⚠️ Need help? Check our FAQ:s first HERE
📩 Email notifications Customise your experience in the forum! HERE

⭕ Why can't I play in landscape mode anymore? Game too small!

Options

Answers

• Pitty_Kitty
    Pitty_Kitty Posts: 13,008 Soda Moderator
    edited August 2023
    Options

Hello @KeepTrying and welcome to King community!

Since you play Candy Crush, I'll pass on your question to Candy moderators @kiara_wael @bearwithme @PummyRaj

This post will be moved from Soda community to Candy Crush community here

• Diamond___Lil
    Diamond___Lil Posts: 6 Level 2
    edited August 2023
    Options

I play CC on my PC at my desk. This week my game switched from landscape to portrait mode. It is downright silly to try to play on a narrow sliver in the middle of my screen. Even with my glasses on it is difficult to see. Working through candy crystals--forget it. You DO understand that a majority of your players are probably 50+ years old? I know I know....magnify the screen so you can see it better, but come on really--fix this foolishness

• kiara_wael
    kiara_wael Posts: 146,953 Candy Moderator
    edited August 2023
    Options

Hi and Welcome to the King Community

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for the feedback. Recently a changed was made in the game to only let players play in Portrait mode (this is how the game would look like when playing on a phone). This change is also effective on Windows. Currently there’s no plans on changing this back, but please leave your feedback on the change in this discussion.

You can also find more information about the change here and here

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 6,404 Level 5
    edited August 2023
    Options

Hi there. This issue has been complained about by many. (Check out the thread in the Support Forum, right at the top there)

My take on this is that I believe King want to make this a mobile only game with appeal to younger players. Therefore, yes, they know that many of the current players are in the 50+ age group (as am I) but they want us out, because let's face it, older people are generally wiser and have learned life lessons so are less likely to waste money on this game. It's all about profit, I am afraid.

• Diamond___Lil
    Diamond___Lil Posts: 6 Level 2
    edited August 2023
    Options

hi Christine thank you for the response. Just looked on Support. This been going on since Xmas but only now got me. I agree with your take although I'm not sure it's an age thing. If King wants to expand their customer base by catering to mobile players, more power to them. But surely they can find a way to do that without losing us old-school players. I have no problem spending modestly on this game that gives me hours of amusement. But I'm not going to play on my phone for the same reason I don't watch movies on my phone. I can't enjoy it if I can't see it.

Lilly

• KeepTrying
    KeepTrying Posts: 37 Level 2
    edited August 2023
    Options

I understand that a change has been made to make the playing screen in portrait mode to make it easier for phone users. I play on a PC. My eyesight isn't so good and the screen is now too small for me to focus properly. I've been informed that there are no plans to make further changes. I will therefore have to stop playing. Doesn't King.com realise that not everyone appreciates or can use all facilities the mobile phone has?

• KeepTrying
    KeepTrying Posts: 37 Level 2
    edited August 2023
    Options

Such a shame. I'm sure there will be others like myself who will now have to stop playing.

• Sherriepk
    Sherriepk Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options

Really , Every morning before work , I play candy Crush on my computer , and eat my breakfast , before work , since you changed the format , the balls are so small it messes with my eyes , it was stupid to change it , you make it less enjoyable every day , signed very unhappy

• Bento22
    Bento22 Posts: 3 Newbie
    edited August 2023
    Options

Edited by CM: 🤔 Oops! Please repost in English so everyone can understand! Check out our House Rules!

• kevinunkefer
    kevinunkefer Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

it's smaller to see and doesn't fit on screen, i'm using a laptop, how do i get it back to the way it use to be for years

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?