🔥 Hot right Now! 🌶
🏆 Claim your level milestone badges:
1000 // 2000 // 3000 // 4000 // 5000 // 6000 // 7000
👯‍♀️Find your Team HERE!

The winners are announced!

_Elsa_
_Elsa_ Posts: 36,683 Sweet Legend
edited September 2020 in Candy Friends Stories

The characters stand next to their scarecrows and the judges begin their walk around each of the entries. They ask the characters questions and then move on. When they finish looking at everything they walk away to make their decision. When they begin walking back towards the crowd, Tiffi gets all excited and hopes that she will win. Chewy looks at Arthur and asks him if he thinks they have a chance of winning.  

Things quieten down as one of the judges holds up 3 ribbons for first, second and third place. He announces the names of the winners as another judge walks over to hand out the ribbons. Such excitement. 

The spectators start disbursing and now it’s time for Kim to wrap up the interview. She walks over to the winners and fixes her hair as the cameraman starts his countdown 3 ….. 2 ….. 1 …..

“Good afternoon, I am standing here with the winners of the scarecrow contest in Candy Town,” says Kim. “Congratulations to all the winners.”

She walks over to the third place winner.

“So Tiffi, how do you feel about winning third place?” Kim asks.

How do you keep an energetic character down after she has been told that she’s a winner? 

You can’t! She’ll keep bouncing all over.

“I’m soooooooooooo excited,” Tiffi says. “It would have been really neat if I won first place but my friend Chewy and his father won so I’m happy for them.”

Kim walks over to Yeti next.

“Yeti, congratulations,” Kim says. “How do you feel about winning second place?”

Yeti is in his glory. He has never been a creative person so the win has taken him by surprise.

“I can’t believe that I won,” Yeti says. “This is the first time that I’ve ever done something like this. Are we almost done because I have this craving for chocolate really bad?”

Kim chuckles and walks over to Chewy and Arthur.

“Congratulations to both of you,” Kim says. “How do you feel about winning first place?”

Chewy is still in shock. When the judges had come back with the winners’ names, one judge said that it was not a unanimous decision. It seems this one judge, King Chewy, gave the other two judges a good argument as to why Chewy and Arthur should win. He felt that his namesake really created the best scarecrow. 

“Thank you very much,” Chewy says. “I never thought that we would win first place. But it sure feels good.”

Arthur can’t believe that his son just said that he never thought they’d win first place. He will have to help his son work on his self-esteem. Guess that’s what happens when you’re a father who was never with his son while he was growing up.  He didn’t have a good role model to teach him. But he is still very, very proud of his son.

The interview now comes to an end.

“Well, that’s it for today,” Kim says. “I hope that all your viewers out there enjoyed this. If they make this an annual contest we will try to be back again next year. Now back to our studio!”

Interview story beginning - Breaking news in the Candy Kingdom

You might also be interested in reading all three Seasons come and seasons go stories:

Seasons come and seasons go – the story of the wolf

Seasons come and seasons go - the story of the scarecrow

Seasons come and seasons go - the story of the pumpkin

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?