💡 Please only post ideas on how we can improve the game Candy Crush Saga!
🔎 Before posting, check our ideas guide HERE
🚨 Looking for help? Head over to our Support and FAQ:s

Accommodate color blindness disability in Candy Crush

bccb
bccb Posts: 5 Level 2
edited October 2020 in Tiffi's Idea Library
Color blindness is a common disability, affecting approximately 4% of the population. For people with this disability, it is impossible to distinguish Candy Crush’s blue/purple and sometimes orange/green. For most candies that are shaped differently per color, that is not an issue. However, for objects such as bombs and fish, where all colors are the same shape, many game levels become virtually unplayable. This seems like a fairly straightforward fix that would help a large number of your customers.  
41 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• hoopie
    hoopie Posts: 6 Level 2
    The colour scheme definitely needs reviewing. I’m sure that colour blindness in all severity’s and colour bands affect more than 3,000,000 people in the U.K. alone and possibly 300,000,000 in the world. That’s potentially a lot of candy crushers and something King should seriously be looking to address. 
    The question still begs, why are the colours so close and why not more contrasted? Is it so it makes the game slightly more tricky, the chance of player error higher?
  • _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,882 Sweet Legend
    Thanks for posting this idea @bccb!  There are a couple of websites that I can suggest regarding this disability but I still want to keep this idea open.

• bccb
    @Elsa I’m familiar with these settings. Unfortunately, they don’t improve the situation in Candy Crush, at least for me on iOS. King really needs to change the colors and/or shapes to accommodate color blindness. 
  • _Elsa_
    Thanks for getting back to me.  I can't even begin to imagine what you must go through when you don't see the colors clearly.  I have a visual problem, legally blind in one eye so my other eye has to work for both.  So I totally understand vision problems but it's got to be very difficult trying to play the game.  Is it certain colors that are off more than others?
  • bccb
    Mostly blue and purple look the same, sometimes orange and green. It’s not a problem on most levels where the pieces are different shapes, but a nightmare with bombs and a few others. 
  • _Elsa_
    That's very true that I never thought of the candy shapes for the colors.  It's amazing how our bodies learn to interpret things in a different way when we have these problems.  I heard from someone once that most of the colors looked like beige to him.  So can everyone have a different type of color blindness?  I always thought that everyone had the same problem as he did but now you showed me that everyone is different.  The orange and green has to be really hard.  The blue and purple are kind of close in color.   Well the more votes that we get the better the chances of getting the studio to find other ways of doing things.  As a matter of fact, I am going to tag @Pounawea who is the community manager for this game.  Perhaps he can bring this up to the studio and to let them know that the links I offered are not helpful.
  • bccb
    Thank you. I appreciate your thoughtful responses. 
  • nevahley
    nevahley Posts: 15 Level 2

Well people that have this disability can normally tell the difference by the shade of being dark or light but its still hard to tell the difference between the shades cause there are a lot of light shades colors and dark shaded colors maybe we can do a black and white instead of colors so the color blind person can do the same

• nevahley
    nevahley Posts: 15 Level 2

But just make it the same thing just different colors

• Erisha
    Erisha Posts: 1 Newbie

Im facing a problem with candy crush i had logged out my id . And when i open it i lost my all the booster which is about hundred after seeing this i dont want to play this game its that dont do the same with other because it heart a kot to those who only use to play only this game i am playing this last 1 year but now i am done after losing my all the boosters.

This discussion has been closed.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?