Is Your Candy crush Soda game running fast?

Options

Answers

• Lady_Choo
    Lady_Choo Posts: 24,472 Pet Rescue Moderator
    Options

No update in sight, apparently. My game designer=sociopath hypothesis seems to be gaining momentum.

Sorry Cez has been in meetings all day, she will see my post tomorrow!
  • Cezdiamond
    Cezdiamond Posts: 6,498 Community Manager
    Options

Hello everyone-  Thank you so much for your comments. 

I appreciate the time you've taken to forward me your information, we are always striving to improve the playing experience. This is indeed a test feature and is not likely to be permanent. 

Please know that we have passed on all of your feedback and comments :-) 

Thank you!

• alreadyjam
    alreadyjam Posts: 5 Level 2
    Options

Hey Tralfaz Wizard, unfortunately not. The studios tend to work as they please it seems lol. They only seem to pass on information if requested and tend to keep everything else "inhouse" I think a lot depends on the data they get back too. I have known tests not last long and then some seem to last months if not years and then vanish never to be seen again. 

I suspect in a case where a test is very unpopular and causing sight issues it wouldn't last as long as others but I don't know. I can ask the moderator tomorrow if she has any other info, but I do know she is monitoring this thread so if you can get any friends who play and who have an opinion about it either way, to post, the more the better :)

Has anyone said they love it? I know when I first started playing the crushes, if you beat the level, the candy crush or soda crush was going on and on, which I could do without (but still want my bonus), but I noticed odd candy colors would drop so special candies would be less likely to be created. During game play, I find it hard to concentrate on my goal, and it's hard to see what my move did, as well as hitting the wrong candy a bunch a bunch a bunch of times! A lot of other kinds of games (not match-3) might have a setting to 2x or 3x speed, so I could see that applying to this for some players. If there are fans of this change, they are not likely to look up forums to say how much more fun the game is for them that they don't have to wait so long, but this just seems so unpopular so far. I can't enjoy the game at high speed. When will we know?
  • Lady_Choo
    Lady_Choo Posts: 24,472 Pet Rescue Moderator
    Options

Hey Tralfaz Wizard, unfortunately not. The studios tend to work as they please it seems lol. They only seem to pass on information if requested and tend to keep everything else "inhouse" I think a lot depends on the data they get back too. I have known tests not last long and then some seem to last months if not years and then vanish never to be seen again. 

I suspect in a case where a test is very unpopular and causing sight issues it wouldn't last as long as others but I don't know. I can ask the moderator tomorrow if she has any other info, but I do know she is monitoring this thread so if you can get any friends who play and who have an opinion about it either way, to post, the more the better :)

No not heard anyone say they like it so far :(
  • Tralfaz_Wizard
    Tralfaz_Wizard Posts: 14 Level 2
    edited April 2018
    Options

I wonder if there is a correlation between how much $ one has spent on the game and whether or not one was "chosen" for the test. I myself have never spent a dime on any King games (although I am a loyal paying customer of Activision Blizzard, the company that owns King. But I'm not sure they would know that, since I use my Facebook identity here.) A "test" like this would be a good way to drive off non-paying users.BTW, reinstalling the game is bad advice for someone who has built up a lot of boosters unless is is absolutely necessary. They all get lost if the game is deleted off the device.
  • alreadyjam
    Options

I don't think driving off non-paying customers is a good strategy, because anyone might pay, even if they never did before. Data point: I have never paid for it, and I was "chosen", but I do think it's more possible they don't want to drive away paying customers. Today, I feel like it's not bouncing so much. It's still moving more than is enjoyable. I am stuck on a horribly impossible level and can't create special candies as much, but the matching seems more abrupt than bouncy. I still hate it. I can't take it much longer.
  • Tralfaz_Wizard
    Options

I'm also stuck on a hard level and I lost all my boosters, so I'll be there for a while. No change in the speed or bounciness. If I understood CS correctly, I don't think we'll see a change until a new update happens. Hopefully that will be soon.
  • alreadyjam
    Options

I hope so. I think it seems less bouncy but the removed pieces just disappear and I can't follow what's going on, like they removed the bouncing but not the speed, so it's still annoying. I'm not saying they are cheating, but it feels like my moves are being cheated at this speed. I tried BGH today and it was the same usual levels and they seemed harder to finish. I couldn't get past the 2nd or 3rd one 90% of the time on a 30 minutes infinite play. If they are trying to get players to pay, they are doing the opposite. I am much less likely to pay if it feels like the game isn't being fair, and stops being fun. BEGGING TO HAVE IT BACK THE WAY IT WAS. What do I have to dooooooo?????
  • Tralfaz_Wizard
    Options

It's been a few days now.  Still no answers.

• alreadyjam
    Options

It's been a few days now.  Still no answers.

App Store says Candy Crush Soda updated on April 4, so it's been 10 days of this utter nonsense.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?