No longer able to exit an unstarted board without losing lives - Information and feedback

Comments

• mercerik
    mercerik Posts: 3,617 Legend
    Sofia1992 said:
    Oh @mercerik.
    Thank you. You are the my lost voice here.
    I wanted everyone to understand that King will find a solution about this mess.
    I know that everyone are mad with this mess and we all agree that this was wrong from King's side but seriously, we mustn't give up yet.
    They might bring it back or as I said, they might find something different to replace this.
    Changes happens in all mobile games all the time so, let's not lose our hopes yet.
    Hi there, @Sofia1992

As I have said, we are not here to argue or fight, we are here for a cause for the benefits of all the players and members of this Community. You can't blame them for speaking their minds. This is a Major Change that affects everyone so please let them speak! You should understand why they are mad, don't you?
  • cscotch
    cscotch Posts: 2 Newbie
    "Escape the stresses of today"
    "Relax and play candy"
    "Time to relax"
    "Swipe the stress away"

These are all messages when you open Candy Crush Saga. They might as well put on there, "Get ready to get your butt kicked by a computer game. If you like losing, this game is for you."
    "If you're looking for something to relax with, don't play this game." 

No offense, but this is how I feel now, with this change. I already was frustrated with "The Studio"...or whatever you call them...made the games harder by taking away moves and other things...but this is ridiculous. Now, I lose boosters and lives rolling the dice to see if I can get a good board. The game is about total LUCK now, and no skill. And most everyone has bad luck now with this change. Make the game FUN again, Studio!
  • SuzyFuller
    SuzyFuller Posts: 61 Level 3
    We have this idea games are supposed to be fun diversions...or provide mental stimulation. And certainly CC was that for many of us for many years. But it seems the developers are intent to make games what they've been historically: practice battles for waging war. For they have certainly pitted the players against the CMs and Superstars. As a player, I don't want to be complaining; I want to be playing the game. If I were a King representative, I probably would have chosen the occupation in part to help provide a fun experience for people. But it seems the company has lost its ability to think about the best interests of its stakeholders.

If I were a CM or a Superstar, I would be questioning why King seems to be throwing its representatives under the bus, and what this means for the future. Because this very situation occurred before, back in May. But they handled it effectively. Within 5 pages of comments, the players reported the problem, the Superstars clarified the issue and reported it to the CM, the CM contacted the Studio, and the Studio reversed the changes. Find the proof of this assertion below...

https://community.king.com/en/candy-crush-saga/discussion/257933/eliminating-reset/p5

• JethrinaBodina
    JethrinaBodina Posts: 784 Level 5
    @Sofia1992 The problem is that players are dropping out. I play a mini-game called Fantastic Five. Usually all of us in my team have points and together we earn boosters. This is todays tally from my team. Obviously people are not playing. (I actually won a level but was not credited - a whole other issue.) I don't wish to show anger to you, but to make urgent the need to make changes. I used to code (in a limited way). Anything can be brought back. 
    Your observation on players not playing has been the most pointless part of being matched with a team. They don't PLAY and you are the one that gets nothing out of the effort. There is a way to match people with those that have played at least once in the past week as well as shuffling the team on a weekly basis. These are not my friends, I can't send them lives or get them to play so why are they part of a team in the first place? I'm stuck with a team of four that rarely play. This is one of the only ways I am rewarded with a hammer. 
    King doesn't care about making their players happy which is counterproductive. It's a proven fact that happy customers SPEND MORE MONEY and pissed off customers take their business elsewhere. 
  • Sofia1992
    Sofia1992 Posts: 2,526 Level 5
    Hi @mercerik.
    Of course I understand completely the situation and respect everyone's opinion but in the first pages in this discussion , everyone started to blame @Pounawea because he announced that sad change.
    I respect that everyone are mad now and everyone can tell their opinion here about it but seriously, why to throw the blame on @Pounawea?
    It's not his fault. He just announced that as community manager that he is.
    About the changes though, only studio has the upper hand to do this so everyone must understand this at least!
  • outragedK
    outragedK Posts: 8 Level 2
    We have this idea games are supposed to be fun diversions...or provide mental stimulation. And certainly CC was that for many of us for many years. But it seems the developers are intent to make games what they've been historically: practice battles for waging war. For they have certainly pitted the players against the CMs and Superstars. As a player, I don't want to be complaining; I want to be playing the game. If I were a King representative, I probably would have chosen the occupation in part to help provide a fun experience for people. But it seems the company has lost its ability to think about the best interests of its stakeholders.

