Soda Candy Crush screen will not rotate (This is intended)!

Options

Answers

• Colleen_Shibley
    Colleen_Shibley Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    Ugh I was coming here to find a solution to this exact problem. I thought it was an iPad setting my husbands game doesn’t act the same way. Why would switching from landscape to portrait every time you pass a level be a better gaming experience? It is annoying as h*ll!!
  • Colleen_Shibley
    Colleen_Shibley Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    Ugh I was coming here to find a solution to this exact problem. I thought it was an iPad setting my husbands game doesn’t act the same way. Why would switching from landscape to portrait every time you pass a level be a better gaming experience? It is annoying as h*ll!!
    And for the record I don’t have a problem switching to portrait to play a specific game. What is annoying is passing a level. It takes you to the map, you have to rotate your iPad, select the next level then rotate again to landscape and the cycle continues just makes no sense at all!!
  • rmpmap
    rmpmap Posts: 23 Level 2
    Options
    Colleen I agree.  It’s very annoying. I just don’t think they know how to fix it 
  • Mojeesha
    Mojeesha Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
     I have vision problems and can see much easier in landscape. If you all don’t want to fix it so I don’t have to juggle my iPad to play something I have problems seeing, I can drop King games altogether. 
  • Yosca
    Yosca Posts: 15,122 Soda Moderator
    Options
    Hi guys, we have a thread about this rotation here. Read all about it and give your feedback. Maybe things can be changed 🙏🏻
  • mamayo
    mamayo Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    I play Soda in the landscape position on my iPad. At least I did until a few days ago. Now it will only show up in portrait and I hate it. Can the developers please make a correction to the game so I can go back to landscape?
  • PummyRaj
    PummyRaj Posts: 33,026 Candy Moderator
    Options
    Hello @mamayo, Hearty Welcome to our friendly King Community :) 

I am sorry to hear about the issue in your game!!  By any chance, do you have the special feature called "Kimmy's Arcade" in your game?  If so, that is the reason that you are being asked to "flip" your device to play that feature!

If you do not have that feature yet, but still, the game has changed to "Portrait" mode, this could be a test that was run by the Soda Team!! 

My game also has this change now, and I too am not very fond of it!!  But, only good thing is, we are able to play the levels in Landscape mode only!  And, once we step into the levels, until we go to the "Map" screen. it is staying in the "Landscape" mode!

Once I know more info about this change, I will get back and update you!  Till then, I request you to please be patient!

Thank you very much for understanding!  If you need to post back a reply, please tap on "Type your Comment" box located below. 

Thank you for posting in the Community!  Have a great rest of the day/evening!
  • QueenB
    QueenB Posts: 13,660 Community Manager
    Options
    Hi everyone,

To find out the last update on this, please check out our accepted answer here.

Thanks for all your feedback and patience 🙏
  • rmpmap
    rmpmap Posts: 23 Level 2
    Options
    This is a ridiculous reason.  I don’t have this kimmies arcade. My necks hurts 😬 And I refuse to shut screen rotation off for one game. Everything I do is in landscape mode. 
  • EveryMan
    EveryMan Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options
    The link that PummyRaj posted on January 13 is broken. 

For people who have played this for years on a tablet in a case with a keyboard, having to flip it over every. single. time. you finish a level, it's awkward and frustrating. I played this game more because I didn't have to hold my iPad up--just set it on the table/desk/lap/whatever and I could charge it at the same time. I've spent more time on this game over the years than I care to admit. It was always my go-to when I had some spare time. 

If it was just for the arcade, fine. That part of the game is optional right? 

In general, it doesn't matter what the app or game is, requiring the user to rotate back and forth constantly is BAD DESIGN.
This discussion has been closed.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?