After Ad screen goes black - (Collecting details for investigation)!

Options

Answers

• Pfnoyes
    Pfnoyes Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    My screen started to black after ads this morning 5/30/19
  • RipplesGuy
    RipplesGuy Posts: 8 Level 2
    Options
    I'm glad others are taking the time to post that they are also having the same issue as that may help developers recognize just how widespread the issue is. For users who are reading this...if this is happening to you, it may also help to mention what device/phone you're using and also what version of the operating system you're running!
  • PummyRaj
    PummyRaj Posts: 33,102 Candy Moderator
    Options
    Thanks for this update, Xarly. I appreciated learning from others that it works to just watch the entire ad and not skip it. There is this one *really* long add that is a review of an auto, but hey it gives me a chance to take a break! :) 
    Hello @Xarly

Like @RipplesGuy, @jforjunk mentioned, the black screen appears ONLY when the "Skip Ad" option is chosen and if we let them play for those 5 minutes or so, then there is no issue!!  There are about 3 varieties of Long Ads are running as of now!!  

On my iPad, only way to come out of it is to close the game & restart the device.  Otherwise, the Black screen is not going away!!  But in the process, I have lost my "Rainbow Road" costume :( 
  • mlacourse
    mlacourse Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    I am having same issues. Using iPad and have reinstalled... seems to work if I play the entire ad.
  • Xarly
    Xarly Posts: 2,509 Community Manager
    Options
    Thank you all for the reports,

We will keep sending them to the studio as they keep trying to find the cause of the issue and fix it.

Cheers,
    Xarly
  • glhelou
    glhelou Posts: 5 Level 2
    Options
    Same issue. iPhone 8+ running 12.3.1
    Followed all previous advice over past few days and reinstalled app losing all my boosters. Because it’s a bug and I followed guidance provided, can I get my boosters back? Had 76 lollipops, 123 bombs, 107 coloring candies, and 97 fish. It took a LONG time to collect those!
  • Nat_and_Maddison
    Nat_and_Maddison Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    jforjunk said:
    Hi. I also have the same issue. If I let the ad play and click on the “x” it works.  However, if I select skip ad, the screen goes blank.  Also the extra reward that was supposed to come from watching the ad doesn’t show up.  No extra moves or bonus reward at the start of the level. This is definitely not an iOS issue
    RipplesGuy said:
    I just wanted to chime in the I’m having the same issue iPhone 7+ and  iOS 12.2. I tried restarting phone with no luck. 
    I am having the same issues 😬
  • Suzie-4
    Suzie-4 Posts: 28 Level 2
    Options
    Same issues here on both iphone 6s and ipad 10. Even worse, if you run the long boring ads to the end and then click x , more often than not, the screen STILL GOES BLACK.
    Suzie-4
  • Xarly
    Xarly Posts: 2,509 Community Manager
    Options
    Hi all,

Just wanted to let you know this issue is one of the team's top priorities now and it's been escalated based on your feedback. They are currently working on an actual fix and hopefully next week we will have it working as usual.

In the meanwhile, all we can ask is for your patience, and for you not to click on "skip" or to restart the app if you do so. We know this is far from ideal but, while we work on fixing it, this is the best option at the moment.

Cheers,
    Xarly
  • RipplesGuy
    RipplesGuy Posts: 8 Level 2
    Options
    Thanks @Xarly for this update, and to everyone who took the time to REPORT the problem. So often it takes longer to fix inevitable bugs because people don't necessarily report them right away. I'm sure it helped escalate the issue by seeing just how many people were being impacted by the same issue. (I was able to fold all my laundry during the time it took to play one of those r-e-a-l-l-y l-o-n-g ads!)
    -RipplesGuy

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?