New feature - Mr Toffee's Fair!

Options

Comments

• _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,695 Sweet Legend
    Options
    hmmm.... yes, we all looked at the gold pins, etc, to notice it is a tasteless joke.
    Still, if I had bought a company for 5,000,000,000, I would hesitate before destroying it, would not you? And unless all people working for Activision are blind and stupid,  they know they are doing it. 
    You can appreciate the silence of Xarly, Foley, or even Elsa. As soon as we discuss the problem, they vanish.
    How could they create MTF and not be able to give people what they have won? at the same time, they can take the tasks away in a blink, etc. 

Hi @Anne_@Anne_Martin I haven't vanished.  Sometimes I have to take a step back just to breathe.  I don't always have the answers and it's very frustrating from my end.  I've been doing things behind the scene like working on blogs for my Candy Crush website and now I'm gathering information to make a blog in the fun areas of our games.  I am looking for trivia on all the 4 Candy Crush game characters and it's pretty interesting reading what Wiki has to say about Tiffi and the villains.  That is why I have been quiet this week.  So my friend, how are you doing?   I know not too happy with not getting an answer on this.  I have my thoughts on this too but as a Superstar I want to keep those thoughts to myself right now.  One day maybe I'll share some of my thoughts with you but for now, I am looking at the messages, not always having the answers and this week I have taken a step back to regroup my brain.
  • aniwells
    aniwells Posts: 21 Level 2
    Options
    I think it's silly to worry about one person's feelings when these types of comments are being made en masse like they are.  It is not personal it is a massive set of comments from those that have allowed themselves to get sucked into this silly game that has reached such unbelievable successes.  I originally told myself I'd never pay for boosters, but as I got more and more addicted I have occasionally paid my hard earned $.  But I did it when I knew it would help me complete a very hard part of the game that even my tireless efforts to win the quests could not get me through.  WE are your game and its' popularity.... and we may be silly enough to spend many, many hours playing and sharing. But read what we are saying.  I feel sure we are not so addicted that we'll continue playing if we have to buy just to go a level or two ahead, and certainly not if I have to play with teams that aren't there goals to win that require buying the boosters I can no longer win!  Most of all I want to know, why are you folks no to your dedicated players.  It makes me feel you just think we are mindless idiots.... which makes you folks what????
  • Clover_7
    Clover_7 Posts: 24 Level 2
    Options
    I would be interested in hearing what the Superstars think of Mr Toffee?
  • Mark_Adcock
    Mark_Adcock Posts: 119 Level 3
    Options
    Rather than sitting down and coming up with garbage like MTF, why not get in a brand new set of developers who have at least a modicum of imagination - instead of simply filling a level with so many blockers, reducing the moves and calling it "Hard", where the only way to win is to combine a colouring candy with a colour bomb. 

Such levels soon become tedious, mind-numbing bores. If the intention was to suck the fun out of playing, then give the devs a pat on the back from me - job done.
  • LizzyLemondrop
    LizzyLemondrop Posts: 805 Level 5
    Options
    Quick Question: If I stop working on a Task to try and do a different one, will the progress I made towards the first task still count? For example: If I choose to do the "Complete 3 Frosting Levels" and complete two, but then I switch over to "Complete 3 Jelly Levels" and complete one of those, will the two frosting levels still count that I did them? Or does the task reset?
  • LizzyLemondrop
    LizzyLemondrop Posts: 805 Level 5
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Rather than sitting down and coming up with garbage like MTF, why not get in a brand new set of developers who have at least a modicum of imagination - instead of simply filling a level with so many blockers, reducing the moves and calling it "Hard", where the only way to win is to combine a colouring candy with a colour bomb...
    I must admit, I find it tedious and upsetting that lately all levels do indeed require this "magical mixture" to complete... I've even used all three of the best boosters (Color Bomb fused with Coloring Candy, plus Double Delish Fish) still only to end up loosing the level anyway. The level ratings need to be readjusted, because any level that requires you to complete a level under perfect circumstances with multiple boosters should be labeled Ultra Hard.
  • BeckyBubblegum
    BeckyBubblegum Posts: 536 Level 5
    edited May 2019
    Options
    @Mark_Adcock and @LizzyLemondrop, I have had countless levels where I could not pass them no matter how many boosters I used. Lately, I have been spending upwards of 1-2 hrs trying to complete a single level. Sometimes I get stuck on a level for two solid days. It isn't from a lack of trying, I can assure you!
    I agree that the level ratings must be adjusted. And for ultra-hard levels, I think there should be more of a reward for completing them. If I spend 2 days trying to pass a level, I think I deserve something more than the meager satisfaction of moving on to the next one! :dizzy:
  • Anne_Martin
    Anne_Martin Posts: 299 Level 4
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Stuck on a super hard level. I don't have any booster left, as when the quests disappeared without warning, I was finishing them and was expecting my almost daily reward a couple of hours later. If it does not work, I'll have to quit...
    With a striped and a couple of pinks, I would have got the level a while ago.
    @LizzyLemondrop, if you quit a task you lose what you have done. At least for me... I picked up frosting levels, passed 3, Mr Stupid and Cheating pretends I only passed one. Lovely, no?
    @Elsa, good lick for your blog. I hope you have fun. I am upset at not having fun with the game anymore. I still have 2 hours on my super hard level, and don't even want to play. A bit sad.
    @marscrushinit , I never said Foley's help was fake. I say and repeat the moves the game shows you are not the best ones usually There is the fake help and I don't understand the reason for it. It prevents you from seeing the board properly and may confuse you.
    I feel totally negative about Mr Stupid, like 100% of the players. I believe Activision is doing a gross mistake, which will cost them a lot if they don't correct it, to speak the only language they seem to understand. 
  • _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,695 Sweet Legend
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Clover_7 said:
    I would be interested in hearing what the Superstars think of Mr Toffee?
    Hi @Clover_7, as a Superstar would you like to know what I think of Mr. Toffee?  I haven't played it since the first week that I got it.  I don't like it!  I don't want it!  I don't need it!  My feelings are not much different than everyone here. 

Are any of you playing any other games besides this one?  I play all 4 candy crush games, Blossom Blast and Farm Heroes.  I don't even use all 5 lives on each game because I give up after the 2nd or 3rd try.  But it's distracting me from just this one game.  I'm addicted and I will admit it!  So I spread my frustration out on all 6 games.   But I also do play non-King games too.
  • Mark_Adcock
    Mark_Adcock Posts: 119 Level 3
    Options
    @Mark_Adcock and @LizzyLemondrop, I have had countless levels where I could not pass them no matter how many boosters I used. Lately, I have been spending upwards of 1-2 hrs trying to complete a single level. Sometimes I get stuck on a level for two solid days. It isn't from a lack of trying, I can assure you!
    I agree that the level ratings must be adjusted. And for ultra-hard levels, I think there should be more of a reward for completing them. If I spend 2 days trying to pass a level, I think I deserve something more than the meager satisfaction of moving on to the next one! :dizzy:
    Becky, 1-2 hours on a single level? Depending what level you're on, that's pretty good going! I'm on 1690, never used a single booster, but it takes a day or so to beat most levels. Not bragging - there is zero skill or strategy to this game. The program decides when to let you pass. It doesn't matter what moves you make, everything is pre-ordained before you start. Virtually every level is the same - it brings in rubbish to ensure you fail; then it lets you get closer to winning but you still fail; then it lets you get soooo close, because it wants to tempt you to buy extra moves or something; then eventually it lets you pass by bringing in all sorts of combos, making it so easy a 5 year-old could win. Next level - rinse and repeat. Like you said, that is your only reward...Good luck!

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?