New feature - Mr Toffee's Fair!

Options

Comments

• Mark_Adcock
    Mark_Adcock Posts: 119 Level 3
    Options
    Clover_7 said:

If they are trying to persuade us to purchase boosters, then it’s having the opposite effect on me, as they have taken all the fun out of the game. 
    I'm afraid the entire game revolves around players buying boosters. They are a business after all.

Personally I see no point in spending a single penny on something that has no material value. Why pay for a booster to help clear a level, knowing full well you are going to probably be stuck on the next one? And the next? And so on. Especially when the game is so transparent, so rigged. How many times does a player need one or two more moves to finish a level and the program refuses to let them ... unless they buy a booster or extra moves? When you reach the higher levels, the game is just a test of patience. You hope it gives you that lucky board and the level plays itself, or you are just doomed to fail from move one. Like you say - they have sucked all the fun out of the game.
  • Brian_Tate
    Brian_Tate Posts: 73 Level 3
    Options
    Clover_7 said:
    I have tried Mr Toffee, it seemed only fair to judge it for myself. I found it to be exactly as described so well by everyone here and I won’t be playing it again. For the first time today I found I really couldn’t be bothered to play the game at all and I’ve played from the very beginning.

If they are trying to persuade us to purchase boosters, then it’s having the opposite effect on me, as they have taken all the fun out of the game. 
    Yup slow inconstant play with no payoff literally at least give me the boosters I earn WTF?

• Clover_7
    Clover_7 Posts: 24 Level 2
    Options
    I'm afraid the entire game revolves around players buying boosters. They are a business after all.
    I understand that they need to make money - what I don’t understand is how ‘Mr Toffee’ can make them money? Do some people really buy boosters to possibly win others boosters?

I agree the higher levels are impossible without boosters. Again, are there really that many people prepared to buy boosters to complete every level?
  • LizzyLemondrop
    LizzyLemondrop Posts: 805 Level 5
    Options
    Is there a maximum time that a "team mate" can sit doing nothing before they get replaced by a new team mate? Because if there isn't, there should be. A total of 24 hours, so that the participating players can try to complete the tile the sleeping player was sitting on the next day.
  • Anne_Martin
    Anne_Martin Posts: 299 Level 4
    edited May 2019
    Options
    how much does Google pay them for the commercials? how much less if they lose half of their customers?
    that is our only power...

• Birdgirl
    Birdgirl Posts: 26 Level 2
    Options
    I haven't been playing the game for the past week and because it is no longer fun, I haven't missed it.  I miss the old game, but not playing this disgrace of a game didn't cause any pain at all.  As several have already noted, the only weapon we have is boycott as our suggestions and complaints have gone nowhere.  
  • Dirty_Nurse
    Dirty_Nurse Posts: 555 Level 4
    Options
    Birdgirl said:
    I haven't been playing the game for the past week and because it is no longer fun, I haven't missed it.  I miss the old game, but not playing this disgrace of a game didn't cause any pain at all.  As several have already noted, the only weapon we have is boycott as our suggestions and complaints have gone nowhere.  
    I agree, and I find it very odd that King does absolutely nothing with the thousands of complaints about MTF yet in a different far-less-popular game of theirs - Pyramid Solitaire Saga - they responded very quickly by removing an unpopular feature( the highlighting of playable cards) after many, MANY less complaints.  Makes no sense at all whatsoever.  Perhaps they’re getting desperate for more revenue?
  • Anne_Martin
    Anne_Martin Posts: 299 Level 4
    Options
    I'll say it again, the CEO of Activision considers 2018 as one of their best years...
    It does not make any sense. 
    The game is more rigged every day, the boosters impossible unless you buy them, and the trust is gone. 
    What do they want? 
  • LauraLMason
    LauraLMason Posts: 411 Level 4
    Options
    Some tiles can take a while to complete especially if certain combos are hard to make or you are stuck on a level. This is where it may look like someone isn't doing anything. This is where it would be nice if a teammate was able to request help completing a tile. Also, if they arent going to have time to play let someone else try to finish. We can't be constantly playing 24 hours a day. There is more to life!
  • boxer6
    boxer6 Posts: 91 Level 3
    Options
    Senator Holly from Missouri is trying to have regulations put on King because kids are being enticed to buy lives and boosters. Parents are not amused when they get their credit card bill. Think they have got too greedy.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?