New feature - Mr Toffee's Fair!

Options

Comments

• nothappyjan
    nothappyjan Posts: 27 Level 2
    Options
    Like a lot of people here, I have joined this forum just because I hate Mr Toffee so much.

I never join forums. 

My complaints are the same as most of the regular players' comments before this. I am so tired of playing this stupid quest.  I like it when I can do it on my own; when my 'team mates' don't block the plays required to finish the lines. Honestly. If you don't plan on finishing your end of the deal, leave it to the rest of us who will. You will get your bonus just for playing.

Today I finished some difficult levels to leave the easy collect 150 cyran candies to the less concerned. That line is still blocked and I have the choice of tomorrow playing another couple of tiles but not finishing any lines to redeem any bonus.

Dear King, why oh why don't you let us have our old quests back, so we can happily play this game.

• nothappyjan
    nothappyjan Posts: 27 Level 2
    Options
    PS. I should say, the only time I even remotely like this game now is when I have the full board with no-one else blocking it, but all in all, it is a big step down from how much enjoyment I used to have playing this. It is the only King game I still have. I've deleted Crush, Jelly and Pets and unless the original quests come back, this will be deleted too.
  • Suzie-4
    Suzie-4 Posts: 28 Level 2
    Options
    Just tried MTF for first time. I have to use free switch. I don’t understand. Where does the free switch come from? I don’t have any and if I buy ( which I won’t) it won’t be free. What a rubbish game. Having read all the 44 pages of negative posts I should not have started it. Players must be leaving all the time.
    suzie -4
  • Jami_Fagala
    Jami_Fagala Posts: 71 Level 3
    Options
    Suzie-4 you have to use one of your switches. If you don’t have any then you have to purchase some. I would suggest going for a different row or column. I usually try for lines that don’t require using a booster to complete. Sometimes that doesn’t work because your “teammates” block you but mostly that’s how I try to do it. Good luck. 
  • Suzie-4
    Suzie-4 Posts: 28 Level 2
    Options
    Thanks for  the tips,  Jami_Fagala, but I’m not into buying. I’ve seen so many stories of orders not turning up  it is clearly not reliable. 
    I have noticed very few adverts appear  lately and all with option to skip. Without this revenue maybe King is hoping to make some money selling boosters instead.
  • Dirty_Nurse
    Dirty_Nurse Posts: 555 Level 4
    Options
    Yosca said:
    @Dirty_Nurse. I’m on the maximum level, never spend money, had the quests, lost it, didn’t get Toffee, got quests back, lost it yesterday and now have Toffee ugh. Don’t like this, no fun, only 2 tiles per day and my mates do nothing. 
    @marscrushinit. Same for me, I tried it yesterday, and no fun at all.

Give my quests back please!!!!
    That’s awful.  Thanks for your reply though, I thought perhaps the group of players in my position were left alone while everyone else that either buys stuff or hasn’t completed all of the levels had the Farce forced upon them.  I guess it’s just random then.  One thing’s for sure, if I ever receive it I’m not even going to open the thing I’m simply going to ignore it completely.
  • ROBCamra
    ROBCamra Posts: 64 Level 3
    Options
    I've now tried Mr Tossers Fair for two days and have completed 4 squares, but as other users have said before I am now blocked my a supposed "Teammate". 

The key to having success as a team in real life is communication. We need to be able to communicate with our teammates for the duration of the board, even if they stay anonymous.

I would like to ask a teammate to :-

a) Get off a square if they're not going to do anything with it
    b) Ask for help completing a line. For example I was on a Superhard level that I was struggling to get through and one of the squares was collect 590 red candies. My level didn't have any red candies on it. I would have liked to ask a teammate to take on the challenge for the good of the team.

You asked for suggestions, so here is one.

I don't suppose you'll do anything about it though or even acknowledge the input.
  • LauraLMason
    LauraLMason Posts: 411 Level 4
    Options
    @ROBCamra In the Ideas section someone came up with the idea of Mr Toffee Chat  that has similar thoughts you could add to.. I also included something about More Teamwork that mentions a few of these things if we have to try to deal with Mr Toffee. However, I have mentioned many times in this forum that forcing team play the way it is for boosters does not work well.  If they wont put Quests back, Mr. Toffee really needs to be considered as a solo challenge with various other improvements as well.
  • Yosca
    Yosca Posts: 15,074 Soda Moderator
    Options
    If everyone hates Toffee, we better all ignore him.
  • dalec
    dalec Posts: 24 Level 2
    Options
    I doubt the people blocking squares are really "people", just computer programming in an effort to get you to spend money. It's an insult to our intelligence.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?