If I were a CM or a Superstar, I would be questioning why King seems to be throwing its representatives under the bus, and what this means for the future. Because this very situation occurred before, back in May. But they handled it effectively. Within 5 pages of comments, the players reported the problem, the Superstars clarified the issue and reported it to the CM, the CM contacted the Studio, and the Studio reversed the changes. Find the proof of this assertion below...

https://community.king.com/en/candy-crush-saga/discussion/257933/eliminating-reset/p5

Back in May it was an A/B test for some unlucky people.   They then compared increased spending vs retention rates and made the decision to roll this out.    Maybe one or two of product managers felt like it may be a bad karma to reach this level of ass clownery, but year bonuses for increasing revenue targets would not pay
  • xofxof
    xofxof Posts: 13 Level 2
    Sofia1992 said:
    Hi @mercerik.
    Of course I understand completely the situation and respect everyone's opinion but in the first pages in this discussion , everyone started to blame @Pounawea because he announced that sad change.
    I respect that everyone are mad now and everyone can tell their opinion here about it but seriously, why to throw the blame on @Pounawea?
    It's not his fault. He just announced that as community manager that he is.
    About the changes though, only studio has the upper hand to do this so everyone must understand this at least!
    I don’t think everybody blamed him/her. Please don’t take somebody saying “you” personal. It is not about a person. It is about the change. And now please stop leading the discussion into a direction of personal feelings of being blamed. 

I also must say that someone who is a messenger has certain connection to the developers because he is informed about the change and he knows who to speak to. 
    All that I can do is post something here or write a message to King which I did and wasn’t responded. 

So of course he will be addressed with the frustration and the rage. Because nobody who is not “only the messenger” shows up here and justifies what was intended by this change. 

And now change it back, King!
  • mercerik
    mercerik Posts: 3,617 Legend
    edited December 2019
    @SuzyFuller

Hi Suzy! I remember this issue. Before I saw this, I didn't even know that the Free Board Reset was existing. This was the time that I started using this feature on Extremely Difficult and Impossible To Complete Levels. I am sorry @Pounawea but this proves that your Claim that this feature was an Unintended Issue is False. You have to admit that this was a Built-In Feature.

This Message Below Is For Everyone

This Free Board Reset was put in place for so many years for a reason. According to some players, this has been a part of the game for 7 years. Members/Players will have to put two and two together on this. Everything that King Games and the Team do are interrelated. How long has it been since Game Levels were altered, cutting down the moves and making them more difficult to pass or complete? How long has it been since members of this Community have been complaining of not being able to Send and Receive Lives from Friends? They knew that players cannot play without lives. Players have only 3 options to stay in the game: wait for the free 5 lives after 30 minutes; buy lives to play right away; or quit the game altogether to save money

Wasn't it recently that they created a Feedback Thread because they want to know what the members like about the Game? Wasn't it recently that they put up 2 Video Competitions for players to share their thoughts about the Team and what they love about the Game? The winners of these Competitions were randomly selected. King Games and the Team were not really looking for the best Video submitted. Otherwise, the winners would have been selected based on merit. These competitions were intended for collecting information on how addicted the players are.

Whether some of you here believe this or not, this Community was created as a part of the business strategy. They needed members to spearhead and keep this Community moving. Community Games for prizes were used to see who among these members would be good candidates based on their interactions and their level of gratefulness on these Threads. Loyalty is the criteria for picking members as volunteers to serve this Community. I don't know what these members get to win their loyalty. Are they worth not supporting the co-members when time comes? This is for them to figure out. 

I am not here to pick a fight with anyone. I am here to open your eyes and give you something to think about.

Thanks for reading this message!
  • dlots
    dlots Posts: 1 Newbie
    Undo this change directly. It’s no fun anymore. You wil lose many players. 
This discussion has been closed.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?