 2019
    Options

Hey guys, work on Sugar Drops. I collected 16 Gold Bars and other Boosters today just by playing it. If you are having difficulty with Build-A-Bot, don't dwell on it. The more you frustrate yourself, the more you lose. I just treat it like it doesn't exist because you can't really keep up with it whether you like it or not.

• ludwig
    ludwig Posts: 6 Level 2
    Options

Please don’t get me wrong, I love that this thread has become a community of people frustrated on different aspects of the game and a revelation that maybe not everyone has the same advantage (events) at the same time.

But I do need to complain. I used to love playing this game with the old version of build a bot. Like many of you said I used it as a de-stressor. Now that it’s gone, like many of you I’ve lost the joy to play. I’ve been following this thread for a very long time hoping for change. I’ve heard reassurances but no definitive answer.

i have a genuine question for @king or whomever may be listening as a community warden. Is the reason you took away the bot/helmet etc in previous levels was because members were using it as a “cheat”? What was the reason for taking it away? Developers must have done this for a reason, and if so what was it? Maybe that’s what we should be debating.

• Lauralyn
    Lauralyn Posts: 10 Level 2
    Options

@ludwig The reason is quite simple. King wishes to have players make more purchases to advance in the game thus garnering more money for King. If the boosters are not as easy to win then some players will buy them to pass more difficult levels to advance. Personally, I have never spent money on this game and never will. I feel your lament as do many many other players. Good luck to you.

• HomeOfLove
    HomeOfLove Posts: 59 Level 3
    Options

The thing is, there is no way to buy the multiple boosters that one can use simultaneously with the bot. It would make more sense, if they were selling the old bot, but they aren't. So while I'm sure money did figure into the decision, I don't think it was the primary reason. But only King knows for sure.

• bearwithme
    Options

The two biggest advantages of having the bot is the additional cb and the three extra moves. If you play for sugar drops every day and play any of the other things King gives you (like the daily wheel and candy quests) that will allow you to build up your stash of boosters so if you get that extra cb, you can start with a double cb combo (as long as you can still reset without losing a life. That extra cb is extremely valuable, especially if you are facing a hard level. With the new bot, even getting the first cb can be a challenge if you are on a difficult level. I resort to a cb wrap or cb stripe combo depending the board.

• bearwithme
    Options

@suester - I hear you and feel your pain. There are times when I play the game and feel pressured to try and win each level the first time and if I don’t succeed I’m frustrated. Then I step back and say, this is just a game and I’m supposed to play it for fun. Then I tell myself I need to lighten up!

This discussion has been closed.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?