πŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒFINISHED - Share Your Favorite Halloween Memories for a Chance to Win Gold Bars!!πŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒ

Options

Comments

• _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,687 Sweet Legend
    Options

My favorite memories of Halloween were when I went trick or treating with my grandchildren. I loved going with my children but there is something about trick or treating with your grandchildren that gives me many more memories. I can't even point to any favorite year because each year that I spent walking with them was great! To hear the children laughing and shouting as they say "this house gives you ..... " and all the children would run up to that house. One of my grandson's loved when the person would hold a bowl in front of him and say take as much as you want, and he did! We had to tell him not to take too much. πŸ˜€

Now they are all teenagers and don't do trick or treating anymore. I miss those times. @bearwithme I wish that you lived near your grandson so that you could go trick or treating with him. They grow up way too fast.

• carmenechevarria
    carmenechevarria Posts: 2,178 Pro Player 👑
    Options

My favorite memory of Halloween, is seeing all the different costumes and the creativity people have in creating their own.

• AaronMedina
    AaronMedina Posts: 291 Level 3
    edited October 2021
    Options

Maybe no one can believe this, but I have never celebrated Halloween in my country. Although I could remember something related to the holiday, I have nothing for it.

.The only Halloween keepsake I keep is a stencil of a "black cat in a witch hat" drawing.

After not knowing what Halloween means, it made me think that it never existed due to the fact that the day was replaced by

the "National Day of Autonomy of the Regions of the Nicaraguan Caribbean Coast" or there is also the traditional parade of the Bull Venado del Malinche by Mrs. Carmen Toribio.

The only ones who have had Halloween in my family were my uncles and my cousins ​​who live in Oklahoma.

I came to a point where I did believe in that day, in such a way that I overcame my fears, which 10 years ago were the fear of the dark, of people and of the terrifying.

Over the years, I found myself in the same situations, and I gave it a stop, to show that courage is not the absence of fear; I even made my parents proud for such an act.

Recently, there was a time when I started listening to Creppypasta stories and I saw dreams a little different from that, I even watched horror games, that somehow I stopped being afraid of them.

Until yesterday, my mother showed me 2 candies, and she told me that they are the same ones used in Trick oΒ΄ Treat, and in order not to harm anyone, I accepted them.

Maybe I need a little more time to confront the biggest nightmare that I started having.

• Nenikapaki
    Nenikapaki Posts: 31,657 Level 5
    edited October 2021
    Options

Hello @bearwithme . Thanks for the tag @Diamond Lim .

Halloween before the age of technology came was so much fun. When we were kids, we used to go to neighbors' houses asking for treats. We brought plastic bags to store our goodies and what not. We wore hideous masks to "scare" people. The climax of the event was going to a haunted house and stayed there to tell scary stories and ended up scampering away and frightened. This was my experience and couldn't find this nowadays. Everything has changed.

BOOHHH..πŸ¦΄πŸ’€πŸ‘»πŸ˜±πŸ₯Ά

• AaronMedina
    AaronMedina Posts: 291 Level 3
    Options

It was at a time when he thought he was a "living shadow" due to the fact that he appeared behind people without their noticing; the same thing happened with my parents.This was another of the things that made reference to Halloween

😨

• greddycandy
    greddycandy Posts: 12,429 Level 5
    Options

Sorry we don't celebrate Halloween this side of the world, but they tend to broadcast horror movies over that period and I enjoy that! I suppose that's my favourite Halloween memory.

• Princess_Jessica
    Princess_Jessica Posts: 8,120 Jelly Moderator
    Options

My favorite Halloween story would have to be I remember the first time I got to go to a movie house it was for Halloween my mom and dad took me and my sister to watch Michael Myers Halloween movie I was scared to death I had nightmares forever my dad would always comfort me it's one of my favorite memories because my dad is gone but I have our memories

• Origins7_Dale
    Origins7_Dale Posts: 3,551 Pro Player 👑
    Options

Hi @bearwithme @Diamond Lim @Yosca @Nix66 @Pitty_Kitty thx on tag & contest,

Thinking back, as a child, I remember being dressed up as a *Pirate by my parents, on one halloween. Must of been a great costume, with all the candy I got. Remember it, not only from the amount I got, but also from getting sick, from eating it all also. 🀣

On another halloween, my mom took me to a scary movie, when I was very young. No warning on it tho. It was about a *Mad Scientist, on a island, who injected people in the shoulder with a serum, that grew first a *Eye, then a *Head coming out. I had nightmares for months. So before going to bed, brought the *Dog into my bedroom, to guard the floor boards under my bed, in case this *Mad Scientist showed up. Slept with the covers over my shoulders for months. Would also check my *Dogs Mouth every morning, to see if there was a *Lab Coat in it. Then went to the bathroom mirror, & checked my shoulders for any *Needle Punctures, or anything that might be growing there. Hey, I believed everything I saw on the *Movie Screen, at that time. 🀣

Cyas Origins7 Dale, πŸ˜€

My Player / User ID: 9815076088Β 

10/8/2021

• aijaziqbal
    aijaziqbal Posts: 8,884 Sweet Legend
    Options

Hi @bearwithme .

Very nice topic and interesting to read different stories. But sorry in Pakistan we dont have this event so cant share my memories. πŸ˜‡πŸ˜‡

• me6412
    me6412 Posts: 9,512 Pro Player 👑
    edited October 2021
    Options

Halloween is a all out scare feast for me....Hahahaha Hahahaha

Early that day I would plan my attack on my school friends, those who thought they were so freaking cool, never to be scared or be caught screaming, until they came to my dad's house....Hahahaha....one time I sat on the front porch dress as a scarecrow covered in attire unknown to anyone with a sign that read take one treat only don't be greedy you'll regret it.....as my friends and the neighbors children who come to get their treats, I would wait until they'd turn to leave and I would attack....with a scream and a grab at their costumes they would be Yelling and Cussing, Runing never to stop and see if anyone was really there dropping there Candy and leaving their friends behind all in that moment of scare.....Oh and this happened every year but in different ways never to be the same, never to be noticed until it was to late......Happy Halloween....

This discussion has been closed.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?