Soda not loading on Mac both on Facebook & King.com

Options

Answers

• csmilee
    csmilee Posts: 14 Level 2
    Options

I play on Google Chrome, and it is up to date. I also play the original Candy Crush Saga, but that game plays fine.

• Beverlyhey
    Beverlyhey Posts: 0 Newbie
    edited February 2020
    Options

Help.. Last week sometime my soda crush stopped loading through fb. It will load to the first screen where you need to click on the overview of levels. But then when I click on the range of level that I am on, it looks like its loading, but then nothing works on the next screen. It used to go through the whole squad team thing and then you can click on your actual level. Right now it does nothing. About a month or so ago, the game would also have to be reloaded almost every hour or so. I have a MAC with High Sierra version 10.13.6. Does anyone have this same issue or now how to fix?

Thank you

Beverlyhey

• leftyguitar
    leftyguitar Posts: 20 Level 2
    Options

I have the same problem. Despite contacting King via e-mail, and carrying out all suggested fixes, nothing works. King is now ignoring me, despite several requests for help plus sending screen shots etc as requested. So much for "support".I figure they have a problem, probably to do with most recent Sierra updates and just don't have the courage to admit it. Why not? This game actually helped me with anxiety issues, because I could play for 20 minutes and "reset" myself. Now I can't play, and King won't help, which sucks.

• mikehowell1
    mikehowell1 Posts: 11 Level 2
    Options

Are we done here? My game does not work still

• AKGirl58
    AKGirl58 Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options

I have a MacBook Pro and have been stuck for several weeks the same as Beverlyhey. Still looking for an answer.

• QueenB
    QueenB Posts: 13,660 Community Manager
    Options

Hi @beverlyhey, @leftyguitar and @AKGirl58 and welcome to our Community 🤗

Have you guys by any chance tried playing on different browser on your Mac? We usually don't recommend Safari for King games.

• leftyguitar
    leftyguitar Posts: 20 Level 2
    edited February 2020
    Options

Hi Queen Bee. Yes I've tried this, along with all other suggestions. Have King tried to make their games run more efficiently on Safari? This shouldn't be our (the players') problem to solve. If Safari really is such a bad platform for King games, why don't they say so when you start playing? It's a total failure of responsibility on Kings' part, and frankly, just insulting to players to be offered the same advice over and over when we have already tried all suggestions. What makes it worse, is that having been asked to show screenshots etc of the problem to the marketing department, they have completely failed to respond, and are , in fact, ignoring me and all the other players with this problem. And why can you only contact marketing? This is clearly a technical issue, a coding problem. So why isn't that being dealt with by the relevant department? And why is there a total absence of feedback to the player? I've been locked out for well over a week now. This is not even slightly good enough.

• mikehowell1
    mikehowell1 Posts: 11 Level 2
    Options

If I don't get a response today I am going to delete this app and move on

• QueenB
    Options

So so sorry we missed your reply @mikehowell1!

Ok, have you tried clearing the cache of your browser or a different one? You can download them from the following links:

- http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/upgrade.html

- https://www.google.com/chrome/browser/desktop/index.html

- http://www.opera.com/computer

Note! If you're already playing in a supported browser we still recommend trying another browser. 

Now make sure that you clear the cache regularly: http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser%27s-Cache.

Hope this helps 🤗

• QueenB
    Options

A lot of fairpoint you bringing up here @leftyguitar and I will make sure the feedback gets passed on to the studio.

Naturally I can't answer all your questions but I do know Safari is not the browser most of King players are using as Mobile version is actually the biggest platform our games are being played on.

So the game doesn't work on neither Chrome or Firefox? Have you tried removing the game from Facebook and install it agian?

First of all, don’t worry as this process will not delete your progress. As soon as you reinstall the game you will be back on the same level as before.

In order to delete the game from Facebook please follow these steps: 

Go to “Settings => Apps” and press the “x” next to the game app.

Now clear the cache for your computer: http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser%27s-Cache.

Search for the game on Facebook and start playing. 

Hope this helps 👍

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?