Soda Candy Crush screen will not rotate (This is intended)!

Options

Answers

• Beels44
    Beels44 Posts: 5 Level 2
    Options
    They’ve changed the main level page on Candy Crush but not the necessity to rotate the screen...granted it looks odd in landscape but if it means I don’t have to move my screen, I can live with it. I don’t understand why they can’t do this with Candy Crush Soda?! 🤨
  • rmpmap
    rmpmap Posts: 23 Level 2
    Options
    Exactly what @everyman said. I honestly think they are just making up their reasoning because when I first reported it I was told they didn’t know why it was happening and they couldn’t replicate it. I usually quit games that are an inconvenience and candy crush sofa is next. After all it’s only a game right 😫
  • jammyboom
    jammyboom Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    This is annoying me no end. The portrait map is quite irritating, but ok. And yes, I can play levels in landscape, but then when you play a reward video to get a couple of extra moves, for example, the screen switches to portrait and the video stays in landscape, which means the x to close it is not on the screen. I just want to play the main levels in landscape mode without glitches due to poor programming. Please sort your game out.
  • seagrapelam
    seagrapelam Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    I refuse to play it until this is fixed. So far the other candy crush games don’t have this. Please fix.
  • jcstorlie
    jcstorlie Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    I will no longer be playing King games because of the portrait view.  Players should have a choice whether they want to play in landscape or portrait view.  It’s been fun but I’m done playing
  • mrsh234
    mrsh234 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    I’ve uninstalled. When you stop forcing the orientation, please send email updates and I’ll come back. Otherwise enjoy the money you have from last purchase as I’m leaving it behind. Yea, it’s that bad. 
  • EveryMan
    EveryMan Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options
    The link that PummyRaj posted on January 13 is broken. 

For people who have played this for years on a tablet in a case with a keyboard, having to flip it over every. single. time. you finish a level, it's awkward and frustrating. I played this game more because I didn't have to hold my iPad up--just set it on the table/desk/lap/whatever and I could charge it at the same time. I've spent more time on this game over the years than I care to admit. It was always my go-to when I had some spare time. Now, it's just frustrating. 

If it was just for the arcade, fine. That part of the game is optional right? 

In general, it doesn't matter what the app or game is, requiring the user to rotate back and forth constantly is BAD DESIGN.
  • KikKik
    KikKik Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options
  • rebeccaarthur
    rebeccaarthur Posts: 0 Newbie
    Options
    When I open the app it starts out in landscape but after the game opens it flips making playing the game unenjoyable. My preferred screen for this game is landscape. I was not having this problem until the game updated two days ago. 
  • bgwamom
    bgwamom Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    The changes are Terrible. Landscape mode sucks now because portrait is thrown at us every few minutes. This is awful. I agree. 
This discussion has been closed.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?