⭕ Why can't I play in landscape mode anymore? Game too small!

Options

Answers

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 6,746 Level 5
    edited May 2023
    Options

I can't use my iPad in the upright position and am now forced out of the game altogether because of the the portrait only mode. I did not mind the small interface when portrait only was introduced as a test. I could still use my iPad then, it was just a smaller image on the screen. But having the App rotate to portrait only makes the App unusable for me now. Please change it back.

• honeywest
    honeywest Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options

I’m a service connected disabled vet, and I play candy, crush saga on my iPad, and have to have the landscape mode as I don’t even have the option to play with the portrait mode with my disability! I’ve written and told them that I will not play the game until they switch back but apparently that hasn’t got a whole lot of attention, so I guess I’ll just wait and see what happens…

• lwernery
    lwernery Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options

I hate playing CC in portrait mode on my ipad. This is not an improvement and has drastically reduced the time I spend playing CC. I used to play several times a day every day. Not any longer unless landscape mode play returns. Thank you.

• kiara_wael
    kiara_wael Posts: 149,618 Candy Moderator
    edited May 2023
    Options

Hi and Welcome to the King Community

Thanks for reporting. You can give feedback and check for more info Here

• Pearl2017
    Pearl2017 Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options

It’s really hard on a large iPad to play in portrait mode. Can you please revert back or at least give us the choice to revert revert back to landscape. You switched the view of play last year to portrait only, then back to either, now it’s back to portrait only again. Thank you

• kiara_wael
    kiara_wael Posts: 149,618 Candy Moderator
    edited May 2023
    Options

Hi and Welcome to the King Community

Thanks for reporting. You can give feedback and check for more info Here

• Ldavis53
    Ldavis53 Posts: 18 Level 2
    Options

I agree with all of you, landscape mode needs to come back, I’ve been playing on my iPad with keyboard for years on level 13,638. They’ve made it extremely difficult to play now. I’m protesting by not purchasing any more boosters or moves, also found some other games to play instead! Not sure why they aren’t listening to their community. As a business owner, it’s not a good business decision, hmmm!

• blank9010
    blank9010 Posts: 6 Level 2
    Options

I’m not sure what the ‘check for more info here’ means it just returns to the comments section. We have and are providing feedback but this isn’t being answered in any way. There’s just a generic response from those who are supposed to be the community interface as game moderators

• christinewupp
    edited May 2023
    Options

Is this thread still open? This is a test.

• christinewupp
    edited May 2023
    Options

I would like to point out that I have tried playing in portrait mode sitting at a table and as expected I find it is an uncomfortable strain on my arms and it cannot be done.

So now I am reduced to only playing Candy Crush in front of the TV in the evening when I can rest the iPad on my lap. I find the forced change of screen orientation is discriminatory to people with all manners of age related health issues (mine is a back problem why I sit at the table), hence it is discriminatory against older people. It encourages poor posture for anyone playing for long periods.

Also I object to the censorship going on about the subject of screen orientation. Posts are just removed into the realms of nowhereland. Just because King have decided the change is permanent should not remove our right to voice our opinion on this. I am still hoping it might one day get changed back. In the meantime, casual crushing only it will have to be.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?